Author Topic: Miya-BM & Dr. Masaru Maebashi  (Read 14736 times)

Offline PaulBeck

• Registered SkinCell Member
Miya-BM & Dr. Masaru Maebashi
« on: Friday December 19, 2003, 02:51:06 PM »
Has ANYBODY ever been able to obtain 'Miya-BM', an over-the-counter probiotic manufactured and sold in Japan by Miyarisan Pharmaceuticals?

Has ANYBODY been treated in Japan by Dr. Maebashi successfully or not?

Has ANYBODY got ANY correspondence, email, faxes that they wish to share either publicly or privately.  ( Privately might be a good idea in case somebody finds the public disclosure cause for a law suit. If it is confidential, share only what you can. )

I'm actively trying to obtain a supply of the product which, for those of you unfamiliar, Dr. Maebashi claims is part of a 'cure' for PPP (palmoplantar pustulosis).  I have respectfully requested that he and one of his associates give me some idea of costs I'd face for treatment in Japan, and I have yet to get an answer to that question.

I think it's important to try and determine whether this Doctor has treated 1,500 patients successfully as his 'associate' and former patient claims.

Help me find the answer if you so desire.

Regards,
K
Of all species on Earth, only humans are arrogant enough to believe they can actually OWN something.

Offline PaulBeck

Re:Miya-BM & Dr. Masaru Maebashi
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday December 30, 2003, 02:42:32 PM »
Wow!
This has been up 10 days now, and not a single response.
That certainly raises some questions.
I'm gonna go blanket some of the other boards in which I participate and see what happens.
I'll keep you posted.

And thanks again for Spellingflame's offer to help me try to obtain the Miya-BM.
K
Of all species on Earth, only humans are arrogant enough to believe they can actually OWN something.

Offline Monika

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday December 30, 2003, 02:57:42 PM »
Paul,  I found some reports that had to do with Miya-BM used to affect bacteria growth in the intestines, to stabilize the bacterial population, prevent diarrhea, etc.... but nothing that discussed it as a use for skin disorders such as PPP.

If you have any online friends who read Japanese, maybe they can tell you what these sites say:

http://www.kms.ac.jp/~yakuzaib/okusurinogosetumei/ma-line/mi/miyaBM.html

http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~kamase/miyabm.htm

I can only read hiragana and katakana... I'm useless when the kanji are there, sorry! :(

Good luck!  :)

Offline Fishs

• Registered member
  • GasBag - P.I.
  • The Voice Of Reason ...
    • Fish's web Site
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday December 30, 2003, 07:56:22 PM »
 :hi:

Paul

My understanding is that this so called product does not meet most Countries Food suppliment regulations.

My research suggests that the Company simply will not comply either with any applications to make application compliance submissions.

They also will not respond to questioning and nor will they supply any details which would clarify or substantiate  ingredients for labeling requirements .

No Importer will touch it as any english lable requests have not been available  etc .

Even if you may locate some in japan . You may well get the product confiscated if costoms happen to pick it up in any checking ..

Fish
If it's going to be  It's up to me ..

Offline PaulBeck

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday December 30, 2003, 08:11:31 PM »
Way to go FISH!
I really appreciate your efforts, as do other PPP sufferers I'm sure.

I'll soon be posting some interesting updates on the mysterious Dr. Maebashi and Miya-BM.

Later!
K

Offline PaulBeck

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday December 30, 2003, 08:18:59 PM »
Mon!  Hi!
Appreciate your efforts.  I've brought the links you posted to Spellingflame's attention as he/she is trying to help in this search also.
Good Goin' Mon.  Collectively we may crack this mystery yet!
Later!
K

Offline SF

• SkinCell Grand
  • Femme Fatale
  • Former 008
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday December 31, 2003, 03:00:17 PM »
I checked out the links posted by Monika (my newly discovered fellow flutist AND japanese friend  ;)), and the first one only talk about it being a medication currently used mostly in hospitals. It's taken once a day after a meal, when one suffers diarrhea. The astericks at the bottom states that for more information, contact a local pharmacy.

The second one talks about in glossed over terms how Miya works. Increasing stomach working therefore the flora, and reducing bacteria...or something translated along those lines . (The last two lines in the second link talk about something totally unrelated btw).

...spellingflame is a "she"...lol... ;D
« Last Edit: Wednesday December 31, 2003, 03:18:20 PM by spellingflame »
"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease". Voltaire

Offline Monika

• Registered member
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday December 31, 2003, 03:25:48 PM »
Interesting Spelling... that's cool you can read all of that!  I'm jeaous... I don't think I'll ever be able to read the kanji (except water, tree, forest, man, woman... you know, the easy ones! :lol:)

Offline SF

• SkinCell Grand
  • Femme Fatale
  • Former 008
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday December 31, 2003, 03:31:15 PM »
 ;D I know how you feel Mon...I was forced by my mom to go to japanese school and study. I hated it then, but I'm feeling useful now!! yey!! At least you can read stuff without the kanji...that's prettey impressive anyhow.

"The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease". Voltaire

Offline Monika

• Registered member
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday December 31, 2003, 10:02:18 PM »
Yeah, and the hiragana/katakana are cool because even if I don't know what everything means, I can rest assured that I'm pronouncing it correctly!  :lol:

Offline PaulBeck

« Reply #10 on: Friday January 30, 2004, 09:35:05 PM »
Just a quick note to ressurect this thread.  I'll have an update on all the info I have obtained thus far, from peterb's input to Spellingflame's research and outside sources as well.
More later...
K
« Last Edit: Friday April 09, 2004, 02:51:13 AM by PaulBeck »

Offline sammysnow

• Registered member
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday February 04, 2004, 11:01:36 PM »
Hey guys - I'm new to this site & found you when I was searching for information on Dr Masaru Maebashi.  I read (with great interest) the webpage of Chiwako Mogamiya: Recovery from palmoplantar pustulosis.  I emailed Dr Maebashi asking if treatment was available in Sydney, Australia (where I live) or if he could treat me from Japan.  Well, I got a reply this morning.  I would like to share this information with you but am unsure how to for the exact reasons you state above.  Sammy

Gobe

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday February 04, 2004, 11:44:37 PM »
 :hi:

Welcome to Skincell Sammysnow!

:)

peterb

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday February 04, 2004, 11:58:44 PM »
Welcome Sammy

You can just add on to Paul Beck's thread.  Or if you want email it to me and I will put it in the correct board.

:)

Offline PaulBeck

« Reply #14 on: Monday February 09, 2004, 12:54:12 AM »
Hi Sammy :hi:
Welcome to SkinCell.
I sent you an IM regarding your reply to this thread.  Divulging the information for the sake of making a document public and in pursuit of truth should present no problem at all.  As I mentioned in my IM to you, I had previously discussed this with Nick, the SkinCell Admin before starting this thread at all.  So with the continued blessing of the powers to be here at SC, as long you're being civil sharing the information should be fine.  I've divulged everything I've learned about the Miya-BM so far in this thread, in the PPP Chronicle, and on other boards - just search on words like Chiwako, MIYA-BM, etc. - and you'll find everything I've written here at SC.
I'd like to believe that Dr. Maebashi's treatment is real, but so far, getting proof has been impossible.  I've never received a response from Chiwako Mogamiya to my question about providing me with a few contacts in the U.S. or any other country, that have been treated by Dr. Maebashi so I could discuss the matter with them.  I certainly understand confidentiality, but the reality of it is this.  If I'm going to have a surgical procedure, or even a massage, I'm going to ask people who's opinion I value for a recommendation.  Since there exist such things as breast cancer support groups, and... oh yeah!... skin disease support groups, it shouldn't be too hard to scare up a few more Chiwako Mogamiyas willing to go public and sing the praises of the good doctor.  Thus far, even though I've been completely polite, civil and in some correspondence downright humble, Ms. Mogamiya won't even reveal the costs of treatment and any other financial details.  And, in the final analysis... there are some contradictions in the replies to my emails and faxes.  For example, I asked, "With all due respect, you've asked me to come to Japan for treatment for ' a month or two'.  Yet you told me before the treatment takes six months.  I don't understand how I am to have a successful treatment in one or two months if it takes six.  Could you help me to understand this."
That's just one example.  In his initial reply to me Dr. Maebashi stated clearly that he could mail the Miya-BM to me, only to recant later on.  If he's treated 1500 people in several countries as he claims, he would certainly know whether or not he can ship the product into the U.S.  He (or Ms. Mogamiya) won't even tell me whether he's ever treated patients OUTSIDE of Japan, or if they all had to go there for treatment.  I'm also pretty sure - I'll have to review to be sure - that the part about corticosteroids being part of the treatment was NOT mentioned until farther along in our dialogue.  I dunno.  I keep wanting to blame some of the discrepancies on the cultural differences, thereby giving Dr. M. & Ms. M. the benefit of the doubt.  But it's kinda hard to do when you just can't get straight answers.  I inquired so long ago about this that if the cure - 3 months for hands, 7 months for feet - was actually available I'd be half way there already.  I can only believe that Lancet and Nature wouldn't publish rubbish to be peer reviewed, so there's got to be SOMETHING to what he's claimed.  We'll see.
PLEASE ...  give us a few clues as to what your experience has been Sammy!
Thanks a million!
K

Offline Tom1

• Registered member
Re: Miya-BM & Dr. Masaru Maebashi
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday December 14, 2005, 07:39:33 PM »
Just to update this thread on the status of MIYA-BM in the U.S., a company named Osel Inc. has acquired rights to sell MIYA-BM in North America and Europe. MIYA-BM is currently (December 2005) in Phase2/3 trials in the U.S. as the product name CDACTIN-O in an attempt to receive FDA approval. I suspect this means it is planned to be sold as a prescription drug. I don't see any mention of its applicability to PPP by Osel, so this probiotic may turn out to be of no use for PPP if the entire Maebashi theory is invalid. Seeing how no one has come forward with a successful treatment by Maebashi in the past couple years, I am losing faith in his protocol.

Thank you PaulBeck for your detailed and exhaustive diaries related to PPP remedies.

Offline PaulBeck

« Reply #16 on: Thursday November 16, 2006, 05:44:35 AM »
Update... To anybody recently viewing this thread...  I DID finally get an estimate of the cost of Dr. Maebashi's treatment and it's between $12,000 and $20,000 dollars U.S.
The details are published in the PPP 'Chronicle' thread.
Later!
K

Offline Towhomitmayconcern

• Registered member
« Reply #17 on: Monday June 01, 2015, 05:04:07 PM »
Hello,

This would be my first post to this forum, or any forum for that matter! I have been searching, to no avail, for help with my PPP. I have read the articles posted by Chiwako Mogamiya and saw that you, Paul Beck, were on the case. I know that the last message was written in 2003 and this message may be futile but I needed to try. Have you found anything regarding the Miya-BM? I have just bought some Biotin pills and will be seeing what effect they have. From past experiences I know not to get my hopes up. Any reply would be great, even if it were to direct me to a more recent post as I am new to these forums.

Thanks