Author Topic: Palm of hands & feet"puss filled pimples" ***PICTURE INCLUDED***  (Read 32749 times)

panda

Palm of hands & feet"puss filled pimples" ***PICTURE INCLUDED***
« on: Thursday April 03, 2003, 06:39:52 PM »
 :hi: my name is Suzanne
I would like to know if any of you would know what this condition might be? Its in the palm of my hands and sometimes soles of my feet.It starts like something that looks like a pimple only its filled with puss one pops up then lots, you can see dozens of "tiny clear puss like pimples"in the background those also usually pops out later. It doesn't hurt or itch at first but when they all come out it itches a little but not much. Eventually they burst and heal, but then sometimes days,weeks or months later they appear again,very annoying. I took a picture of this which should be attached to this message , its located on the bottom left of this message you can see a paper clip and it says "hand rash" Take a L00k" Please let me know if this is familiar to any of yous.Thanks in advance !!!
Sincerely,Suzanne  

[attachment purged by admin]
« Last Edit: Sunday April 06, 2003, 11:41:28 PM by panda »

Offline Nick

• SkinCell Friend
  • SkinCell buddy
    • SkinCell
Re:Palm of hands & feet condition"puss filled pimples" ***PICTURE INCLUDED***
« Reply #1 on: Thursday April 03, 2003, 07:30:33 PM »
Hi there Suzanne ;)

Firstly, please let me welcome you officially to the forum :hi: It's great to hear from you.

And talk about impressed :o
On your first post with forum profile details included and even a great picture of the problem as an attachment :o :o

:up: Well done Suzanne, It took me months to work all of that lot out ;D

On to your problem.
This is one that is very familiar to us here at SkinCell.
Let me put your mind at rest, you certainly are NOT alone with this.
I and many others here have the same problem and a quite familiar with treatments etc.

The problem looks very much like Pustular Psoriasis, or as we call it around these parts PP. The posh name is Palmoplantar Pustulosis.

It often hits the hands and feet of sufferers and ranges from mild with very small pustules, intermediate where they are sporadic but in greater numbers and then there are the more severe cases where  the PP covers the whole of the hands or feet.
I reckon that we share about the same sort of coverage, only your pustules are slightly larger than mine.

So, what ever you do don't feel that you are alone with this or that there is no hope, there is plenty of both here :) :hug:

The bad news is that the disorder is chronic, which means that it is with you for klife and there is no cure. We all share that problem.

The treatments of PP are quite varied though depending on you as a person and the severity of the attacks.
They vary from using moisturisers, salicylic acid, emulsifying ointment, on prescription there are Vitamin-D derivatives like Calipotriol, Acitretin for vitamin A derivatives, Topical Steroids (although they can think your skin), Coal Tar, UV light and then other even stronger remedies like Methotrexate or Tetracycline.

The important thing is to remeber that you're not alone with this and the Derm should be able to help guide you. But feel free to chat with us at anytime and we'll all gladly share our experiences with you, the good and the bad.

Great to have you as a member ;)
« Last Edit: Thursday April 03, 2003, 07:45:58 PM by Nick »

peterb

« Reply #2 on: Thursday April 03, 2003, 09:37:45 PM »
Hi Suzanne, I know we have IM each other, but a big welcome to the Forum.  I agree with Nick on this one, I to get attacks of PP, but not very often.  There is some pictures on the Forum of me when my hands were bad, but as I said to you by IM, Tree, one of our USA members, has it bad - http://www.treespage.freeservers.com/photo.html.  But fortunetly she is on the mend.  I hope you get treatment for it soon by a Derm.

Dont forget to pop in often, we here are like an extended family, everyone is always welcome.  There are lots of boards to have a laugh or a moan etc.  Look forward to your future postings.
« Last Edit: Thursday April 03, 2003, 09:47:53 PM by peterb »

panda

« Reply #3 on: Thursday April 03, 2003, 09:48:30 PM »
Thank you so much for the compliment Nick!!!
I really can't believe that other people are having the same problem, I also want to thank you for replying so fast and such a kind reply I'm touched really.

Offline Nick

• SkinCell Friend
  • SkinCell buddy
    • SkinCell
« Reply #4 on: Thursday April 03, 2003, 10:15:17 PM »
Heyyyy not a problem Suzanne :hug:

As I said, you don't need to feel that you are alone with this. As Peter pointed out, Tree has her own terrific site showing the progress of the PP and there are others here like Val who suffer quite badly too.

Sometimes it's easy to throw too much info at a person for them to take in, so don't be worried about asking any questions. We're all here to help eash of, give some support and hopefully share a laugh or two with like-minded nutters :lol:

Offline electric_ian

• SkinCell Friend
  • Generator
  • Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday April 03, 2003, 10:42:31 PM »
Hi Panda  and welcome to the forum.. :hi: :hi:
Have you not been to see a doc or a derm??
Ian :D
There are only 3 type of people on this planet those who can count and those who can't

Offline Ami

• SkinCell Hero
  • Mother's Love
« Reply #6 on: Thursday April 03, 2003, 10:55:11 PM »
Hi Panda welcome to the form

Offline Val

• SkinCell Friend
  • Golden GasBag
  • Mmmmm ! The Weird One I am !
« Reply #7 on: Friday April 04, 2003, 02:11:53 PM »
 :hi: Suzanne,

Welcome to our forum  ;D

Your piccie is very familiar to me. I too have PP mine is also confined to my hands and soles of my feet also. A bummer isn't it.  :(
So as Nick say's, you are most definitely not alone with this, there are a few of us here with the same problem.

Have you seen a derm yet? If not I would recommend that you do so, and soon. There are a lot of treatments for you to try, it sometimes takes a while to find the one that suits us, as what works for one person doesn't always work for another. The one thing that does help everyone, is moisturiser. Try one of the non-perfumed types, I use 'diprobase' which I get from my doctor. The other thing that helps is to put moisturiser (or creams from derm/doctor) on and then put exam gloves over it. You can get these from the chemist or pharmacy. Also try the same thing with the feet, using plastic bags, even doing this for an hour or so at night does help.  ;)

Do you also get a burning sensation with it? If so, try wrapping a freezer block in a thin towel, and resting the feet on it, or holding it in your hands.

Well done in taking the photo and showing it to us,  :clap: it makes it much easier to say 'yep that looks like ¦.'.  Please do go and get a proper diagnosis though. I'm not sure where you are, so how about putting a flag up. That should be a doddle for you, as you've figured out how to put everything else up.  :D

Feel free to ask any questions or use the IM facility at any time. Don't forget to join us on the social side too. The bar/tea-room is great and so is the funny pages. Also the rant & rave area, is good to let of some steam, and we all join in with you.

I look forward to getting to know you better, so come back often.

:hug:

Putting a pic in of one of my feet as it is now.

[attachment purged by admin]
« Last Edit: Friday April 04, 2003, 02:13:29 PM by Val »

Offline Drewmyster

• Registered member
Re: Palm of hands & feet"puss filled pimples" ***PICTURE INCLUDED***
« Reply #8 on: Monday March 21, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »
IS THERE ANY KIND OF CURE FOR THIS I JUST STARTED TO GET THIS IN MY PALM AND I JUST NOTICE A FEW ON MY FEET..