Author Topic: Linear IGA  (Read 2971 times)

Offline allyjam

• Registered member
Linear IGA
« on: Thursday September 11, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »
My 7 year old daughter has been diagnosed with linear IGA one year ago.  She has suffered for two years now because the first year she was misdiagnosed four times.  Now that we know her condition she has been treated with Prednisone for a year which helped but the blisters kept reappearing as she tapered down. She eventually came off of the pred beginning of this year and is now on dapsone (25mg/day).  She has been blister free for two or three months now.  I would like to know how long she has to remain on the dapsone but the dermatologists cannot determine.  She has to take bloodwork every week.  Hopefully by Christmas this condition would be gone!

Offline amdismal

• Adam
Re: Linear IGA
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday January 31, 2018, 09:01:58 AM »
Hi, I don't monitor this forum much (and there are not many of us with linear IGA!), so sorry about the delay.

Linear IGA for children usually disappears spontaneously; three years might be a reasonable time scale expectation but it will vary enormously. I imagine that your doctors are being cautious and don't want to get your hopes up that remission may just be a few months away. Dapsone (or other treatment) will be necessary until this happens, but it may be possible to reduce the dose if there are no blisters for a few months.

There is a closed facebook group with a few parents of kids with linear IGA: https://www.facebook.com/groups/122864261057624/