Author Topic: Dent in my leg :( please help me  (Read 13153 times)

Offline sweet_shaz

Dent in my leg :( please help me
« on: Friday April 04, 2008, 09:20:28 PM »
Hi hope ur all well i need some help

a few weeks ago i noticed a dent in my right leg which was very noticable it was like someone had sucked out the fat from that part of my leg. i didnt bang it or anything and it took a while for it to go away. tonight i have noticed the same thing has happened again in the same place. the last time this happened it was very painful to walk after a few days i went to nhs direct who couldnt tell me what was wrong and told me to just rest it. 2 days later the pain was unbearable so i went to the hospital they didnt really care and said it was nothing (by then the dent had gone a bit so was not so noticable) and to just rest it.

does anyone know what this could be? i havent done anything to cause this dent i have been sitting down all day doing marking so i know i havent hurt myself. i know this is not normal. i havent changed anything in my life to cause this and im on no medication.

Please help me

thank u

Sharon
x

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
Re: Dent in my leg :( please help me
« Reply #1 on: Saturday April 05, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »
That is really disconcerning!

Sounds a bit like a muscle problem... like a cramp or something. Sort of. Usually with those, it's a bump rather than a dent.

??? Do you think heat on it would help ease the pain?
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline sweet_shaz

« Reply #2 on: Saturday April 05, 2008, 03:24:28 PM »
the last time it happened i tried everything on it and nothing made a difference. Woke up this morning and its almost back to normal but im worried about why its happening especially if it keeps happening.

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #3 on: Saturday April 05, 2008, 07:03:58 PM »
That's really interesting, Sharon.  The only thing I can think of is that you have a localized tightning of the fascial sheath with envelops the muscle.  I don't know what might be causing this, and why it would be so localized.  Does stretching help to alleviate the soreness?

I'm guessing it's happening somewhere on the upper leg?  You might try some stretches for the quadriceps muscles, and also for the IT band (which runs from the pelvis to just below knee area long the outside part of the leg)

Offline sweet_shaz

« Reply #4 on: Saturday April 05, 2008, 10:52:38 PM »
Hi itchychick

its nice to hear from u again. hope ur ok. its near my shin the pain i had came on a few days after the dent and it was just painful to walk on the same pain u get if u sprain ur ankle.

Offline CazAngel

• SkinCell God
  • An Enigma
    • My Facebook page.
« Reply #5 on: Sunday September 07, 2008, 11:28:06 AM »
Hello. I know it's been a long time since this thread has been replied to. I just came across it and I was curious if you found out what was wrong or if you're doing any better. I hope you are well. :hugs:
With care,
Caz (Carolyn)
xx :hugs:

"Nonviolence is not a garment to be put on and off at will.
Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being." - Gandhi

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination." - Einstein