Author Topic: Polymorphic Light Eruption  (Read 802 times)

Offline cbpi

• Registered member
Polymorphic Light Eruption
« on: Saturday July 08, 2017, 05:29:56 AM »
Hi from Canada,

Here is my story:

When I was 24, I was studying in Spain. I broke out in small bumps all over my legs and arms after spending the day outside.  Upon returning to Canada for Christmas, the bumps disappeared. When I went back to Spain the bumps came back for awhile and then eventually went away.  I started to have outbreaks every Spring once back in Canada, as well as, every time I went on vacation to a hot climate. The bumps were extremely itchy and I would scratch them until I bled. Each time I would have an outbreak, I would go to the doctor. I was diagnosed or presumed to have each time, with something different (eczema, contact dermatitis, herpes, lupus, allergies).  Everything proved negative. I had patch tests, biopsies, and allergy tests.  I was given prescription anti-histamines, steroid creams, and anti-viral medications.  Nothing worked. I did get temporary relief from a cream a Chinese Medicine Practitioner gave me. It is called 666 cream (yes, this is real) It relieves itch better than anything else I have used.

I suppose I wasn't diagnosed with PMLE because once my rash starts, it can last for months instead of days or weeks. My doctor eventually gave me Prednisone as each time I got the rash, it got worse.  A larger portion of body was covered and it became redder. At first the Prednisone worked.  However, last year it stopped working and I was then prescribed Zaditen. Yesterday, I broke out on my arms after gardening in the sun. So, I researched natural remedies. Today, I bought herbal supplements such as beta-carotene, anathaxin, and  a "fern" extract by Heliocare.  I also bought a sunscreen made by them with the "fern" supplement. I am hoping that these will work.  As well, I read that I shouldn't eat lime or wild parsnips??? I also read that when women reach menopause that this reaction to the sun stops. Let me know men if you have found this to be true!

Has anyone else had the rash for an extended period of time? Has anyone been relieved of this condition once reaching menopause?
[/font][/font]
Thanks.

Offline FaheyLynn

• Registered member
Re: Polymorphic Light Eruption
« Reply #1 on: Friday September 08, 2017, 06:43:36 AM »
After you use it. Now how is it gone?