Author Topic: PUSTULAR PSORIASIS AND FOODS  (Read 3070 times)

Offline LeeCC

• Registered member
PUSTULAR PSORIASIS AND FOODS
« on: Monday August 27, 2012, 12:44:53 AM »
Has anyone made a connection with foods they eat that makes the blisters break out more? I discovered about a year or more ago that eggs makes me break out.  Last night I had a piece of dark chocolate, very small piece and during the night I could feel blisters breaking out.  I've had other things too but can't think of them now.  I wonder if there is any connection with eczema as that does have a food connection, something like an EC/PSOR?  ANYBODY?

Offline xdunlapx

• Registered member
Re: PUSTULAR PSORIASIS AND FOODS
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday September 12, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
I've never found a connection to my PPP and food. My PPP is always very bad on my feet so unless it's string cheese and milk that cause it to be bad, I have no clue. THose are the only things I eat regularly. I'm on methotrexate that needs the dosage to be raised. I'm on 1/2 of the normal dose of it for psoriasis. It is a starter dose to make sure it doesn't hurt my liver. So far so good. Though it hasn't cleared my PPP it has slowed down the cell turnover a lot. Not enough to clear it but it helps to calm it down. I'm also using Triamcinilone .1 ointment. That really helps but I hate putting ointment anywhere on my body (eww!) so i dont use it more than a few times per week. Though it does help the soreness a lot when I do use it regularly. I need to start forcing myself to use it up to 3x a day which was recommended to me. I need to find very stretchy socks to use with the ointment, I have very wide feet so regular socks would be impossible to put on my feet when I have ointment on and it would just rub off the ointment if I did put regular socks on. So I'm on teh hunt for very stretchy diabetic socks that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Offline LeeCC

• Registered member
Re: PUSTULAR PSORIASIS AND FOODS
« Reply #2 on: Sunday October 07, 2012, 01:35:03 AM »
I'm really surprised no one has had food problems with their PPP.  I know that is what I have as I had a biopsy done and it came back PPP.
Has anybody tried Protopic ointment.  I got my insurance company to let me have it.  It sells for 168.00 but I got it for 40.00.  Now I am afraid to use it.  They give you all kinds of side effects which scare the heck out of you.  Has anybody tried it? and if so, did you have any side effects?

another forum, several reports on using SkinZinc that you can purchase over the counter at Walmart or CVS Pharmacy or online at drugstore.com.  Quite a few people reported success with it.