Author Topic: Sore feet, tender hands, bummed out heart  (Read 2979 times)

Offline dawnhuberty

• Registered member
    • WIRED4LIFE Pacemaker Support for Women
Sore feet, tender hands, bummed out heart
« on: Friday October 06, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »

:-[

I've been dealing with PPP since 2001.  I've seen nine dermatologists through the years and am meeting with another new doctor on the 12th of October.  I am fed up with this disease, I am discouraged and mostly bummed out.  I am lucky in some regards; I work with my husband at our own business; so when my feet are in the extreme, and I can barely walk - I can 'call in sick' and not get in trouble with the boss.  :P

I am currently taking the maximum dose of MTX and using Halbetsol ointment.  Neither are working.  I just stopped taking cyclosporine.  I also quit Humira, due to bad side effects, but mostly I couldn't wrap my mind around the whole shot thing.  I cried before, during and after every injection.  :'(

I have to keep my hands moisturized throughout the day; or they catch on anything....and it's worse than a hangnail -- when skin rips from the palm of your hand.  My feet are so raw, red and tender - so I give them a break, sit as much as possible, walk on the outer sides of my shoes (which effects my hip, but oh well)

Okay - I should quit complaining and whining. :o  I am normally a very strong person. :clap:  This PPP hasn't beat me yet -- I just have very down days.  I attended the National Psoriasis Convention in San Diego a few years ago, I learned alot -- but not enough about PPP is available. 

Mostly, I am looking for some friends to share these feelings with.  I like reading about 'what works or doesn't' for people.  I have a great support circle -- but as much as they love me, they cannot know what it's like.

Thanks for Skincell!  I'm really happy I found you! 

Painful feet: dances in her sleep!  :-)

Offline totalfolly

• SkinCell Friend
  • Crazy Cat Hero
    • Jo & Co. in Virginia
Re: Sore feet, tender hands, bummed out heart
« Reply #1 on: Friday October 06, 2006, 04:17:37 PM »
Hiya, Dawn, and welcome to SkinCell!

We all know what it's like to deal with a skin condition.  Good job keeping it from keeping you down!  :yay:

totalfolly

"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Polkadot

« Reply #2 on: Friday October 06, 2006, 06:29:04 PM »
 Hi Dawn! Welcome!!!  :hi:
  we're really happy you found us too!!!  :hugs:   :)

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
« Reply #3 on: Saturday October 07, 2006, 05:00:54 PM »
Hi Dawn:  Welcome.

Please go to Skin Complaints and Skin Disorders, then click on PPP or Pustular Psoriasis - A Chronicle.  We look forward to you joining our thread there.  We all have PPP, most of us are woman, and a huge percentage current or former smokers (nearly all, I think).

You can whine, read the posts, contribute.  There is much info there, and we have some super researchers.

Jane
It's a good day when you laugh!

Offline 1

• SkinCell Grand
  • Of War.
« Reply #4 on: Saturday October 07, 2006, 08:12:19 PM »
:hi: Welcome To SkinCell :hi:

Offline grannyfranny

• Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday October 08, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »
Hi Dawn,
Glad you found us,,,,I don't know why I didn't tell you about this site. I have been a member here for a long time.
Anyway,,,you found us,,,,do come over to the "Chronicle" and join us. We all have this and share a lot of info.
Granny
I

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: Saturday October 14, 2006, 08:19:18 PM »
Hi Dawn   :hi:

Welcome to SkinCell!

Wooley

Offline Daisey

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Little Angels
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday October 17, 2006, 07:58:51 AM »
 :hi: Dawn

Welcome to SkinCell!

Daisey
Life is a wonderful journey, enjoy every day, be thankful for love, & live for the moment! :-)

Offline dawnhuberty

• Registered member
    • WIRED4LIFE Pacemaker Support for Women
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday October 17, 2006, 03:47:05 PM »
Thanks for all the lovely replies; it's been great getting to know people here!  I feel better just having someone to share my outbursts and thoughts with!   :P
Painful feet: dances in her sleep!  :-)

Offline spotty spot

• Registered member
« Reply #9 on: Thursday November 02, 2006, 10:58:38 PM »
I am so sorry for your skin condition. it sounds horrid.

But you know the old annoying way of looking at things, is sometimes right - If we didn't have any difficulties in life we would be like a reed toppled by the softest of winds. you'll be grateful for having to become strong within yourself through this one day! and in the mean time, you are wonderful and enjoy the ride! Keep on charging!
Be the change you wish to see in this world - Ghandi

Offline B. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: Saturday November 04, 2006, 03:00:49 AM »
Have you tried wet bandages yet?  It is the best treatment for raw, sore feet or hands that I have found yet.  Just cut a piece of gauze the size of the raw area, wet it with filtered or distilled water, place it on the area, cover with another gauze piece and secure with tape.  A bandaid works well if you can find one big enough.  Leave on over night or all day if you can.  Good luck! Barbara

Offline cemeterybride666

« Reply #11 on: Sunday November 05, 2006, 12:29:24 AM »
hi dawn,
strange idea here...butter ? I saw a lady on tv take a mans hand that was very dry she washed them and soaked them a minute in (liquified) butter, rinsed and they (looked) soft...and that was their miracle cure of the day.
good luck
another dawn

Offline 1

• SkinCell Grand
  • Of War.
« Reply #12 on: Sunday November 05, 2006, 08:27:12 PM »
:hi: Welcome To SkinCell :hi:

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
« Reply #13 on: Monday November 06, 2006, 02:07:58 AM »
Welcome to all skin folk!

PPP sufferers, please, please join our thread under Skin Complaints and Skin Disorders.......(then go to PPP or Pustular Psoriasis, A Chronicle.  Just jump right in wherever.  We are a great bunch of mainly ladies, some young (too young for this rubbish); and some older.  That said we are an understanding bunch with much information available. You will be made very welcome, and it also keep all of our PPP stuff in one thread, which is very handy!

Jane

It's a good day when you laugh!