Author Topic: To people who suffer from p....  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Baby New Year

• Registered member
To people who suffer from p....
« on: Monday November 29, 2004, 03:51:52 AM »
For the past 10 yrs. I have been getting these ulcers on my tongue. They feel like canker sores. Dr's didn't know why I was getting them. My current Dr. thought Lupus but my blood came back normal. She says now that its "just stress". I know that geographic tongue is common among people with p. I guess that I'm just wondering if any one else w/p suffers from tongue ulcers and if so, how do you get them to feel better? I have been getting them one right on top of the other lately. Maybe something else is going on?  :(

cschewe
I wish that EVERYONE could be as happy as I am!

Offline MarieC

• SkinCell Grand
  • Fa Shizzle
Re: To people who suffer from p....
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday November 30, 2004, 01:50:06 AM »
i used to get canker sores frequently, and i found out candida can cause them. now i dont get them at all...

Offline Baby New Year

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday November 30, 2004, 02:05:24 AM »
well, their not canker sores. Doc. did test for yeast and test came back neg. They are more like ulcers. I guess after 10 years i'll never get rid of them. I just wondered if anyone knew how to make them feel better. Than tou for the response though snow woman!  :)

Offline joan_of_arc

• joan_of_arc
    • http://www.myspace.com/joan_of_arc
« Reply #3 on: Friday December 10, 2004, 02:06:18 PM »
Geographic tongue is common among people with p?  I have never heard of this.  Something else to look forward to?

Since i have never heard of this problem, i just had to look it up.  Here's what i found:

Geographic tongue is a relatively common tongue problem that normally responds to topical steroids.  We do not know the cause of geographic tongue and treatment does not permanently cure it.  It does however, provide significant improvement of symptoms.

The safest treatment is topical Lidex gel applied about 4 times daily, just after meals and at bedtime.  Your dentist should be able to prescribe it for you.  There are stronger steroids available but they have side effects.  Some patients with your problem have Zinc deficiency and your doctor could run zinc blood levels for you.  If you are deficient,  zinc supplementation really helps.

I hope you find relief soon.  Take care.

« Last Edit: Friday December 10, 2004, 02:09:25 PM by joan_of_arc »
Keep fighting the good fight,
Joan of Arc

Offline Baby New Year

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday December 21, 2004, 04:01:20 AM »
joan of arc,

wow, it has been a while since i have been here so i didnt see your reply right away. thank you so much for the reply. that is interesting on the zinc deficiency. i guess ill have the doc. check for it. actually i was told by some one here about the geographic tongue being common in people with p. guess it makes sense now that i was diagnosed with p! thanks again!

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
  • Registered SkinCell Member
« Reply #5 on: Thursday December 30, 2004, 02:20:53 AM »
I do hope you feel better soon!
When Life gives you Lemons--Make Lemonaide!

peterb