Author Topic: Miscellany  (Read 3315 times)

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
Re: Miscellany
« Reply #20 on: Sunday July 26, 2020, 08:05:44 AM »
It turns out that my wife was felled by a vehicle backing out of the General Store hitting the shopping cart she was preparing to unload.  The back of her head struck the asphalt.  The vehicle and its' occupant(s) left the scene without rendering aid at all to the now unconscious and bleeding victim.  The Marshall who had found me was the same officer who came out to my place.  The license plate numbers were in the report.

Since her vehicle was not struck, it remains to be seen how my insurance provider will assist in the hit- and-run with serious injury.  It also remains to be seen how the investigation will progress.  These are trying, dystopian times.  All our institutions are strained beyond their limits.  We will adjust and adapt.  Do the best we can.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #21 on: Sunday July 26, 2020, 12:15:20 PM »
Oh hell!  Anthro, I'm so sorry to read this and hope your wife recovers quickly and fully.  My younger child has also just sustained a head injury, and I know how frightening it can be.  Wishing her healing.

totalfolly
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline Gobe

• Registered member
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday July 28, 2020, 08:28:53 PM »
So sorry to hear his Anthro. What a horrible thing to happen. I hope your beloved makes a full recovery.  Best wishes to you both. x
Love inhabits the heart forever.

Offline Gobe

• Registered member
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday July 28, 2020, 08:44:41 PM »
Totalfolly - sorry to hear this. I hope your child makes a full recovery. Take care.
Love inhabits the heart forever.

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday July 29, 2020, 03:18:29 AM »
Oh, Totalfolly!  How old is your child? Was there loss of consciousness?  Do the doctors say syncope across the pond?  Have they given a prognosis and so on?  In other words, dear, uncomplicated recovery?  Private message me if there is anything I can do.  As for my Honey, it has been touch and go for the past week.  I have been too busy to compare notes with the Marshall's investigator.  The same one who came out to find me.  On that evening, a week ago, the only evidence was a license number.  Nothing else.  Of course, they have resources like drones and surveillance cameras, which I do not.  So, when I do get time to compare notes, will they still have only a license number, or will they have a dossier similar to the one I have gathered.  These guys are not stupid.  Let see how diligently their case has come together.  These are unusually trying times for them as well.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday July 29, 2020, 01:19:16 PM »
Anthro, Erin is 39, adult of course, but I still think "child".  (Erin has also recently come out as transgender, so I will be using he/him.)  He is slowly recovering, thankfully--he still suffers some scrambling of circuits and has some trouble following rapid conversation.  But he is *definitely* improving, so we're just very grateful for that.  I hope the same for your wife.  Please keep us updated.

Do the doctors say syncope across the pond?

I don't know how you got the impression that I'm somewhere in Europe.  I'm on your side of the pond.   ;D  Happily living in Maine.

totalfolly
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday July 29, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »
Totalfolly - sorry to hear this. I hope your child makes a full recovery. Take care.

Thank you.

totalfolly
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday July 29, 2020, 09:49:54 PM »
Dear (Totalfolly), this is a perfect example of persistence of long entrenched error on my part.  In a puppy-like way (me, not you) I fixated on you as one of my British friends.  I, even now, imagine you with a British accent of a Downton Abby sort, quite upper-crust. As it happens, this is not the only troubling illusion which may afflict and soothe me, both at the same time.  Crisis does, quite often, scramble the mind a bit, even in the best of times.  At the moment though, we have some pretty Dystopian challenges, what with resident rump and his circus of Publican demons and assorted anarchic, fascistic dictators and other facilitators, stirring the pot, so to speak.

The son who sired my two autistic grandsons, has concluded that he/she has always had to cope with said misalignment of gender, and has taken many measures, short of surgery, to rectify the matter.  She is she to me now, no chopping required.  Most of the time, I happily call her by her new name.  Look at how much we have in common, my dear.  Anthro

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #28 on: Friday July 31, 2020, 09:56:50 PM »
Nine days since the incident.  My Honey is still very weak, marginally less confused, and showing ambiguous, subtle signs of improvement, but nothing that portends a rapid return to work within the first or second week of August.  Even so, I have become cautiously optimistic. I had better post this now.  My computer is being fornicated by the hurricane season, which has caused me many forfeited chess matches, which would likely have been in my win column.  No matter.  Life is good, and seriously beats the alternative.  Anthropositor

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #29 on: Saturday August 01, 2020, 12:42:56 PM »
I fixated on you as one of my British friends.  I, even now, imagine you with a British accent of a Downton Abby sort, quite upper-crust.

Ah, Anthro, if it helps at all, I'm doing my best to cultivate a Mainer accent (that'd be "Maine-ah" in Maine-speak).  There are similarities, as well as glaring differences.   ;D

The son who sired my two autistic grandsons, has concluded that he/she has always had to cope with said misalignment of gender, and has taken many measures, short of surgery, to rectify the matter.  She is she to me now, no chopping required.  Most of the time, I happily call her by her new name.  Look at how much we have in common, my dear.  Anthro

I sometimes wonder if there's anything in this life you haven't experienced!  While not something I'd wish on my friends, I'm glad to find there's someone I know who has also had this experience.

Thank you for the latest update on your wife.  I continue to keep her and you in my thoughts.

totalfolly
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #30 on: Monday August 03, 2020, 05:58:29 AM »
I do feel variously like Zelig, Forrest Gump, King Rat, and Diogenes, looking with a lantern for an honest man.  "He who lives more lives than one, more deaths than one must die!"  But not this day.  Maybe even not this decade.

My Honey is, at last, showing signs of more tangible recovery on several more tangible parameters than were apparent for most of this intervening time.  Hope is a hardy weed, and it is sprouting pretty well.  I'm prognosticating she'll be right as rain in two weeks to two months, give or take.  Would I bet on it?  I am betting on it.  Anthropositor

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday August 04, 2020, 04:58:18 PM »
My Honey is, at last, showing signs of more tangible recovery on several more tangible parameters than were apparent for most of this intervening time.  Hope is a hardy weed, and it is sprouting pretty well.  I'm prognosticating she'll be right as rain in two weeks to two months, give or take.  Would I bet on it?  I am betting on it.  Anthropositor

I'm SO glad!

totalfolly
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday August 12, 2020, 08:09:10 PM »
My Honey is still showing subtle signs of improvement, including one, which could be held to be climactic.  Encouraging, to say the least.  Anthropositor.