Author Topic: Hello, I'm new here <Grover's Disease>  (Read 273 times)

Offline Idaho

• Registered member
Hello, I'm new here <Grover's Disease>
« on: Saturday December 08, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »
Hello,

I'm a 50 year old woman and I live in Idaho.  I developed the symptoms of Grovers, mid-summer, around July of this year.  I went to my local urgent care, thinking I was having some type of allergic reaction or maybe swimmer's itch.  The doc was a bit unsure of what it was but we tried steroid treatment and she said we may need to seek the guidance of a dermatologist.  I didn't follow the medication instructions properly, my bad, and I went back and said I screwed up on taking the medicine, so we doubled down on the medications for another trial at bit stronger dose.  The urgent care doc remained puzzled as we tried to come to a conclusion of what I was dealing with.  Alas, it didn't really improve much and I was about to go on a week long vacation with old friends first week of Septemeber and I was losing my mind because I was so dang itchy all the time, I scheduled with a dermatologist.  She thankfully got me in the same day.  She is amazing, she asked me questions and looked at my torso and said: "I think you have Grover's Disease".  She took a biopsy and sure enough, that's what I have.  I've been blessed in my 50 years, and have never been diagnosed with a 'disease'.  What a shock!  I joked to my friends and family, that I am slowly going to morph into a blue, fuzzy muppet.  But kidding aside, the initial treatment the dermatologist gave some relief and improvement, but not cure.  Now at the beginning of December and I'm still dealing with the sores and the crazy itching!!!  After doing some reading here, I'm going to give cilantro a try and see where it takes me.  Thank you for taking the time to read my story.  There's something comforting in sharing one's experience. 

Offline enomisk

• Registered member
Re: Hello, I'm new here <Grover's Disease>
« Reply #1 on: Monday January 07, 2019, 06:51:49 PM »
New to Grover's myself and wondering how you're doing?  Did Cilantro help?  Are you finding any relief?  I am having a really hard time with my itching/burning, sleepless nights and the thought of having this for months or years is making me so depressed!  I try to stay strong for my family but I literally cry in the shower thinking about how awful this and how will I be able to endure for a long period of time.  Mine seems to be worse than others.