Author Topic: Eczema on Scalp  (Read 3747 times)

Offline AEC

• Registered member
Eczema on Scalp
« on: Tuesday August 11, 2009, 11:49:36 PM »
Lately my scalp has been very itchy and I noticed that I have been dropping lots of flakes after I scratch it. Due to eczema on my face and neck, I am suspecting that it has spread to my scalp.

Anyone have any suggestions for preventions, treatments and to relieve the itch?
My Eczema Summary:
My Eczema triggered 1 year after coming back to Malaysia in 2007, after studying in Australia.

Affected locations are my cheeks, forehead, behind and in front of my ears, neck (front and sides), behind my knees, between my elbows, and possibly on my scalp.

Offline AEC

• Registered member
Re: Eczema on Scalp
« Reply #1 on: Thursday August 20, 2009, 11:36:26 PM »
This week my scalp has been more itchy than usual. My eczema on my scalp is getting worse!!

Once again, anyone have any suggestions for preventions, treatments and to relieve the itch? It's getting really annoying and the amount of dandruff I'm shedding is equally embarassing.
My Eczema Summary:
My Eczema triggered 1 year after coming back to Malaysia in 2007, after studying in Australia.

Affected locations are my cheeks, forehead, behind and in front of my ears, neck (front and sides), behind my knees, between my elbows, and possibly on my scalp.

Offline paperclip

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday October 07, 2009, 12:13:07 PM »
I had eczema on my scalp when I was a young teenager and used polytar shampoo. It smells of burning but it did the job. More recently I have suffered from eczema on my scalp and have tried nizarol but it didnt seem to work. I am more than certain it caused by hair products. I am currently using V05 fibre putty and it is definately drying out my scalp. Watch your hair products if you use them maybe its the cause.

Offline Dapper

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday November 11, 2009, 05:43:22 AM »
Hey, some of you ladies must have some more ideas about scalp eczema?  This is really becoming a problem for me, I used to just shave my head so that I could apply creams and ointments to my scalp to control the eczma there, but I have been trying to grow my hair out and have been doing so for nine or ten months, so I would hate to shave it off again at this point it's looking really good. :P

My scalp is all raw and I'm scratching the hair off in some places, and starting to get infections, ugh.  Please help! 

I haven't tried any coal tar shampoos yet, my skin is very sensitive and normally what I use to wash my hair is a simple pine tar soap which is just pine tar, olive oil, and salt.  Are there any coal tar shampoos anyone would reccomend that don't have any nasty chemicals/scents/weirdstuff in them?

Thanks!

Offline skinurghs

• Diary of an Eczema Suffer
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday November 17, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »
Have been washing my head with table salt and then moisturising it after with something I got from Boots
Positive action, positive thoughts, positive healing