Author Topic: Hidradenitis Suppurativa Articles  (Read 136686 times)

Offline anniemary40

Re: Hidradenitis Suppurativa Articles
« Reply #120 on: Friday August 08, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »
Hi bunnie would like some advice if you can. Have been on augmenten for 5 days for a nasty abcess in a very personal area. They took swabs and the surgery rang me today to say the antibiotic i am on is not the right one. They have left me a script for penicillan and metrodonizole. The abcess has settled quite a bit and am a bit reluctant to take any more. Have had about 20 courses of antibiotics this year. Also a week in hospital on i.v for cellulitis. This could not be good for me. What do you think? thanks annmarie x

Offline Lana-84

• Registered member
« Reply #121 on: Friday August 08, 2008, 03:33:51 PM »
 :hugs: ANNIE, Hi again..
I know you wanted help from Bunnie..I just wanted to offer prayers
and sincere big  :hugs:
Lord's blessings,
Lana
I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY WHAT I HAVE! I HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER 30 YEARS!! I AM GLAD TO FINALLY KNOW!

LANA :)

Offline anniemary40

« Reply #122 on: Friday August 08, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
Hi lana, how's things girl. Thanks pet, just having a bad day. annmarie x

Offline Lana-84

• Registered member
« Reply #123 on: Friday August 08, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »
 :) Pretty good my friend..I had a slight embarrassing situation
with my Crohn's disease at work the other day.. :faint: but lol, I have
learned to handle it...somewhat.. :P
Keep your chin up my friend..I am sure sweet Bunny will be in
to help soon.
Blessings.
Lana  :peck:
I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY WHAT I HAVE! I HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER 30 YEARS!! I AM GLAD TO FINALLY KNOW!

LANA :)

Offline anniemary40

« Reply #124 on: Friday August 08, 2008, 07:15:06 PM »
Sometimes in an embarrassing situation laughing is the only way to handle it... good on you pet. Am grand lana, just one of them days when you get fed up and just wish things were different you know. But then you realise that your being selfish and there are so many people so much worse off. Will be fine again tomorrow. Hope all is well with you girl, thanks for being here to listen to me moan, i'm a big wuss today, i really appreciate it so much... annmarie xx

bunnie

« Reply #125 on: Friday August 08, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »
Hi Anniemary, I think you must go back to the docs about the antibiotic, because if the one you were taking was not sensitive to the sample then it will only flare again. Pick up the script, but ask if they still want you to take it. I think they very well might to be honest. Don't worry about how many courses of AB's you have had, the important thing is you have had breaks inbetween. I was on AB'S every day for many many months as indeed a lot of people on here are are or have been too.
Bunnie

Offline anniemary40

« Reply #126 on: Friday August 08, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »
Will do.   Thanks pet  annmarie xx

Offline CazAngel

• SkinCell God
  • An Enigma
    • My Facebook page.
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday December 10, 2008, 11:17:16 AM »
I noticed this bit of info, I noticed all of this info pages are slightly different. *sigh*

Will have to add a link, this goes very much over the max length.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1073117-overview
« Last Edit: Wednesday December 10, 2008, 11:18:54 AM by CazAngel »
With care,
Caz (Carolyn)
xx :hugs:

"Nonviolence is not a garment to be put on and off at will.
Its seat is in the heart, and it must be an inseparable part of our being." - Gandhi

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination." - Einstein

Offline tonyswalkabout

• Registered member
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday January 13, 2009, 04:01:56 PM »
Bit slow in adding to the comment about snooty doctors. In my experience i've found that lot of the doc's i've seen have acted that way because they have no idea about the illness!!! When first diagnosed and having loads of ops i was told by incapacity review board that HS doesn't exist!! (i think we can all testify that it does!! :)). And the first doc i was under tred a drain which meant it tracked all the way down my arm, so i think he was funny with me cos he knew he'd made it worse cos he had no knowledge of HS either.
I've now had 12 excisions and skin grafts (and various x-y plasties etc) and the 2 plastic surgeons i've been under (Mr Cooper in Morriston, Swansea & Mr Daly in Nottingham City Hosp) have been really good.
At moment just finished 3 month course of 2 antibiotics which held it at bay but its starting to come back, problem i've got is i need op on torn cartiledge in my knee and that surgeon won't do it (or even put me on waiting list) wile i'm having any other treatment.
oh and on the clothing front, when my HS was at its worst (especially in genitoanal area)i just wanted to sit it a bath all day!!! :) Not really practical for day to day living.

Tony
Tony :) xx