Author Topic: It's been a very long time since I've been here. Can't remember how to post :)  (Read 2671 times)

Offline barbaraann_38

I'm back.. Hi everyone, Hi Jane (HUGS)    :)  I've been away for a long time, a very long time... I was doing so well for so long.  Then suddenly last summer (isn't that a song?)  I had a break out on my right foot.. way off to the side, so it wasn't so noticeable to me.  That breakout proceeded to take over my right foot, move it's way up to my right hand, slid over to my left hand, and finally wind up on my left foot...  I've noticed I've been getting pustules on my finger tips this time as well, I must have gotten them the last time too, but being I didn't really know what I was dealing with, I didn't take note until my finger nails all fell off..  My finger tips are cracked and bleeding for the most part, it's gone under my nails again... I've been taking doxy and using my clobatasol, and either tanning or using my uvb hand and foot light that my doctor prescribed for me.. (it's a huge contraption, about the size of a coffee table) long story.  Dr Fruland if you ever come on here, you're wonderful and I thank you!!!  I can't seem to get this outbreak under control, believe me, I've been trying!  Wet cotton gloves on my hands, over the clobatasol, nitrile gloves over that... wet socks over clobatasol on my feet and plastic wrap or plastic bags whichever I have handy....  it softens it all up, but does not seem to make it go away.  I've been keeping it in "check" for the most part, but it will never totally go away.  I'm not writing to look for answers, I'm just complaining and whining.... I've tried it all, changed the diet, quit smoking, no alcohol, no dairy, no gluten, started a vitamin/supplement regime.  I've been dealing with this for years.  It's something that is within my body, always has been and always will be.  It comes and goes as it pleases.. nothing I can do to avoid it *sigh*  All I know is, I've got to go on with my life and deal with this crap, and I do need to vent once in a while about it.. no one I personally know has this, so they don't  understand.  They are empathetic and try to understand, but how the hell could they know the pain I go through on a daily basis?  That and bloody feet and hands are quite embarrassing in every day life, the band aides I've gone through just to cover it up...
Okay, I feel a little better..needed to vent!!!  Time to head to bed.. put the wet socks over clobatasol and bags on my feet, wet cotton gloves over clobatasol and nitrile gloves on my hands.  Goodnight, sleep well and know we're all in this together....
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
Re: It's been a very long time since I've been here. Can't remember how to post :)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday September 14, 2013, 03:43:20 AM »
Yikes, I only just saw this now!!

You really have forgotten how to post my friend. Wish you had told me! I thought your skin was doing well.

Here's where to post: http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php/topic,23555.0.html

I'm not writing to look for answers, I'm just complaining and whining.... I've tried it all, changed the diet, quit smoking, no alcohol, no dairy, no gluten, started a vitamin/supplement regime.  I've been dealing with this for years.  It's something that is within my body, always has been and always will be.  It comes and goes as it pleases.. nothing I can do to avoid it *sigh*  All I know is, I've got to go on with my life and deal with this crap, and I do need to vent once in a while about it.. no one I personally know has this, so they don't  understand.  They are empathetic and try to understand, but how the hell could they know the pain I go through on a daily basis?  That and bloody feet and hands are quite embarrassing in every day life, the band aides I've gone through just to cover it up...
Okay, I feel a little better..needed to vent!!!  Time to head to bed.. put the wet socks over clobatasol and bags on my feet, wet cotton gloves over clobatasol and nitrile gloves on my hands.  Goodnight, sleep well and know we're all in this together....

Well, m'dear glad you are not looking for answers! There aren't any as you have so eloquently expressed! Take heart though, your wet wraps have become a legend.......I'm know they helped me so much. Vent all you like. We all know what it is like.......the pain, frustration, and time....great gobs of time dedicated to creams, lotions, wraps, and as I recall for you, scratching...... ::)

I've been dealing with this for years.  It's something that is within my body, always has been and always will be.  It comes and goes as it pleases.. nothing I can do to avoid it *sigh*

You hit that nail bang on the head. Exactly right. Waxes and wanes at its choice, not our choice. What the trigger is for each person is a mystery. Mine has been in remission for a long time -- key word "remission".  :cf:

Sorry to have been so tardy Barb!

Jane  :hug:
It's a good day when you laugh!

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
Re: It's been a very long time since I've been here. Can't remember how to post :)
« Reply #2 on: Friday September 27, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »
Welcome back BarbaraAnn!

Sorry to hear you've been having problems. Feel free to come and vent any time.

And I'm also sorry it took me a while to notice too. Pitfalls of having a full and a bit time job! Not much time left at the end of the day, and chores all weekend. :-/
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!