Author Topic: Accidentally going to a secret spot where I can't post.  (Read 282 times)

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
  • The best medicine is caring and affection.
    • Eureka Ideas Unlimited, Anthropositor's Posts,   To Obama
Accidentally going to a secret spot where I can't post.
« on: Tuesday September 24, 2019, 06:15:16 AM »
My Goodness!  I continue to have cause for celebration.  Yet another person for whom I held and continue to hold deep affection has returned to what I was beginning to feel was a ghost town.  It couldn't be better!  Well, maybe it could.  Another of the most notables was Bamawang.  Although I only saw her avatar, I always saw her as an incredibly vulnerable and most poignantly human person, with a natural honesty that sometimes made me fearful and protective toward her. 

The other night, I wanted to PM totalfolly my current Email which is for any of my old friends and new ones too.  But totalfolly's mailbox is full. I expect that there is still an automated filter in the system that will prevent it here.  But anyone with a natural child still alive within them, use imaginary decoder ring and decipher this secret message: b e n s o n . h c _at_ g m a i l . c o m     .  Peace, love and hope to you all.  (This is for you too M@t.  Don't bite me.  You know I am a friend.)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Pray to the Gods, for the Gods are not unless you pray to them.--Don Marquis

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
Re: Accidentally going to a secret spot where I can't post.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday September 24, 2019, 08:05:21 AM »
...and Wooley!  You had showed up in the verboten territory!  How good to see you!
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese Proverb.

"What all men speak well of, look critically into; what all men condemn examine first before you decide"-- Confucius

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday September 24, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »
My mailbox is full?  Is that my SkinCell PM box or my real email?  :)

Edited to add: I'll drop Bama a note.  She's mentioned how much she misses you.
« Last Edit: Tuesday September 24, 2019, 02:44:59 PM by totalfolly »
"If you hear a voice within you say 'You cannot paint'
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday September 24, 2019, 05:26:12 PM »
Welcome back Mr Positor!

I don't think there's a magic email address filter. I don't remember setting one up.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline Wooley

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday September 24, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »
...and Wooley!  You had showed up in the verboten territory!  How good to see you!

Oh, anthro!! I looked at your profile last time I logged in and Im not sure youd visited for a while. Its SO good to see you!!!

:)

Wooley

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 03:11:37 AM »
Anthro!!!!!!!!

I was just thinking about you today!!! How are you? I've missed you so much. Are you still eating rabbits and smoo?

**edited to add**

I tried to send you an email; I'm not 100% certain it worked.
« Last Edit: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 03:51:54 AM by Bamawing »
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 07:31:50 AM »
I am suddenly overcome by some sort of unfamiliar moderate elevation in temperature, coupled with my skin developing the uniform texture of a babies swaddling blanket, from head to toe.  I somehow know I've had it before, but I have no idea when or where... there are no words... what are ... .. .   .

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 01:02:58 PM »
I tried to send you an email; I'm not 100% certain it worked.

I also tried to send an email and am not certain it landed.  It didn't bounce back, so that's heartening.
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 01:06:00 PM »
I don't think there's a magic email address filter. I don't remember setting one up.

There isn't a filter, but we used to remove email addresses manually.
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »
Anthro! I was thinking about you *just* this morning as I reached for the coconut oil to swab my nostrils!!  ;D
By happenstance I saw TF's message to Bama on FB that you had posted... I felt like my psychic senses were tingling!

Hope you have been well!

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 10:23:31 PM »
My name is Ichabod.  Some of you may have heard of me.  I was summoned by Mrs. Anthropositor, with considerable urgency.  When I got to their jungle dwelling, I found him unconscious.  There were no visible wounds, no b...  So without moving him, or disturbing him in any way.  His pulse, observed in his neck below the ear, was strong and steady.  He had rapid eye movements behind his lids, was curled up on a big cushion, hugging a baby blanket.  It would appear that he is just asleep.  I would never think of waking Mr. Anthropositor out of a dead sleep, because of what might happen before he opened his eyes.  I have an aversion to ...  Well, anyway, I have seen Mr. Anthropositor asleep before, under ... difficult circumstances.  His normal sleep stance in...  adverse situations is on his back, knees up, right forearm, covering his eyes, left arm hooked over the right wrist, left hand wrapped around the back of his head.  The vitals are all somewhat covered.

Aside from a black machete, and three household items which could be instantly lethal within reach, everything was pretty usual.  Odd though, I cannot remember Mr. Anthropositor sleeping this soundly, ever, nor ever having his thumb in his mouth.  We silently tiptoed into the next room.

"What was he doing?  Do you know.?"

"I'm pretty sure he was on the computer.  He plays chess with hundreds of his friends in dozens of countries."

"That mess of spare parts?"

"I'll just glance at the history.  Must have gotten a shock or two.  Just let him wake up on his own.  He'll be fine."

ICHABOD OUT.   

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday September 25, 2019, 10:55:34 PM »
Ichabod again,
I just checked Mr. Anthropositor's Email.  NO Incomings.  OOOooo.  Give me a moment.  That was the wrong way to say it.  No strange Emails that could possibly have come from any of you folks.  Come on folks!  He is interested in space.  Like colonizing outer space?  Hint, hint.  Just take out all the space, and you have it.  Got a child in the house?  They will help you.  Have a can of powdered imagination in your spice rack?  Snort a pinch (with a supervising adult present).  Somebody send Mr. Anthropositor a get well wish! 

ICHABOD OUT.

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #12 on: Thursday September 26, 2019, 03:00:02 AM »
Ichabod again,
I just checked Mr. Anthropositor's Email.  NO Incomings.  OOOooo.  Give me a moment.  That was the wrong way to say it.  No strange Emails that could possibly have come from any of you folks.  Come on folks!

I have the first part of your email, before the _at_ symbol as benson.hc  Is that correct?  If so, you should have received an email from me.  Maybe it landed in your junk folder?

I've cleaned up my SC mailbox, removed about 6 pages of incoming messages that really weren't terribly important, in case you want to try sending via PM.
 -- Vincent vanGogh

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Thursday September 26, 2019, 03:04:17 AM »
Hi, Ichabod!

I do remember you. I did take out all the spaces, and I'm wondering if my decoder ring is simply malfunctioning. My email says it's "sending" and appears to get stuck on this for some time, which is unusual.

If you could pass along a message to Anthro for me, perhaps on the monogrammed stationary I'm sure he has on an antique writing desk? Let him know that my email address is at hedgie.com, and the first part is simply my username here, no capitals.

Thanks for taking care of Anthro for us!!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline anthropositor

• SkinCell Grand
  • Iconoclast of Ideas
« Reply #14 on: Friday September 27, 2019, 08:08:36 AM »
Ichabod here, with a sort of an update:  still no good wishers have gotten through to his gmail here.  I am no longer certain of anything, but that is a sign of the times in this era isn't it?  Peculiar, because all the bills and other business mail are arriving, as far as I can tell.  I can tell you this; the mess of trash that he calls his desk computer, I don't really know why it works at all, or how he ever got it to run in the first place.  And I'm to going to mess with it, because I have learned some new stuff from talking to Mrs. Anthropositor. 

Maybe a month or so ago, he was driving an old hulk of a GMC and the transmission got strangely erratic.  She thinks the jalopy was from the late '90's.  He pulled off the highway, into the gravel yard of a storage rental yard.  There was blistering heat that day.  He looked under to see a football sized fire at the transmission seal.  He was between towns.  Knowing his half tank of gas was going to go off if he didn't do something, he thoughtlessly scrambled under in the hot gravel, scooping up fistfulls which he threw on the fire.  He actually put it out.

She says he told her he had stopped sweating in spite of 100+ degree temperature.  He was rapidly going down the tubes.  He knew it, but his brain was shutting down.  He made it to a yard with a hose and a bit of shade.  He laid down with that hose flooding him.  Some time later he got his wits back.  Some of them anyway.  He hitched a ride to his mechanic, a Guatemalan refugee, intending to give him the truck for parts.  But the mechanic had no tow truck and was having troubles of his own.  The truck got rustled, (absolutely legally) a tow truck who hid it and accumulated storage charges, only notifying a police department, but not sending a notice for over a month  That made it legal!  This is the deep Ozark south in America!  The same sort of thing happens a lot to a lot of people.

Mr. Anthropositor knew his bodies heat control would not be working right for maybe a few weeks.  His hermano from Guatemala sold him another truck on the cuff, so he could get home and get right again.  My guess is he didn't get all the way right.  And that is part of his present predicament.  His body thermostat is still effed up.  To make things worse, his three little window sill air conditioners had all given up the ghost, and the only way he could get cool was with frozen water-filled plastic pop bottles, from his refrigerator freezer.  But for him and Mrs. Anthropositor, that was almost enough.  They really don't know how tough they are.

I had company and ops training.  Mr. Anthropositor had real life training that began in childhood, and never stopped.  But there are times we all need help!  None of us are perfect.  Face it.  We have got to stand up to the evil ones!  But yet, remain human, humane, merciful and empathetic.  Mr. Anthropositor says that.  His deepest regrets are when he was too rough, too tough, too brutal.  These are the extremities that make us monsters.  Mr Anthropositor taught me that, while we were over-indulging in a jug of one of his strong ferments.  Even when he is in his cups, he is trying do better.  To be better.

Frankly, I have gotten into one of his jugs since I have been here.  I had to.  He has so much red around!  I can't stand it!  He has thousands of books.  Hundreds have red covers.  He also has many dozens of frogs!  When I get past the oddity of this, I like it!  They are bright green, dark green, brown, camo skinned, and some even have orange and yellow or blue on the legs, and maybe cream colored undersides.  Bet you think I mean in aquariums?  No.  They go anywhere they want.  And there is always a frog or two in the sinks!  Who ever heard of that?  But I like them more, the longer I am here.  And I'm glad none of them are red.

All of Mrs. Anthropositer's cats have to stay outside, because, just playing around, they are rough on frogs.  They don't mean to be.  They are just being cats.  I gotta stop drinking.  Loose lips sink ships.  Mr. Anthropositor often says that.  He also says there is no thought without a felt need.  I have a need!  I need to take a nap.  I wonder what would happen if I just decoded his address?  Gonna sleep a bit.  ,loose lips sink sh..      benson.hc@gmail.com     wonder why it doesn't work...    maybe Goooogle sabotage    now there's a cookies monster...    mother-facebook   

ichabod out

Offline totalfolly

• Retired Moderator
  • Crazy Cat Hero
  • I yam what I yam
« Reply #15 on: Friday September 27, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »
Yikes on the medical malfunction!  Geez!  Anthro, I'm glad you're doing better, but what a scary episode.

I've tried again to send an email.  I'll PM you my email address in case you want to try to make contact from your end.

-- Vincent vanGogh

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Friday September 27, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »
Thanks for taking care of Anthro, Ichabod! I sent him a 3rd email. Hopefully one of them will stick!

And I'm sure you know this, but hydration is crucial after an episode like that. That and taking it easy for a few days.