Author Topic: Flaking/Shedding Eczema  (Read 2851 times)

Offline TheMattEffect

• Registered member
Flaking/Shedding Eczema
« on: Tuesday June 10, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »
Hi there

Recentely I've been having issues with my skin flaking up massively, generally around my thighs/legs and my back/arms. The past two weeks my skin dried up excessively for no apparant reason, I haven't let up on the amount of moisturiser I use and hadn't changed anything that I know would have caused it.

I've had it flake before but not like this, it seems to be resisting my constant moisturising and although i try hard I find myself scratching more than usual which is kind of distressing me at this point. Being at work is more of a chore and I feel like staying home more to avoid contact with anyone, you can imagine how it makes me feel!

I use Cetraben Emolient Cream as my moisturiser as well as my Shower cream, I go through roughly 3-4 500g tubs in 2 weeks, lately I've been going through it much faster. I really like Cetraben and don't want to change my emolient if possible.
I'm not due to see my Dermatologist until August now and have been on Ciclosporin until April when I came off them, they helped massively and I have been prompted to continue by using Azathioprine but I am not sure whether to do this?

Offline RainForestDweller

• Registered member
  • Dog gone happy.
Re: Flaking/Shedding Eczema
« Reply #1 on: Saturday June 14, 2014, 11:24:34 PM »
Do you have a history of steroid use? It sounds like Topical Steroid Withdrawal. Please check out ITSAN.org and prepare to have your mind blown! ITSAN is the International Topical Steroid Awareness Network and are one of the fastest growing nonprofits out there. There only focus is getting people aware that Topical Steroid (skin) Addiction is a very real situation of about 30% of people that use steroids for uncontrollable eczema. ... I hope this helps! Many people who end up on immune suppressants.

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
Re: Flaking/Shedding Eczema
« Reply #2 on: Sunday June 29, 2014, 01:16:55 PM »
I can understand what you are going through because my face shed dead skin for 6 weeks up til this morning. I was getting desperate and depressed and the aloe vera gelly I was using was. Not stopping the daily peel, itch, scratch itch cycle.

My face looked terrible up til this morning....

I did amaroli and massaged my face and neck with it last night.  This morning I woke up and though I still had dead skin on my face, my face was actually much softer! The dead skin rubbed off when I massaged more amaroli on my face, neck and rest of body....

No more set face mask of tight skin when I wake up!

I researched Sylvia Chandler, Martha Christy, Dr John Armstrong on how to do amaroli properly and apply it.

You might need to eat more healthily if you are going to do this...

Don't take my word for it....do your own research and understand amaroli first.   There is plenty of info on the net about it.

Anyway, I am so glad I found a cure and so fast.  I am in heaven right now!

Take care....
It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad