Author Topic: Daughter's Execema Gone!  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Ky-Ani

• Registered member
Daughter's Execema Gone!
« on: Wednesday March 07, 2007, 11:13:08 PM »
My daughter, 4 years old, has has execema in the creases of her arms and the back of her legs and was using topical steroids to treat.  I didn't really like how her skin was thinning from the cream and how she continued to itch.  We tried a blueberry antioxidant product that she would drink daily and after 2 1/2 weeks it was gone.  I didn't believe that it worked, but also didn't want to take her off of the blueberry drink if it did work.  I told my sister about it because her kid had execema in her ears and on tops of her feet so bad it would bleed.  She tried it and at two weeks called and said this blueberry stuff just isn't working.  I told her to try it another week and three days later she called and said the ears were clear and the feet were improving.  Since then we have had other neices and nephews get on it with execema and now I guess I can say I am a believer in this product and a plus to the product it is a multi-vitamin.  If you want more info let me know.     

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
Re: Daughter's Execema Gone!
« Reply #1 on: Friday June 29, 2007, 02:53:49 PM »
You say a blueberry antioxidant product.  Wouldn't it be worthwhile to try some mashed blueberries on the affected area at bedtime?  Might get a few stains on the sheets.  But on the other hand, if the cream you are using is not intensely blue, and also stain the sheets or clothing, it may be mostly ingredients other than blueberry.  It is a credible idea that several different juices, used topically and/or taken orally could be of some benefit for some skin conditions, and for one's general health.  I would favor using the fresh fruits themselves applied at bedtime, so that the enzymes which are natural to the fresh fruits will not have been denatured by pasteurization, as they most certainly will have been in a lotion, cream, or even a juice for oral consumption.  The antioxidant effect should also be greater.

Be sure to avoid putting a dark colored fruit or juice on any open skin lesion.  Would not want to accidentally tattoo the person.

As to wanting to know more about the product you are using, the ingredient list, exactly as it is on the container is always useful. 
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis