Author Topic: Recurring painful boils on buttocks and thighs.  (Read 2980 times)

Offline mribby

• Registered member
Recurring painful boils on buttocks and thighs.
« on: Thursday August 28, 2014, 04:38:35 AM »
I'm 19 (male) and from let's say puberty or so i kept getting these recurring boils on my buttocks and thighs, i thought nothing of it and i'd get one every couple of days. They'd be awfully painful the only thing i could do was squeeze them which i know isn't recommended. It's all i could do relieve the pain. And what it's done is completely scar the entire buttock and thigh area. I have awful scarring now and i've been using creams and such but nothing that i've used has helped (Bio Oil , Emollient Cream). I've been to the doctor and he put me on antibiotics which hasn't done anything. The boils are still coming in and sometimes it's bearable other times i can't. The back of my legs are awful as is my backside. I have never have any spots or so on my face or arms. The rest of my body is scarless. Only my butttocks and legs are affected with these. It's weird there seems to be a barrier where it stops lower back completely clean. I'm completely new here and i have no idea what it could be. I haven't gone back to my doctor i just don't really want to. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post pictures here i'm open to that if that's help. And if anyone could recommend creams or remedies for the scarring. I'd appreciate it greatly. II have keratosis pilaris which also affects y legs but that doesn't really bother me. I'm not sure if it could be linked. Any advice would be appreciated:)
« Last Edit: Thursday August 28, 2014, 04:40:16 AM by mribby »

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
Re: Recurring painful boils on buttocks and thighs.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday August 28, 2014, 06:57:57 AM »
Hi there! Welcome to Skincell!

Pictures are allowed, although please drop them in your personal gallery (see gallery link on the toolbar).

Painful boils sounds like Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), but it usually gets other areas, so it hopefully isn't. I'm no expert, so look it up and get a dermatologist to check too.

It's important that you go back to your GP if only to het a referral to a dermatologist.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline mribby

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday August 28, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »
I've uploaded my awful situation. http://www.skincell.org/gallery/index.php?cat=33501  I'll try muster to go back to my doctor. Would this be HS?

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
« Reply #3 on: Thursday August 28, 2014, 09:17:24 PM »
Hmmmm... Looks painful, but doesn't look like HS.

Honestly, the best is to get a referral to a dermatologist from your GP. They'll poke, prod, swabs, and maybe a biopsy. They might take a while, as there are lots of conditions that all present the same, but they'll find it. :)

In the mean time, stick around!  ;)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline queenie

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Friday November 28, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »
Try some Active Manuka Honey +16 on the boils.  You can read about Manuka honey on the internet and how to use it.  I see this is an older post, so I hope you check back.

Offline StephLind

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday August 19, 2018, 01:22:20 AM »
I've uploaded my awful situation. http://www.skincell.org/gallery/index.php?cat=33501  I'll try muster to go back to my doctor. Would this be HS?

Read about Pyoderma Gangrenosum. If you have Crohns, IBS, or another autoimmune disease it is highly likely.