Author Topic: Study at UCL - Understanding Thoughts About Chronic Illness  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Sabine_Topf

• Ads&Surveys
  • Survey Account
Study at UCL - Understanding Thoughts About Chronic Illness
« on: Friday December 18, 2015, 09:04:16 AM »
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Online Study at University College London

Have you been diagnosed with a long-term illness and have been prescribed daily medication for this illness?

If yes, please help me understand more about how you think about your condition, its treatment and related health topics! This research is part of my PhD in psychology. Your participation would be much appreciated.

Details about the study
  • The study takes place online and can be done from any PC/Mac/Linux computer. Unfortunately, mobile devices do not work.
  • The study includes questionnaires and game-like computer tasks where letters on the keyboard need to be pressed as quickly as possible. Detailed instructions are given for each questionnaire and task.
  • The study duration is about 40 minutes (30 minutes for Part 1, and 10 minutes for Part 2 four weeks later).
  • Participants will receive a 3.75 Amazon voucher for a completed survey as a thank-you for their time. There is also a chance to win one of four 25 vouchers (e.g. for M&S, Boots, Etsy etc.) for everyone taking part.
  • Eligible are all adults (18+) who have been diagnosed with a chronic illness and have been prescribed daily medication for this illness.
  • The study has been approved by the UCL research ethics committee (project ID # 7169/001). All data collection and storage is in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Participation is anonymous and all information you provide will be treated confidentially.
  • Results will be published as part of my PhD thesis, in peer-reviewed journals and presented at conferences.

Link to the study: http://tinyurl.com/IllnessExperience

Should you have any questions about the study, please do not hesitate to contact me (see first page of the online study & my profile here on skincell.org).

Best wishes,
Sabine