Author Topic: HS Lesion Behind Ear?  (Read 7178 times)

Offline Midnight

• Registered member
HS Lesion Behind Ear?
« on: Tuesday April 07, 2009, 06:54:48 AM »
Ok totally strange, and fairly unheard of as far as I know. For about a week I had felt some swelling and pressure behind my right ear. I could feel a tender, large area when I put my finger on it. This morning when I was combing my hair, some of it was stuck behind my ear. The lesion had burst and yeck my hair was stuck in it and dried overnight :shake:. I pulled the hair off, pushed on the lesion, and a lot more drainage made it's way out. It was definately an HS lesion. The characteristics of the drainage were dead on. Totally gross and way too close to my face for comfort. Anybody else have this happen to them? My biggest question is, if HS is tied directly to the apocrine sweat glands, why would it happen behind my ear? There are no apocrine sweat glands behind there unless I am mistaken?

Offline CazAngel

• SkinCell God
  • An Enigma
    • My Facebook page.
Re: HS Lesion Behind Ear?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday April 07, 2009, 08:19:33 AM »
You aren't alone there, I've had one in that area before, but only the once..... Though they say those glands are anywhere on your body that has follicles and hair, I imagine even if peach fuzz or so light we don't realize there is hair. Just like I've read some, though rare, can get HS lesion ear area and hair line. Though, HS and all of that can be so confusing, some say the condition is firstly and directly connected to the glands, but yet some have had the gland removal and still had occurrence. Then others say the gland usually is related to HS but is secondary. Several Dr's have announced their opinions and it seems none of them COMPLETELY agree with eachother on why, how, treatment, etc. Almost makes one want to pull their hair out and scream, though not sure it'd do much good. So far HS is generally referred to as a skin, hair follicle and gland condition, and it seems no-one is exactly the same but usually similarities will be seen from person to person, with HS. I think on how the condition functions, works, reacts etc partly has to do with the individual that has it, like with some that have certain hormonal issues, the hormone problems can play a bit of a part in how the HS works, but does not cause it, but I think certain things can play a part, but it still doesn't make it easy to figure out. Try not to stress though, Hun, because that can effect HS too. Always around. :)

:hugs:
With care,
Caz (Carolyn)
xx :hugs:

"Nonviolence is not a garment to be put on and off at will.
Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being." - Gandhi

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination." - Einstein

Offline aliveandwell47

• Registered member
  • has stage 3 or worse H S
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday May 19, 2009, 08:15:36 PM »
hi yes i have one on lob of left ear has been there sence the 80's. doctors have told me back then not to worry it comes and goes. then my left arm three surgies still there now it looks like swiss cheese, and ofcouse my groin very bad im on enbril and roids its helping a lot but dont think this crap will ever go away.

Offline Renney25

• Registered member
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday June 10, 2009, 02:57:11 AM »
I don't know how rare it is, but I have been getting those behind both ears for several years.  I don't seem to have much going on at the hairline.  So that's a good sign, I guess.  Of course we're all different, but I don't think it's necessarily going to spread from ears to hairline.

It's always hard to deal with when it spreads to a new area, though.  I fully relate to your worries.

Offline twisted

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Friday August 21, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
Hello. I have had them behind my ear several times too. I'm not sure why they come back there but the Dr. didn't seem surprised. I know it's scary because it's so close to your face. I did once have one on my cheek  :'( It was so embarrassing. That was about 7 years ago and thankfully I haven't had more there. The best advice I can give you is to not wear earring and try not to use headphones or anything like that. I know it's hard I wear glasses so that is almost impossible to do.