Author Topic: migraine headaches  (Read 2112 times)

Offline cricket

• Registered member
  • Registered SkinCell Member
migraine headaches
« on: Friday April 03, 2015, 07:23:54 PM »
anyone familiar with complex, or complicated migraines?  I posted this on another health type board with no responses.  I haven't been to this site in some time but thought I might get some reply's here.  Thank you for any information.

I had a migraine last Thursday. Throbbing in left temple. I usually get an aura first but not this time. I took Excedrin Migraine and it went away.
The next day I felt a slight numbness in my left arm and leg. Not really numb, no pins and needle feeling, just a bit strange feeling. I thought it would go away.
I ended up going to the ER on Sunday. Had a cat scan of brain and was told it was a complex migraine, Paresthersia.
Blood work and urine and ekg all looked good. Blood pressure was normal. I have an appointment to see a neurologist for an mri but that's over a month away. I can't find another appointment sooner, but I am still looking.
I am still feeling this odd feeling in my arm and leg, sometimes it goes away. It almost feels like I slept on it funny. I have had neck problems on the left side for years, I woke up the morning of the migraine and realized I had slept with my head on a high pillow, which I never do, and I'm wondering if it could be a pinched nerve? I asked at the er but they didn't seem to care. Anyway, if anyone has had this did it last this long? It's been over a week and I am very scared. I have bad anxiety and I am hoping I can get some insight here. Thanks