Author Topic: Miscellany  (Read 4542 times)

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
Re: Miscellany
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 05:32:02 AM »
The dew was all but gone.  From far. the church lawn looked like a smooth green blanket.  I waded in it, wanted to get down close.  I was glad I had put on my hand-me-down dungarees, rolled at the bottom like a cowboy, only I didn't have boots.  Just scuffed shoes with laces that didn't always want to be tied.  Big Brother laughs at me when I try.   "Watch me tie mine," he would always say.  Then he would go like a wirlwind, so fast I couldn't tell how to do it.  I'll just watch everyone else when they're doing it, without their even seeing me watch.  I'm good at that.  That's what I'll do.

I made a really squiggly path all over that big lawn.  Then I remembered, I had Mom's scissors!  I got down real close to the jungle.  All kinds and shapes of plants, not to mention crawly bugs.  Some of these grass plants just had to be good to eat!  I would be a Snipnibbler.  Snip.  Nibble.  Snip.  Nibble.  Snip.  Nibble.  Snip.  Ew.  Teensy points on that  leaf with milk coming out of the stem.  Didn't taste like milk to me!  Spit.  Spit.  Spit.

Soon I discovered a plant with three little round leaves on the stem and a little white bushy blossom atop the stem.  Together, they tasted quite nice.  I was stuffing them in my mouth as fast as I could.  I had discovered a vegtable I liked!  Only the mouthful wouldn't get chewed.  So I just kept on chewing.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis