Author Topic: Antioxidant Body Lotion  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Shirudo

• Ads&Surveys
  • Corporate Representation Account
    • Shirudo
Antioxidant Body Lotion
« on: Tuesday July 17, 2012, 07:51:58 PM »
I have had PMLE since the age of 12. I am now 34. Despite the fact common preventive therapy (avoiding sunlight, wearing long clothes) usually prevents sun rashes from reappearing, I just couldn't resign myself.  I'm from Canada: Winters are so long and hard! I want to enjoy every single day of summer I can. I love the ocean, walking hours on the beach, scuba diving, surfing and sailing. PMLE has affected every single vacation I’ve had since the age of 12.

For the past 10 years I made tremendous research and tried every possible preventive treatments I could find. If you’ve done your research like me, you may have found several clinical studies revealing the effectiveness of a formulation combining alpha-glucosylrutin (also called AGR, ag-rutin, glucosylrutin) and Vitamin E. According to many research conclusions (go on medscape website to find out more), 80% of people who have used this formulation have experienced a major improvement of their PMLE and most of them had no symptoms at all. The problem? This lotion do not exist...

So I did it! I formulated this antioxidant body lotion myself (with the help of a cosmetic chemist, obviously) and it is now available online in the US and Canada at http://www.shirudo.com.

All ingredients are natural, in part ECOCERT certified and are suitable for sensitive skin. It is an ultra-light lotion that quickly absorbs, making it easy to apply every 2 hours while on vacation and until hardening occurs. You must still apply sun protection on top of it, but the good news is that you can keep using your favorite. It is also a very good moisturizing lotion.

I just came back from vacation and the test results are amazing. The lotion saved me from another PMLE outbreak. From all the preventive treatments I’ve tried so far (and I tried A LOT!), it is the only solution that has reduced 90% of my symptoms and allowed me to fully enjoy my vacation. I spent 7 days on the beaches of Cape Cod, typically 5 to 6 hours of direct sun exposure everyday. The only minor rash that appeared was under my arms and on the back of my thighs where lotion may have been removed by my towel.

An SPF 25 from Ombrelle was quite enough and I didn't get any sunburn. I even got a nice tan! One of the most surprising things I realized while testing the lotion is that my skin is not as sensitive as I thought. Since I was a teen, I used a very high SPF (even going as high as SPF 100!) thinking that my skin was burning easily when actually it was my PMLE either causing this burning sensation, or making my skin more prone to sunburn.

Next step is to spread the good news hoping it will work for other people suffering from polymorphous light eruption The horrible truth about PMLE is the ‘polymorphous’ part, because everyone experiences it differently, but I really hope you will give it a try. I would like to get reviews and comments for other people so on your next vacation please give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sunday July 22, 2012, 07:18:47 AM by M@t »