Author Topic: Prednisone for Dishydrotic Eczema / Pompholyx  (Read 6108 times)

Offline Big Ears

Prednisone for Dishydrotic Eczema / Pompholyx
« on: Wednesday May 02, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »
If any of you have been reading my posts in the last 2 years or so, you'll know that I've tried many things - thought I had the cure, then keep getting reocurrances of those blisters that we all love so dearly.

The latest solution has been a round of prednisone perscribed by my dermotologiest.

Amazing results. in 3 days of using this drug at 40 mg./day, my hands and feet are nearly 100% healed.

Hope everyone out there is doing well.
Take Care,
BIG EARS

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
Re: Prednisone for Dishydrotic Eczema / Pompholyx
« Reply #1 on: Sunday May 06, 2012, 10:52:49 PM »
That's WONDERFUL!! :dance: :yay:

So glad something finally worked!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline t00nb0t

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Thursday December 06, 2012, 10:06:36 AM »
several months later, how are you finding this remedy? still great im hoping this mite have to be my next thing to try

Offline Big Ears

« Reply #3 on: Thursday December 06, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
Although the doctors say to go off of it, I've been using about 20mg per day and clean as a whistle.
I try going off of it and my hands go wild. I'm using it and that's that.

I will try tapering off again at the end of the month, after new years and see what happens.

Stuff really works!
Take Care,
BIG EARS

Offline turtlegurl

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Monday March 25, 2013, 08:24:28 AM »
Prednisone sure is a miracle drug, but comes with harsh side effects. Its probably different for everyone but I have experienced both extreme mental and physical effects for being on it for several months for my asthma. It definitely cleared up my eczema/pompholyx but I do everything to avoid it. Due to the prednisone I suffered mental confusion and depression. Physically, I had extreme weight gain. Prednisone is a strong steroid and will reduce any kind of inflammation, but it comes with a price. Additionally, if you are on it long term, one of the biggest side effects is weakening bones and early osteoporosis.

Main point: Prednisone WILL work, but use only if your eczema is really disrupting your day-to-day life. And don't expect to be able to use it forever. If it didn't have side effects, I'm sure I would be taking it daily for the rest of my life because it works so well.
"Life...it's like gettin' a blueberry muffin in a coffeeshop when what you ordered was the apricot-nut. There aren't any apricots or nuts in it, and you get tied up in knots just thinkin' about what you're missin', when the smarter thing to do is realize that blueberries have a nice taste, too."

Offline salvanost

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Monday March 25, 2013, 08:11:52 PM »
you could use celestamine as alternative
it's just 0.25mg with max dossage 8/day

i'm using this 1/day, before sleep for 2 days

cannot use too much, the side effect of mood swings really not good for daily activity