Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 2658 times)

Offline luvdogs

• Registered member
Pictures
« on: Friday February 01, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
I just posted pics of PPP on my feet (toes).  Pretty darn gross and I would NEVER share with anyone else but those whom understand this mess!
Luvdogs, A.K.A. Pat

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
Re: Pictures
« Reply #1 on: Saturday February 02, 2013, 03:55:30 AM »
Hi luvdogs, and "welcome" back to SC.

I looked at your photos - the first one surprised me, as I'd not seen that sort of thing before......I'm glad you have found the cling wrap useful. It is a wonderful thing, thanks to Barb. :nod:

Now you have come back, please stay with us - there is much you can contribute both to the thread I started as well as the resurrected thread by PaulBeck.

Jane
It's a good day when you laugh!

Offline luvdogs

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday February 02, 2013, 05:03:55 AM »
Well, I'm probably a bit different than most anyone here as I  don't go to the Dr with this.  The first time I did, back when I disappeared from here, they wanted to put me on Methotrexate & I just wasn't gonna do that because of my testy liver.  I really don't know what to do with myself, I pretty much lived with it on my hands but the feet aren't gonna be easy & I will probably end up at the Dr. 

I have a problem with Drs.  I've never had them help me & more times than not they've done more harm than good.  My thing is, I DON'T WANT THEM TO TREAT THE SYMPTOM, I WANT TO FIND THE CAUSE. >:(  But that has never been the case with me & I just ended up with Dr bills.  In a perfect world I could find a homeopathic remedy but...I can ALWAYS learn to eat better too.

When I did go to the rheumatologist, (was referred by GP to be sure I didn't have psoriatic arthritis) all he told me was I had Palmer Psoriasis, wanted to put me on Methotroxate & have liver test every month.  He said nothing about PPP.  I diagnosed myself with that.  If you look close at the one pic, you can see the pustules & the really gross one is the aftermath of an eruption.  When I took the cling wrap off, sheets of skin just peeled right off & that was what was left.

When I first started researching this in 2004/05 there wasn't a whole lot of info.  I've found more this time around & I would hope the Dr I choose to use knows something about it by now.  I know I sound goofy  :-[  Having shut myself in has caused me to become a bit eccentric  :-\
So that's me...still crazy after all these yrs!
Luvdogs, A.K.A. Pat

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
« Reply #3 on: Saturday February 02, 2013, 05:27:56 AM »
Hi luvdogs,

You are a very strong woman, to be able to manage all that your life has entailed.

It is a concern to me that you haven't mentioned any tests or swabs done and you were just told you had Palmer Psoriasis. That is a huge leap for me - I would like to hear that somewhere along the line "somebody" had taken the time to swab your pustules, and sent it to the lab to be tested for bacteria and fungus (fungi?). No matter, you know what I mean. The PPP diagnosis is mainly done by eliminating what it is not! If there isn't either of the two I mentioned then the diagnosis of PPP is made (doesn't seem to matter if it is hands, feet or both.

My thing is, I DON'T WANT THEM TO TREAT THE SYMPTOM, I WANT TO FIND THE CAUSE. >:(  But that has never been the case with me & I just ended up with Dr bills.  In a perfect world I could find a homeopathic remedy but...I can ALWAYS learn to eat better too.

It is my opinion that PPP is a genetic thing in nature. If you want to explore the theory of food, the  Admin folk  have OK'd  the reopening of the previous PPP thread, by PaulBeck, who leaves no stone unturned in respect to diet, and drugs.

Hopefully somewhere in the mix of these threads you will find something helpful! I hope so.

Jane

It's a good day when you laugh!