Author Topic: Verification hoops  (Read 963 times)

Offline DLoffive

• Registered member
Verification hoops
« on: Wednesday June 29, 2016, 12:38:40 AM »
Every time I go to post or sign in I get these questions, I am from Canada but I still thought I knew who the reigning monarch of England was and for some reason I can't get the answer! So I have to make a mistake like 15 times and jump through hoops before I can get a different question. Please make it so that we can either choose a different question or give me the answer so that I can enter it!!!
Also, I have to reset the pisture for the number code many times because it is way too hard to see, is there any other format this is better out there?

Thanks, froma little frustrated newbie :)

And to post this it is asking me the SAME question again before I can send it!!!!!

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
Re: Verification hoops
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday June 29, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »
Hi there!

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately the spammers like our site and seem to like posting adverts for sunglasses and male enhancement supplements 😂

You'll be asked the questions and a captcha verification for your first five posts, and any PM's you send until you get to 5 posts.

I know it's annoying, but there are only two alternatives; let everyone including the spammers in, or vet every single application. Both involve a lot of work, and since I fund the site from my own pocket, I have to work a day job, so I don't have the time.

I've tweaked the settings slightly, and I'll be keeping an eye on the logs and boards to see what's going on.

Thanks,

M@t.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!