Author Topic: Dyshidrotic eczema, please read...this may help you too!  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Funny Farm

• Registered member
Dyshidrotic eczema, please read...this may help you too!
« on: Monday September 15, 2014, 02:32:28 PM »
I've had this disorder now for approx. 8 years. After researching I thought it was a nickel allergy as avoiding high nickel content foods/drinks did seem to help somewhat. About 6 weeks ago I had my vitamin D level checked simply because I know vitamin D is important. It was low enough that my Dr. put me on prescription strength vitamin D. I started taking 50,000units once a week. After my first dose (a day or so later) I had a few new (maybe 4-5) tiny blisters on my one hand. However, since then, I have had zero new blisters anywhere...none on either hand and none on either foot. I have not gone this long with no new blisters in YEARS. So, it's too early for me to say that this has cured this disorder for me...but it does seem like it has.

I have no idea if the vit D deficiency causes the disorder or makes me more sensitive to allergens or what but if you suffer from this disorder have your vitamin D levels checked. I still have some residual redness and thickened skin that I treat with vitamin A & D ointment nightly, I also apply eucerin cream as this has always helped with the resulting dry, thick, flaky skin and I use a foot file to help smooth/thin the dry skin which helps stop the splitting/cracking. This also helps stop the desire to pick at the thick skin which usually does not end well...for me, I'd always pick until I created a sore spot! My feet almost look normal after just 6 weeks of taking the vit D.

I'm supposed to take the prescription strength vit D for 8 weeks and then switch to an over the counter supplement. This has me nervous as I don't want to switch anything up at this point and have new blisters appear. I will be going back here soon and ask if I can just continue with the once/week dose. I am hoping to be able to return here in a few more weeks and let you know if this is still working for me. I just wanted to get on here quick and share so that maybe somebody else can be helped with this info. Good luck to you all.

Offline Angel love

• Registered member
Re: Dyshidrotic eczema, please read...this may help you too!
« Reply #1 on: Monday October 23, 2017, 11:07:08 PM »
Cetaphil Face cleanser works for me. Wash your hands only using this. With cool water