Author Topic: really bad needle poking type itchy skin  (Read 3998 times)

Offline ellpayu

• Registered member
  • Registered SkinCell Member
really bad needle poking type itchy skin
« on: Thursday November 20, 2003, 10:05:08 PM »
 :(ok well ive had this problem since i was young.  whenever its getting hot or whenever im in a certain mood (excited or hyper ;) mood maybe? i dont know) my skin really itches.  it feels like someone is poking me with very itchy needles.  i get so itchy and i cant do nothing about it because when i scratch a certain spot i just get more.  its horrible :(.  i try putting lotion on but maybe it wears off or somethin because at the end of the day or in the afternoon is usually when i get it.  could it be dry skin?  i get this itch on my back, head, sides mostly, but other places too probably.  so can anyone please help?? thanks you.  

Offline kneecapper

• Registered member
  • Grand One Liner
Re:really bad needle poking type itchy skin
« Reply #1 on: Friday November 21, 2003, 12:08:52 AM »
 :hi:ellpayu

welcome to the forum. Can you be a bit more specific about your skin condition. Does it come out in little red lumps?

Maggie
Laughter is the best medicine

Offline ellpayu

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Friday November 21, 2003, 12:33:28 AM »
well i have a few like zits on my head and i have little zits on my back but just small ones and theyre not red.  you can only tell if you touch my back.  i remember i first got them in like 2nd grade or something on my head.  the nurse called my mom.  some little red zits on my head.  but are they regular acne zits?  cuz  what kinda freakin zits make it like needles are poking you and they itch like hell?  what should i do?  thanks

Offline Fishs

• Registered member
  • GasBag - P.I.
  • The Voice Of Reason ...
    • Fish's web Site
« Reply #3 on: Friday November 21, 2003, 07:20:37 AM »
 :hi:

Hi there Ellpayu,

Welcome along to the forum.

well I hope you find some answers there Ell..

Like Maggie says . there is not much specific  re solid info to get a bit of an idea on just how we can advise
 My first point would be  to get a correct diagnosis on this from a Doc  etc so that you know exactually what you are  dealing with .. Have you ever been to a doc to get this looked at ?  You say you have had this problem since you were young .. so If it is starting to become a problem i would be getting some advice from a Doc ..

Others may have some more info for you ..

Fish
If it's going to be  It's up to me ..

Gobe

« Reply #4 on: Friday November 21, 2003, 06:00:21 PM »
 :hi:

Welcome to Skincell Ellpayu!

I suffer from eczema and itch like that a lot of the time.  Things that make my worse are heat and sweat.

Yes it could be that you have naturally very dry skin (like myself).  You may need to apply moisturiser several times a day to keep your skin comfortable or try taking antihistamines.  

I really do think that you should see your doctor and ask for a referral to a derm so you can get the correct diagnosis and treatment.