Author Topic: new and just got it remove#  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Ragman

• Registered member
new and just got it remove#
« on: Monday May 30, 2011, 10:15:19 PM »
Hi everyone,

So i've had HS in my armpit for 5 years now. In the beginning it was painfull till the doc cut it open and put a drain in it. It wasn't a picknick!
For 5 years i've walk around with this inflamation, it always was open so there was no pressure build up. So i managed. it did create scarr tissue and it wasn't pretty.
After 5 years i finally mustered the strengh to see a surgeon to have it cut out.
After 15 minutes i was standing outside again with a hole in my armpit.  It all went pretty good virtually no pain, some great local injections and i didn't feel a thing.
I've rinced the wound twice a day, every day and recovery is going smooth. Not even any pain with rincing or moving around. Maybe they also removed out the nerves? I dont know.

After 2 weeks the wound is almost closed.
But... and now for my question.... i got some pain along the muscles of my arm. Its a soarness or stiffness that is a bit concerning.
Does anyone of you have had any experience with this?

Thanks for your time,

Ewoud
Please help me, by voting for an Art competition i've entered if you would be so kind to vote i will be forever thankfull. www.arttakeslondon.com/EwoudBakker . just hit the stars

Offline Ragman

• Registered member
Re: new and just got it remove#
« Reply #1 on: Monday May 30, 2011, 10:54:33 PM »
Also have takes pictures after every shower of the wound to make a timelapse. if anyonw is interrested.  ;D
Please help me, by voting for an Art competition i've entered if you would be so kind to vote i will be forever thankfull. www.arttakeslondon.com/EwoudBakker . just hit the stars

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
Re: new and just got it remove#
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday May 31, 2011, 04:48:01 PM »
Hi Ewoud,
I've never had this kind of surgery, but it wouldn't surprise me if your stiffness and discomfort are related to the surgery.  If the wound looks like it's healing well, then I would suggest giving it a few days or a week to see if things settle down, and if not, go back and see your doctor.

Good luck!