Author Topic: How To .... Reply to a message  (Read 5751 times)

Offline Nick

• SkinCell Friend
  • SkinCell buddy
    • SkinCell
How To .... Reply to a message
« on: Monday August 26, 2002, 09:29:01 PM »
If you want to add your comments to a thread that's already running there are 2 ways of doing this.

Firstly, Quick Reply Box.

At the bottom of each thread there is a Quick Reply box where you can simply type in your message and then click on Post and away you go. Job done.

Secondly and more complicated is to click on any of the
This will open a new page with lots of buttons and things which can be quite awe inspiring, but don't worry, all will become clear as we progress.
If we take the Add YABBC tags: one at a time.

- This lets you enter bold text. When you click on the box the forum will automatically insert the following [ b ]   [ / b ]  - You need to enter the text you want as bold BETWEEN the [ b ]and the [ / b ]

- This lets you enter Italic text. When you click on the box the forum will automatically insert the following [ i ]   [ / i ]  - You need to enter the text you want as italics BETWEEN the [ i ]and the [ / i ]

- This lets you enter underlined text. When you click on the box the forum will automatically insert the following [ u ]   [ / u ]  - You need to enter the text you want as underlined text BETWEEN the [ u ]and the [ / u ]

So you're starting to get the idea ? Text going between ] and [ will be affected.

Basically the same rules apply to everything on the YABBC tags.

The rest of the buttons work very similarly and are:

- Strikethrough - text will look like this

- Glowing text - text will look like this - On this one you can change the colour of the text by replacing "red" with any primary colour like blue, gree, yellow, cyan etc

- Shadow - [shadow=red,left,300]text will look like this[/shadow] - Again, colour can be changed as well as the shadow direction.

- Move or Marquee -
text will look like this
So if you're starting to get the feel for those little gems, then the sky's the limit.
The best thing is to play around with them and see how you get on.
If you get any problems, just give me or any of the fellow Moderators a shout and we'll do our best to help ;D
« Last Edit: Saturday September 20, 2003, 07:51:36 AM by Nick »