Author Topic: eczema cure found  (Read 10034 times)

Offline eczema no more

• Registered member
eczema cure found
« on: Monday March 07, 2011, 01:04:16 PM »
I originally posted this in the eczema forum, and thought to add it here just in case it may also help with other forms of skin problems.>>>
hello all, I had severe pompholyx eczema for 3 yrs, went to the dermatologist many times ,was given steriods, it came back  every time after a couple of weeks with a vengence, I was miserable  :'(  :-[ ,I began trying every thing that the health food stores had, every herb, vitamine and mineral,acv ,tee tree oil ,you name it.
Then I came across MSM or also known as organic sulfer. I began taking one 1000 ml  powered capsule twice a day, I noticed an improvement within 4 days, then I started upping the dose every three days until I was taking 7 capsules a day. by the end of the month I was completely healed, it has been almost  2yrs and not one blister  .  :laugh:
  Please take warning ,though.... do not try and start out with a real high dose, because what msm does, is make your cells more permeable and releases toxins from the cells, so if you try to start out with a high dose your body will not be able to rid it's self fast enough of the toxins and you may get headaches and dizziness, also drink lots of water to flush toxins from your body. some may even need to start out at two doses of 500 ml a day, then work yourself up to higher doses. you can also buy creams and lotions with msm in them, but there may be irratants in them as well.
 I feel the capsules with the powdered msm work best. you can also open a capsule and mix with a few drops of water  then apply  to blisters with cotton ball. do a search for your self, the only known side effect is increased hair growth on the head. there was even a study done that shows that msm can reverse some liver damage.
also wanted to add that after that first month of treatment,I continued one more month but after that I have not took any more msm.please let me know of your success

Offline lapinblanc

• Registered member
Re: eczema cure found
« Reply #1 on: Monday March 07, 2011, 09:17:30 PM »
Thanks so much for posting this! It's definitely worth a try. I am also trying all kinds of things to try get rid of this annoying skin condition, mostly diet and as little steroid cream i can manage with... but it's not going away just as easily and irreversibly as you describe. Will probably give MSM a try and, if I do, will let you know the progress. Did you also apply on blisters as you describe it is possible or were you just swallowing the capsules? Thanks so much again!  :)

Offline eczema no more

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Monday March 07, 2011, 11:10:50 PM »
Thanks so much for posting this! It's definitely worth a try. I am also trying all kinds of things to try get rid of this annoying skin condition, mostly diet and as little steroid cream i can manage with... but it's not going away just as easily and irreversibly as you describe. Will probably give MSM a try and, if I do, will let you know the progress. Did you also apply on blisters as you describe it is possible or were you just swallowing the capsules? Thanks so much again!  :)

I did apply to blisters that were to the skin surface, however after about 4 days most blisters stayed below the surface. I also tried diet and even fasting, along with every other remedy ever thought of . so for me the msm was a miracle, and it's not even a drug!  just be  sure to work yourself up to higher doses. by the way, msm can also be bought in just the pure powder form from any feed store, but I just bought the right-aid drugstore capsules

Offline Big Ears

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday March 08, 2011, 10:32:36 PM »
I will give this a try also. Lapinblac and I have been trading our sucesses and otherwise with each other regarding radiation/UV therapy lately. This seems even less invasive. I'm up for a try!
Just curious, what is your weight?
It seems that with systemic cures, your weight might dictate the amount of pills/powder/drug or MSM that would be perscribed, so if you were taking 2 pills (1000mg each) per day and working up to 7/day (7000mg total per day), someone with a slightly heavier build than you may need more.
Thanks for sharing your positive results, they are much welcomed by all.
Take Care,
BIG EARS

Offline eczema no more

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday March 09, 2011, 02:45:56 AM »
I will give this a try also. Lapinblac and I have been trading our sucesses and otherwise with each other regarding radiation/UV therapy lately. This seems even less invasive. I'm up for a try!
It seems that with systemic cures, your weight might dictate the amount of pills/powder/drug or MSM that would be perscribed, so if you were taking 2 pills (1000mg each) per day and working up to 7/day (7000mg total per day), someone with a slightly heavier build than you may need more.

my weight is 172 and I am 5'6 , although I do understand your thinking about weight playing a part in doseage, I would still use caution and if you start getting headaches or dizziness back off the doseage, also wanted to add that you may also notice increased energy so taking higher doses may prevent you from getting to sleep, now when I say energy, I mean a feeling of well being and not jittery energy like caffine does, but can still interfer with sleep.

I once read a study regarding doseage based upon weight, if I can find it again i will post it here.

I am curious, what type of eczema that you have? I ask this, because certain types of eczema are due to high levels of acid in the blood , and the msm may need to be combined with drinking large amounts of lemon juice mixed with water, I know this sounds weird because lemons are high in acid , but once lemon juice enters the blood stream it has the opposite effect and becomes alkaline instead.

Offline eczema no more

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday March 09, 2011, 03:15:33 AM »
the following is part of a study done on how powerful MSM  is as a detoxifier, >>>>> ( sorry the photos  in figure a and b would not copy)

Detoxification

MSM is known to dissolve in many organic and inorganic compounds (1). Bound to the mucosa and split into an electron deficient group CH3SO2. , MSM reacts with toxins, affects inactivation and speeds excretion (4). Furthermore, MSM enhances the permeability of cell membranes, making it easier for nutrients to be taken up by the cells, and waste products to be eliminated. Practically speaking, MSM drastically increases the ability of cells to excrete toxic waste products. Many health practitioners working with MSM will state, that it is the most powerful detoxifying nutraceutical or pharmaceutical agent they have ever worked with.

A recent example shows the dramatic detoxification action of MSM. A young artist sought help in a psychiatric institution for severe mental complaints. Anti-depressives worsened his complaints to such degree that he decided to look for alternative care. Microscopic examination of his blood using the Life Blood / HLB test showed undeniably that the man suffered from several heavy metal and solvent poisoning caused by the paints which he used in his art work. This person subsequently sought the help of various traditional and alternative medical professionals who prescribed various pharmaceutical drugs, homeopathic and orthomolecular detoxifier as well as bioresonance therapy. After one and one half years of detoxification the blood picture had somewhat improved, but he still exhibited severe toxicity symptoms (Figure a).

Figure a                                       Figure b

One and one half years later, his blood had improved somewhat but his basic complaints had remained unchanged. On the advice of the author, this man stopped taking the medications received so far, and was put on high dosages of MSM (15 grams/day), supported by weekly Ayurvedic sweat baths to stimulated waste discharge. Two months later his  microscopic examination showed that his blood had returned to normal (Figure b), and he indicated that, for the first time since seeking treatment, he had noticed a significant improvement in his condition.

Offline eczema no more

• Registered member
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday March 09, 2011, 03:21:24 AM »
here is part of the same study that directly refers to skin. >>>>

Skin

msm is called nature's "beauty mineral," because it keeps the skin smooth and youthful, and the hair glossy. msm is necessary for production of collagen and keratin, protein necessary for health and maintenance of skin, nails and hair (6). Several experiments have shown, that all kinds of dermatological disorders which are often allergy-related, respond favorably to a diet supplemented by MSM. Oral dosages of MSM have shown to be effective against acne, Rosaceae and dry, scaly or itching skin(3). When used topically in the form of an ointment or lotion, MSM is helpful in treating skin disorders including acne, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, scabies, diaper rash and certain fungal infections (1, 6). Scars resulting from operations and from burns also respond well to topical application. New scars can heal so perfectly, that they are almost invisible. Old scars, too, can improve markedly.

Offline eczema no more

• Registered member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday March 09, 2011, 03:26:40 AM »
everthing you need to know about msm, much information, lots of clinical talk, but interesting http://www.msm-info.com/

Offline eczema no more

• Registered member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday March 09, 2011, 03:47:23 AM »

hello again big ears,lol    I noticed in my post I put 1000 ml , but you indicate mg above . you are of course correct it is mg, I say this because, in one of my post  I have added a link to a site that covers everthing about msm and you will notice that there is a section about doseage, but it refers to grams , and i dont know nothing about converting milligrams to grams. but check out the site for doseage info

Offline Big Ears

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday March 09, 2011, 10:16:15 PM »
Wow, thanks.
This is a lot of information!
I will look into the use and more importantly give it a try.
Are you sure you don't work for an MSM company? ha! So I think you had a question... both Lapinblanc and I have Pompholyx. I have not seemed to shake mine for about 2 years now.
See my other thread for details on my other remedy trials.

http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php?topic=25308.0

Funny that you should mention that MSM may be the cure, I have a manufacturing plant right down the road from where I work and they almost exclusivly make MSM (mostely bulk) at their plant. I took over for our Quality Assurance Manager at my work when she left to go work there!

Cheers!
Take Care,
BIG EARS