Author Topic: Hi New Here, 50+ female with (Grover's Disease)  (Read 1777 times)

Offline dcolton

• Registered member
Hi New Here, 50+ female with (Grover's Disease)
« on: Wednesday March 23, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
I was diagnosed with Grover's in January 2016 after having a biopsy, but have been suffering since November 2015.  I have tried everything from steroids (no help) to an anti-inflammatory strict diet, removing gluten, dairy, nightshades you name it ( no help).  What has really helped me a lot is sunshine and moist air from the beach.  It seemed to make my skin dry up and feel great.  Sadly, back home in the Northeast and I am starting to feel like a "pin cushion" again.  I have found that if I use coconut oil (pressed) right after a shower, then almond oil, it keeps my skin moist.  Then I slather up with medicated Gold Bond cream (the one with menthol in it), that it temporarily controls the itch.  I have also increased my Omega 3, Qucertin, Vitamin D and Magnesium.  I feel that this darn disease has controlled my life too much lately, I need to keep a positive attitude, but as you all know it sure can be hard.  I have notice in the Grover's posts that they started early 2000, but not much postings...does this mean, people got better I hope, or do you think gave up?

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
Re: Hi New Here, 50+ female with (Grover's Disease)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday March 23, 2016, 06:31:22 PM »
Hi there!

Welcome to the forum!

The forum has died down in recent times, but there steamroll regularish contributions on the Grover's thread. Pop over and say hi! We're a friendly bunch...

Matt.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline ckg1989

• Registered member
Re: Hi New Here, 50+ female with (Grover's Disease)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday March 29, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »
Hi- I am 45 year old female with Grover's, as well. Did you find a doctor who was helpful or a treatment that was successful? Please let me know. Thank you!