Author Topic: Do I have Lichen planus? Genital problem.  (Read 1104 times)

Offline gutterflower

• Registered member
Do I have Lichen planus? Genital problem.
« on: Sunday March 17, 2013, 12:35:10 AM »
Hello everybody, I've had this problem since November 2010 and it's very VERY painful and depressing to be living with this. Basically my penis glans (head) is raw and I'm not talking a little part that's a couple of centimeters wide, I mean the entire glans is raw, hypersensitive, extremely dry, wrinkles up like an 80 year olds hands, red (inflamed) and very recently the foreskin became raw and red as well. My skin or mucous membrane hasn't regrown since it peeled off in November (the first layer of skin was first weak, white and soggy and then just fell off of my glans).

Now I think a few things contributed to this. In late 2007, early 2008 I used the steroid cream (Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP) to be exact, prescribed to me by a  pediatrician for another problem I had on the glans unrelated to the new one I picked up. So I used it for a couple of weeks (on and off-not everyday) and it cleared that problem. I stopped using the steroid cream after that problem was gone, but I noticed a year later that it made my glans less sensitive when I touched them. Then I started washing my penis with baby shampoo and sometimes hand soap (from 2008-2010) I think I overused it to be honest and now looking back I don't think I should have put baby shampoo anywhere near my penis.

Then in November of 2010 I noticed the skin on my glans was becoming weak, soggy looking and discolored (white). And so I cleaned it with the baby shampoo and it started peeling off, first it was the center layer and soon the entire glans first layer peeled off it was so weak and white soggy..... disgusting. And ever since it's been raw I can't even touch my glans without it hurting horribly.

Can this be Lichen planus? From what I've read the characteristics are similar and I know it's not a fungus because I went to a urologist and he gave me a steroid cream which I used only for a couple of days and although it stopped some itching I had it caused like I said before for my foreskin to peel off and become raw and white discolored. Did the shampoo and steroids eventually contribute to this problem how can I get the skin to regrow on my penis glans and foreskin and to make the skin stronger down their so it's now white and soggy??

Sorry for the long post but this problem has ruined my life and I've even thought about suicide but I always tell myself there has to be a solution I just have to find the right diagnosis!! PLEASE HELP!!