Author Topic: 56-year-old male with Grover's disease  (Read 331 times)

Offline David J

• Registered member
56-year-old male with Grover's disease
« on: Tuesday September 12, 2017, 05:33:11 AM »
Hi forum members.

Iím a 56-year-old male from Australia. Two months ago I experienced the sudden onset of a rash which was biopsied and diagnosed as Groverís disease. I also have eczema, psoriasis, folliculitis and seborrheic dermatitis. Over the last week or so Iíve been getting hives as well.

Unfortunately the Groverís has been progressively worsening since its onset and this seems to be accelerating with the warming spring weather.

I donít drink or smoke and have a healthy diet. Avoidance of heat and sweating is limiting my former exercise routine. Iím currently trying a gluten-free diet and have been taking fish oil and curcumin supplements since before the diagnosis. Topical steroids and clindamycin havenít provided any relief.

Sleep deprivation and distress over this condition are making it difficult to stay focussed and meet my professional commitments.

Iím hoping to be one of the fortunate people who find the condition self-limiting but know I canít count on this. Otherwise hopefully over time Iíll learn to manage it well enough to get some of my life back.

Itís a shame the Groverís thread on this site isnít as active as it was but itís a great resource anyway.
« Last Edit: Tuesday September 12, 2017, 06:30:45 AM by David J »

Offline cathie

• Registered member
Re: 56-year-old male with Grover's disease
« Reply #1 on: Saturday September 23, 2017, 08:07:12 AM »
I'm 64 year old female in Sydney just diagnosed also with Grovers. I also have actinic porokeratosis and immunodeficiency for which I have monthly gamma globulin infusions.  The itch is worse at night, when I wake or during the day I swim in the cold salt water at the beach and that helps. trouble sleeping definitely.  Difflam gel helped a bit.