Author Topic: This works for PMLE!!  (Read 5558 times)

Offline GirlOnFire

• Registered member
This works for PMLE!!
« on: Tuesday June 12, 2012, 02:14:20 AM »
Hi there, I'm new to this forum. I've had PMLE since I was about 4 (I'm 26 now). If anything, it's just gotten worse over the years. I can't go out in the sun for more than an hour or two before the rash starts to erupt,  and going to the beach is practically impossible. BUT I found something recently that really worked, and I thought I'd share. It's a sunscreen called Vanicream. I bought the sensitive skin kind, 60 SPF on Amazon for $15. Yes it's a bit pricy, but it worked really well. Here's how I tested it: A few weeks ago I went up to my friend's house on the river and was out in the sun for a little over an hour (4 to 5:30 pm). Even though it was late in the day the rash broke out on my arms and neck, as usual.  This weekend, I went back to the river armed with my new sunscreen. I was out on my friend's boat in direct sunlight for the entire day, (noon to 5) and didn't get a rash at all! Nothing. I was seriously impressed.  If you suffer from PMLE you should really try this product! The main ingredient is Zinc Oxide. I didn't find it too greasy (that's what everyone complains about in the ratings). I actually found it blended in really well, and best of all it has zero odor. Hope this helps you like it helped me!

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
Re: This works for PMLE!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday June 12, 2012, 03:27:35 AM »
Hi GirlOnFire, and welcome to Skin Cell!

Just read your post and glad you have found something that blocks the rays of sun and it actually works! :-)

Zinc Oxide is a heavy duty sunscreen, and protectant. Good for you! Long may it continue for you, as it sounds like you have had enough over your life time.

Jane
It's a good day when you laugh!

Offline rexrable

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Monday September 10, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
You can also go for oxygen cosmetics which will open pores and so skin will automatically get clean.

Offline Gsandy

• Registered member
« Reply #3 on: Thursday November 22, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
For those suffering from PMLE must try to avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m as during this time the sun's rays are most intense. Always schedule outdoor activities in the morning or early evening and no matter what cover up yourself properly..
G. Sandy

Offline GirlOnFire

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Sunday June 23, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
Update on what I've found that also works for PMLE....I just discovered a new antioxidant cream that works better than anything I've ever tried before. It's called Shirudo Antioxidant Body Lotion. It uses Alpha-glucosylrutin and vitamin E to prevent PMLE breakouts. You apply it every two hours, and use it under your regular broad spectrum sunscreen. I tried it the first time when I went to California over Memorial Day. Usually at this time of year I get a terrible outbreak, but I used this lotion, and came back from my 5 day vacation complete free of any symptoms. You should really give it a try. You can buy it at Shirudo.com. It's a little pricey ($45 for an 8 oz bottle) but to me it was totally worth it.

Offline Ryusadoms

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Friday November 03, 2017, 06:45:48 AM »
This is so wonderful that I found it.