Author Topic: LDN (low dose naltrexone) for psoriasis  (Read 3903 times)

Offline linni

• Registered member
LDN (low dose naltrexone) for psoriasis
« on: Wednesday March 02, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »
Have any of you considered trying LDN for psoriasis? I believe a lot of people with MS are using it to stop the progression of their disease.

According to the web site http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/ it is useful for psoriasis. They say LDN boosts the immune system which seems like something you wouldn't want to do with psoriasis but if you read on the reasoning behind this is explained.

Naltrexone is a prescription medication and the site is non-profit.  They aren't trying to sell anything. Take a look and see what you think.

Offline vera

• Registered SkinCell Member
Re: LDN (low dose naltrexone) for psoriasis
« Reply #1 on: Friday March 04, 2005, 06:40:22 PM »
Some years back, naltrexone was being promoted as a treatment for lymphoma, so I have followed it for some time, and know people who did it. A dr Bihari in NY claimed to be getting results. Well, it did not pan out. Wishful thinking.

So make sure that they offer more than wishful thinking on that website. People are amazingly gullible.

Offline linni

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday March 05, 2005, 05:18:27 PM »
Here are some people who have had success useing LDN from Remedyfind.com

For Lupus:
autospaced (1)[Bega - Australia]
 5/19/2004 2:59:33 AM   10 
 naltrexone
Fantasmagorical. I've got my life back again.

Lauren Zalewski  (4) [Asbury, NJ - United States]
 3/9/2004 9:21:17 AM   
 This is my miracle for Lupus!
I've been taking 4.5mg of LDN since May of 2003. It took about 2 weeks for it to take effect, but the results have been dramatic! My sleep is better, lesions have stopped appearing, my acne cleared up, the "fog" that I was living in lifted, achy muscles disappeared. I have had about 3 small flares since I started taking the LDN, but they only lasted a few days and were much less pronounced than they used to be. These flares, I believe, were caused by particularly stressful times.
I take the LDN at around 10pm along with 50mg of Benadryl to aid in my sleep. The two drugs are all that I take, and I feel fabulous!!! Thanks to Dr. Bihari in Manhattan for making this amazing discovery!!! 

And for Crohns Disease:
 PN  (4) [Vancouver, BC - Canada]
 11/22/2004 3:47:31 PM   
 Extraordinary Results
Crohn's for 17 years. Small bowel resection in 1991.
Diagnosed with MS in 2003 and started to try low-dose naltrexone (LDN) in June 2004. A pleasant side effect is that LDN has almost completely eliminated all symptoms of Crohns. It has helped with MS, but its effectiveness has lessened with time. For Crohn's, however, it has continued to work very nicely. No side effects noticed. I've been able to stay off steroids permanently, but still feel it is beneficial to stay on Pentasa, at least in the short term. Costing me only $7.00 per month - and it has to be compounded by the pharmacy! For more info: www.lowdosenaltrexone.com

Mr. Crohns  (3) [Houston TX - United States]
 11/8/2004 11:28:59 PM   
 LDN & Crohns
Been suffering with crohns for almost 2 years. Could not seem to get across to my doctor that I did not feel 100% and that since my initial bout with the disease I have felt run down and depressed. A good friend (who suffers from MS) told me about this LDN treatment and it's low risk. I have been on it for about 2 months and what a change! I can't believe more doctors don't prescribe this! I adjusted my dosage and found that 5.5 to 6 mg works well for me. I had to go to Mexico to get a years supply for a little over $100 but the trip has been well worth it! This is so cheap and safe I recommend it to anyone suffering with crohns to try. It can't hurt

Offline vera

• Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #3 on: Sunday March 06, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »
I always like to find out from the people themselves, if possible, what actually happened. There are too many either made-up stories, or hopeful reports that do not hold over time. But on the other hand, naltrexone is a pretty harmless drug, as I remember, so maybe no harm trying. Please keep us posted how it goes for you, if you do.

Offline linni

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday March 22, 2005, 04:31:54 AM »
Here is a link to another forum with someone who is trying LDN for psoriasis:
http://ldn.proboards3.com/index.cgi?board=forum&action=display&num=1108950057 :D