Author Topic: boils in my armpits  (Read 3087 times)

Offline sickofskinproblems

• Registered member
  • Registered SkinCell Member
boils in my armpits
« on: Thursday May 27, 2004, 02:41:54 AM »
Man I just have lots of skin problems.  this is my second post today.  I have this problem where I get boils in my armpit if I wear anti-persprint(spelling?)  I have to use strictly deoderant and I doenst work that good.  Does anybody have any suggestions on a better deoderant that will work(so I dont stink).  Or ways of avoiding the boils and still be able to where anti-persprint.  I did read on another post to try and avoid greasy foods.  I do not eat very much greasy food, I have a pretty good diet.  

Offline turquoise skies

• hey welcome chucky, my new cat and my only friend...heehee
Re:boils in my armpits
« Reply #1 on: Saturday May 29, 2004, 07:29:21 PM »
It sounds like (not sure) it may be your glands are infected.
I know someone with that problem and it might be your deordorant may be too strong. You should go to the doctor, they will give you antibiotics to stop the infection in your glands, caused by the irritation from your deordorant. :)
To some people the sky is blue, to me its turquoise!

to be alive and have to experience feeling pain and suffering, or to be dead and not have the ability to feel at all????which is better????this makes me sad

Offline Fluffy

• SkinCell God
  • of Pukka
« Reply #2 on: Sunday May 30, 2004, 10:11:46 AM »
 :hi:

I have HS Hidradenitis Surrprativia ( ? )  i get cysts/boils in my armpits and in other places too.  I cant wear deodrant and havent done for years now it makes the hs worse have a look on the links and info about hs on here and see if any of it matches what you are going through.  There are a few of us with hs on here so we are/ will be here for you if you need advice or just to rant

Lisa xxx

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
« Reply #3 on: Sunday May 30, 2004, 03:09:18 PM »
Hi sickofskinproblems, I have HS and get those awfull cysts. Thankfully I have not had to get rid of my favorite deodorant  :) I use Mitchum and it works very well, it has never bothered my HS (hvns knocking on wood). The adverstisement is true-"so effective you could skip a day".
I also drink tons of water, I read somewhere (sorry can't remember where) if you drink enough water you don't even need deodorant. However I can't drink water like that!
It really comes down, to just finding something that will work for you  :)

Hvns
When Life gives you Lemons--Make Lemonaide!

Offline Val

• SkinCell Friend
  • Golden GasBag
  • Mmmmm ! The Weird One I am !
« Reply #4 on: Sunday May 30, 2004, 08:38:46 PM »

:hi: again Sickof,

Try to keep your underarms hair free, I don't suggest shaving maybe using a gentle hair removal cream or simply cutting the hairs down as close to the skin as possible with small scissors. Keeping as hair free as possible should help keep infections away and also the need to use deodorants.

May I ask have you asked your doctor or derm about this problem at all? If not then I think it may be a good idea as they should be able to recommend something to help. :hug:

:hugs:

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday May 30, 2004, 08:59:34 PM »
Thanks for all of the support.  I went to the doc the first time I got one and she said that not to use anti-persprint and gave me anti-biotics.  so I try not to use  anti-persprint, but sometimes I am going out or whatever and I dont want to stink.  If I wash right when I get home usually I am ok.  I will try that Mitchum!!  I do shave and I have never had a problem with that, but if anybody else has any ideas I would love to hear them.  

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
« Reply #6 on: Sunday May 30, 2004, 11:48:57 PM »
sickofskinproblems be carefull of the anti's, as they can cause more cysts than anything else. There are some of here who don't take them, and some Dr.'s just don't understand it makes HS worse for most people.
Here not to long ago I had to be on anti's for a month and a half, due to dental issues. I ended up with a total of 3 new cysts  :-\
Again anti's may not bother you at all-it all goes back to finding what works best for you. I also shave and have not been bothered by it, I don't use powder anymore, but definantly shave.

Hvns

• Registered member
« Reply #7 on: Monday May 31, 2004, 02:41:28 AM »
I haven't had any problems with anti-biotics.  But, I usualy dont take them anyways.  I am on so many other meds that I try not to take any more!!

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
« Reply #8 on: Monday May 31, 2004, 07:27:53 PM »
 ;)

Celery Peach

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday June 01, 2004, 10:34:51 AM »
 :hi: I have the lumps in my pits too, I also have HS. Some docs told me not to use anti persperant, some said it made no difference. I feel that I really do need to use it as I would say I sweat perhaps slightly more than average I guess.

I also use the Mitchum that Hvns uses, and I swear by it, its fantastic stuff, I use the roll and as Hvns said, it really does what it says on the tin ! One application until your next wash and no nasty wiffs at all !! I find that anti persperants dont effect my HS at all, altho obviously I dont apply them to an open wound.

I have recently tried the Dove solid stick anti persperant without any problems too. I love the Dove range ! Also using the cleansing bar, it doesnt leave that horrible 'tightness' that soaps do.

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday June 01, 2004, 08:18:30 PM »
CP where would we be without Mitchem-I sweat more than normal also, and my oldest to.

Hvns

Offline christyslife

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Monday June 07, 2004, 08:32:51 PM »
Have you tried the clear deos?  I use Degree Clear Gel and it works even if you shower and miss a day lol (just kidding).  I have seen several people online with boils and HS saying some of the clears give them less irritation.  You may look into in anyway  :D  good luck!
Christy
You were born an original.  Don't die a copy.

• Registered member
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday June 08, 2004, 03:43:05 AM »
Well I just got the mitchum and I havent got any boils, but I have only used it for a few days.  It does work really well though, I am impressed.  It says that it has antibacterial agents in it and I'm thinking that maybe that will help kill the bacteria before it gives me a boil.  Maybe?

Offline hannah48

• Registered member
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday June 09, 2004, 09:44:25 PM »
hello..i am new today and this place doen't have a chat room..well it does but on one is in it.
I am in search for a chat room that is dealing with  people who has Lichen Sclerosus surport groups..
If you or any member can help me...please email me
« Last Edit: Thursday June 10, 2004, 05:57:50 PM by Nick »

Offline hannah48

• Registered member
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday June 09, 2004, 09:46:26 PM »
hello..i am hannah48 or conniej... i am looking in hopes of finding a chat group with people who have  Lichen Sclerosus which is also called just  LS.. please anyone can help direct me I sure would appreciate this.
Connie..
« Last Edit: Thursday June 10, 2004, 05:57:15 PM by Nick »

Offline hannah48

• Registered member
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday June 09, 2004, 09:47:11 PM »
ok help...lol

Offline GuzziHeroV50

• SkinCell Hero
  • Gas Guzzler
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday June 09, 2004, 09:50:15 PM »
Hiya, Hannah!  Im not sure what LS is, I have a totally unrelated and very mild skin condition.

Ill ask our resident moderator, Val, to help you.  In the meantime, its best to keep your email address off the board for data security reasons :)

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
« Reply #17 on: Thursday June 10, 2004, 03:21:50 AM »
Hi Christy ! Mitchem comes in clear as well (whew) which is a good thing, as the solid like you mentioned earlier causes to much of problem.

Hvns

• Registered member
« Reply #18 on: Thursday June 10, 2004, 07:43:55 PM »
yea, I am using the mitchum gel right now and have had no problems as of yet!! (knocking on wood)  It works very well too.  Thanks for the suggestion, it has helped me alot.
Christy

Offline Hvns

• SkinCell Grand
  • Lemon-Aid
« Reply #19 on: Friday June 11, 2004, 02:27:28 PM »
That is wonderfull  :)

Hvns