Poll

NEWS

skin disorders
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Granuloma Annulare  (Read 4430 times)

Offline cierra3

• Registered member
  • Registered SkinCell Member
Granuloma Annulare
« on: Thursday January 29, 2004, 10:10:21 PM »
Go to the NCBI site (national library of Medicine) to the PubMed search and type in granuloma annulare borrelia.  Granuloma annulare can be a symptom of Lyme disease. This is contracted from a tick or even a fly bit if it bit an infected deer.
A skin culture of Lyme (Borrelia Burgdorferi) or similar microorganisms from the specimen is necessary if you have had it for any length of time because it hides and is not detected by blood tests. Other symptoms are tingling of digits, stiff necks, arthritic pain..not always constant for everyone. Flu like symptoms at the onset.I remember getting bit by alot of no see ums (black flies) before my onset last spring.
 I just needed to share this info...I may not have Lyme disease but we think it's probable and am trying to find a lab that will perform this certain test from biopsy I will get.  Hope this helps someone. ??? ???

Offline cierra3

• Registered member
Re:Granuloma Annulare
« Reply #1 on: Monday February 23, 2004, 10:51:53 PM »
Here is an update to my granuloma. My biopsy of it showed BB Lyme Disease. I know not all of us have it but it is worth looking into. The spirochete make a cacoon in ones tissue. I hope this may help someone,and I hope it helps me. On meds for Lyme today,will update progress on granuloma as and if it changes. Luck to all!

Offline GAsufferer

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday February 25, 2004, 02:57:28 AM »
hey ive just been diagnosed with granuloma annulare i have it well lets say on a very personally partof my body which i hear is incredibly rare any insight. i had a biopsy noone mentiojned lyme disease  does anyone know if they check for lyme every biopsy>?

Offline cierra3

• Registered member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday February 25, 2004, 02:53:23 PM »
hi
they do not check for Lyme during biopsy's unless specifically  sent for it. I had one done last fall that came back...granuloma annulare and nothing else. I had another of the granuloma sent 2 weeks ago, to a lab in Fla(reside in maine) that tests for LD explicitley,and was positive!

Offline Val

• SkinCell Friend
  • Golden GasBag
  • Mmmmm ! The Weird One I am !
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday February 25, 2004, 09:46:44 PM »

:hi: cierra3,

I don't think I've welcomed you to our SkinCell cyber family yet, so welcome. ;D

Good luck with your BB Lyme Disease and GA. I'm sorry but I don't know much about Lyme Disease so will have to look it up. But do hope your conditions are able to be controlled. :hug:

Yes do please update us as to how you're doing. Also hope to see you posting around all our boards so the we can get to know you better. :)

Val :hugs:

Offline cierra3

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday February 25, 2004, 10:52:17 PM »
Hi Val;
Thanks for the welcome, sure is nice to read that.
I just wanted to share this in case someone here was misdiagnosed. It certainly doesn't mean that all GA is this . Nothing is cut and dry unfortunately.
Lyme is from ticks,bacteria that can be dibilitating to ones immune system,neorological,mental...the entire works.

This is a great site. Informative ,friendly and love some of the wit here! I'm staying girl!

Offline cierra3

• Registered member
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday May 18, 2004, 12:25:19 PM »
Update ong GA/Lyme.
There has been much controversy about the connection of the 2. They have been finding many more cases associated. The erythema migrans hibernate in the cells away from unfriendly territory. An unfriendly territory for them is a healthy system for us.  My GA has cleared up on my arms, and the inflammation has decreased in other areas. The antibiotic I am on is verrrry slow working and attacks the bacteria/dna.    
Unless a  bopsy test is specific, and there are very few labs able to do this, then it most likely will not be detected. I had a punch biopsy and the test was a flourescent antibody RIBb at bowen research in Fla. Unfortunately this test is out of pocket.
I am in no way suggesting everyone run off to have testing, but am passing on my experience.

Gobe

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday May 18, 2004, 01:01:51 PM »
 :hi:

Welcome to Skincell cierra3!

:)

Offline cierra3

• Registered member
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday May 18, 2004, 01:28:49 PM »
Thank ;Ds Gobe,
Been with group for a while ,just checking in.

Offline ringmaster

• Registered member
« Reply #9 on: Saturday June 12, 2004, 05:40:57 PM »
I was diagnosed last year with GA.  Could not believe it.  I was bitten by somethin (did not see what) my hand swelled up and got blisters.  When I went to the walk-in clinic they just gave me antibiotics so the blisters would not get infected, and a tetanus shot!  A few weeks later the rings started showing up. Mostly inside the elbow area and behind my knees in the soft spots.  Dermatologist tried Protopic, Elidel, etc-nothing.... I went to other doctors, and all my boodtests came back "normal"
Even though I told all the doctors that I was bitten by somethin-even got the records to prove it-no one has checked for lyme disease.
Now the dermatologist wants to try Accutane.  He seems to think it may work.  I hope it does, cause I now have these things all over my arms, legs, body, neck and now my face.  They have got to be stopped!
Sure glad I found someone else with the problem!  
All things are possible, just keep trying....

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
« Reply #10 on: Monday June 14, 2004, 01:36:19 AM »
 :hi: cierra3 and welcome to skincell!

Hvns
When Life gives you Lemons--Make Lemonaide!

Offline ringmaster

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday June 15, 2004, 01:53:40 AM »
Just an update. Went to doc today-test positive for GA, I asked about the Lyme test, but he felt it was not necessary. He put me on Dapsone 100 mg per day. He prescribed 30 day supply & I'll have to get blood tests once a week while on it.  Not as bad as Accutane (side effect wise) which would be his next alternative.  Will let you know what happens.......
All things are possible, just keep trying....

Offline Mertzee

• Registered member
« Reply #12 on: Friday June 25, 2004, 01:52:11 AM »
I'm so glad to find others labeled with GA.  I can't even pronounce it.  I just had a biopsy done on an elbow a cluster ring is on and so I'm officially confused what this is exactly and where it came from.  

The tick theory is very interesting since we are big into the outdoors..camping biking hiking.

Tomorrow I'm going to the derm man for corizome shots in all the bumpies to make them go away.  They are on both pointy elbows and working their way down the back of my forearms.

I'll let you know what he says when I start talking Lyme.

Mertzee

Offline deb1963

• Registered member
  • Granuloma Annulare
Re: Granuloma Annulare
« Reply #13 on: Saturday January 23, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »
Hi I too have GA 7 months now, have tried all the creams and have had thousands of steroid injections, had to stop because the steroids messes with my sugar levels, I am Diabetic. Good luck with the injections, I had GA on hands, arms up to shoulders and all on my chest just below my neck, a few on my neck and getting shots into every single bump was bad but the shots stopped the itching for a few days, but never gets rid of GA just so you know, I was going every 3 weeks and I still have them. I've done so much research and had my MD order every possible blood test, thinking there was some other association we were missing beside Diabetes... all tests are normal. I'm done with the meds and shots, Im trying natural things now... all stuff good for the skin...
I am also trying to eliminate wheat from my diet... there seems to be some relation to GA and wheat.. who knows...
Will keep all posted..
Deb
I have Granuloma Annulare.. HELP!