Author Topic: Comparing pompholyx treatments.  (Read 77767 times)

Offline PatrickH

• Registered member
Re: Comparing pompholyx treatments.
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday July 31, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
Condition still very bad, 2 nights of little sleep again.

A lot of peeling going on, but fresh outbreaks, too tired to do much more than moisturise and apply steroid.

So tired.

Offline Big Ears

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday July 31, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »
Tell your doctor that for your sanity - you need a 5-10 mg., 2 week duration perscription of Prednisone.

This will at least give you a little relief while you gather the strength to battle the bubbles again.
Take Care,
BIG EARS

Offline justme0101

• Registered member
    • Living With Dyshidrosis/Pompholyx
« Reply #42 on: Sunday August 04, 2013, 03:01:59 AM »
Condition still very bad, 2 nights of little sleep again.

A lot of peeling going on, but fresh outbreaks, too tired to do much more than moisturise and apply steroid.

So tired.

Patrick! I'm going through the same thing. I have had this thing since May, and since then it's been a case of outbreaks, followed by dryness, followed by peeling, and followed by new outbreaks on the new skin.

The thing about dyshidrosis is that there seem to be no rules to it! Different things work for different people (if they work at all!), and everyone seems to have a different experience with it. That's what makes it so difficult.

Offline PatrickH

• Registered member
« Reply #43 on: Sunday August 04, 2013, 12:24:44 PM »
Hi,

Since May is a long time to have been battling this, although I suspect it was on my feet for a few weeks before I hit the really bad stage about 3 weeks ago. It's now 2 weeks of steroid cream (Betnovate) and Epaderm and it is better but still there. Apparently it can take a long time for the vesicles to disappear so I just have to persevere. Hands are better but feet have such itchiness, and despite lots of moisturising and bathing them the skin is dry.

As others have said there is a 'cycle', it has been really hot and humid here which has not helped, but things are improving. I think it's necessary to accept that it can take a long time to clear up. Good luck with finding an improvement, and when you do, stick with it.

And thanks for the advice Big Ears, I have read about yours (and others) success with Prednisone, next week is make or break, the steroid cream will run out in a day or two so I'm waiting to see what the condition is like then before seeing the doctor again and suggesting Prednisone.

Offline dgg

• Registered member
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday August 06, 2013, 03:52:17 AM »
Hello,

Just want to share my progress this year - suffered many years with pompholyx, requiring cortisone on it to help but not always deter the issue.  It's worst with the onset of summer.. and for last couple years, I usually have to run to a med clinic on vacation to help with a flareup to keep my sanity.  this year, I have noticed a huge improvement where I have not used any cortisone for last couple months or more.. and only very minor breakout to point of almost nothing..

- always looked to be wheat free but now very very strict on it & eat very health  (lots of veggies especially); I don't drink or smoke
-  determatolist recommended suntan lotion and avoid any creams etc - just sprays and wash hands immediately if anything gets on my hands - the brand I have used a lot over past 2 months is Aveeno hydrosport spray
- a natural ingredients bug repellent my wife whipped up from herbs, etc that works great
- ECOS 100% natural laundry detergent and NO fabic softeners

But what I believe is the turning point are these new strategies:

- Somewhere awhile back and I believe here on this forum someone mentioned they stopped using things (shampoo etc) that contained  sodium laureth sulfate. I went to the bathroom and looked at the 2 I had used daily for years.. both contained it.  I stopped and switched to a brand that had no sulfates (I picked up Giovanni tea tree triple treat shampoo brand) - perhaps others out there to choose and maybe better but this 1 has no sulfates..
- And no more sucralose as I read it can effect the kidneys which I believe is critical to not to do with any skin issues..  about 3 months back read a post on a fitness site I'm on and a guy in awesome shape that spoke to this..  went and checked my whey protein powder I was having 1x a day and sure enough it had it. So, I switched to 1 that doesn't have it (and not aspartame either).  And of course SO many things contain sucralose so I avoid them completely (especially pop).
* Also, over past 2-3 months, more water intake and picked up a fitbit and it's motivated to move a lot more in walking, hiking etc.. maybe more exercise helps? In past it was so frustrating going to gym etc due to hands breaking out but not so far these past months.

I know each person is different on levels of this skin issue and what works and doesn't work..  these new strategies have I believe really made a difference for me and perhaps others may want to consider these points (if not already done).

Cheers, Dave

Offline newguy101

• Registered member
« Reply #45 on: Sunday August 11, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
Good day my friends with many little blisters on your hands that can itch and be painful. I am new but I wanted to share something I did that cleared my hands completely in two days.
Get two bowls of HOT water.
Pour a generous amount of apple cider vinegar in each bowl.
Get a needle or stick pin.
Stab and pull every blister just to puncture them.
Put hands in hot water mix for 20 minutes.
Dab dry hands with paper towel.
Gone.
Next day do the ones you missed.
I did this and they all went away, had to share and hope it helps some of you good people.

Offline PatrickH

• Registered member
« Reply #46 on: Monday August 19, 2013, 01:27:58 AM »
Hi,

Just wanted to report in that it has almost gone, my hands no longer look like I have had a long bath, that was very strange, I had a tough few days where my feet were still very bad and it looked like it was getting hold again but I just had to get through that. I haven't been using any steroid cream just Epaderm (a moisturiser). I didn't change anything in my diet the only thing is that it has been a few degrees cooler here, whether that is a factor I do not know.

So there is hope, having a bucket of water (hot or cold) for dipping hands and feet in helped a lot, as well as the moisturising but also letting the skin get a bit dry and flaky.

If you think about it, takes about 4 weeks for skin to replace then the 6 to 8 weeks I have been struggling with this makes sense.

Still a bit red and itchy but that should go away in the next few days, it's been a very hard slog and difficult to deal with but hopefully I can get on with life again, it was terrible not being able to move comfortably or sleep properly, so my sympathies for all those who have struggled with this.

And I am going to try and look after myself a bit more, I really don't want a repeat of this.

Take care.

Offline Anniet

• Registered member
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday September 11, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »
Hi everyone,
Another newbie here. I stumbled across this forum and this thread whislt googling for information on my possible triggers. I could have written so much of the above replys! Especially Mzktlc's post. I am 33 years of age, had never ever suffered with any allergies, skin conditions, anything at all until pregnant with my son. I developed a horrific case of PUPPS (puritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy) and was a walking rash - from my knees to my neck. It was nasty. It progressed as per the usual cases and disappeared shortly after my son was born.

When he was five months old, I started to get issues with my fingers, the GP put it down to frequently washing my hands from having a newborn and it slowly went away with creams etc and being told to use rubber gloves for washing dishes etc. About a year or so later it came back and I was referred back to the dermatologist and was diagnosed with having pompholyx, three or four months went by with various steroid creams and a short dose of prednisone (which did nothing) and again it disappeared.

It reared it's ugly head again this year - funnily enough it has been about May each time. This year it hasn't responded as well as it did last year. I've been using celestone betamethasone cream and sorbolene cream, and I recently discovered that vaseline make a dry skin cream which absorbs into the skin so quickly (I hate having creams/stuff on my hands). Yes it is fragranced but it seemed to be doing the trick, so between the GP and I we just put it down to dry skin as I hadn't been paying too much attention to the appearance. My fingers were cracking and so painful (as you all know and understand!).

A few nights ago I put on some rubber gloves to do the dishes thinking that was the 'right' thing to do so as to not unnecessarily be washing my hands. I'd also been preparing food with latex food preparation gloves. That night, about 2am, I woke up with the most intense itching on my hands, thought it was a mosquito bite (or something) so took an antihistamine which helped me get back to sleep and stopped the itching and the next morning when I looked at my fingers they were red raw. It suddenly struck me that perhaps my trigger was rubber?! yay! I had not been able to pinpoint it to anything before as I hadn't changed washing detergents/powders/shampoos anything. So here I was all happy that I might have found my trigger.

As the skin was still dry and it affects my fingertips, the dry flaking skin just gets caught on things so I thought last night I'd slather my hands in vaseline (as this has worked before to 'cure' the dry skin). Well, this morning I woke up itchy and red raw too... There must be some ingredient in vaseline that is in rubber, now not being very good with chemistry, I have no idea! But again, the antihistamine (fexofenadine this time) has worked a treat.

I think I really need to get a referral back to my dermatologist and get an allergy/patch test done as I just can't seem to find the trigger. The pompholyx only affects my fingers, not the palm of my hands and has never (yet) spread to my feet. The strange thing is I can wear rubber 'croc' shoes with no issue so the possiblity of an allergy to rubber hadn't even crossed my mind.

The recurring thing for me that stands out is that it starts in or about May - which may not be a surprise to any of you as you all seem to come from the UK or US, but I'm in Australia - so the start of your summer is the start of my winter and therefore the climate theory doesn't work for me!

I'm still confused, but I'm so so glad to have stumbled across this forum. Thanks everyone, it really is so nice to know that I'm not alone. I've been meaning to get some vitamin supplements so I'll look at some of the ones mentioned in earlier posts. (Also being in Aus means I get plenty of vitamin D!).

Offline smokytopaz

• Registered member
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday October 01, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
Having made a new discovery myself, I will ask a stupid question, what shampoo are you using?

Offline kaatrin

• Registered member
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday October 01, 2013, 10:58:36 PM »
Having made a new discovery myself, I will ask a stupid question, what shampoo are you using?

I am using Free & Clear shampoo and conditioner.  They are awful, but when I slipped up and used regular stuff I broke out instantly.  I tested positive for "fragrance mix" on my patch test.  Does anyone know of any better shampoo that is without fragrance?

I am having continuous flare on my fingertips since December 2012.  I was 7 months pregnant when it started and it really flared up after the baby is born.  It is concentrated mostly on my thumbs and index fingers - makes even typing painful.   I do not really respond to steroids - I got Vanos cream from the doctor but it does not seem to do much.  During the last 10 months I have been finding new blisters every day.  I do not use anything with fragrance, I wear white cotton gloves most of the time and I avoid water like poison.  My fingertips are still raw and cracked.  Will it ever go away?  I am so embarrassed at work, I used to have really nice hands and nails always nicely done before this.  And the pain is sometimes so bad.

I noticed that if I touch dirty (dusty) things I get red spots on my hands that go away quickly.  I wonder if it is related.

I tested positive on patch tests for cobalt, gold, fragrance mix and blue dye. 

Offline smokytopaz

• Registered member
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday October 02, 2013, 08:29:22 AM »
I don't think they include this in patch tests but there is a preservative which is nowadays commonly used in shampoo, conditioner, wash up liquid, liquid detergent and baby wipes as well as a fair amount more. They are called methyl chloroisothiazolinone and methyl isothiazolinone, Isothiazolinone and Kathon CG. It can trigger atopic dermatitus and if you continue to get it on your skin this becomes severe and very closely resembles pompholyx. Since I discovered this, and I do have a tendency to react to preservative anyway as well as nickel - I have tried to eliminate it and my hands now are healing, looking much better than almost any time in the last three years. Most dermatologists don't recognise it yet, but as it is becoming more and more common they soon will. So maybe its in your personal care products, it almost certainly is in baby wipes. My skin now appears to be healing so I am hoping that I have finally found my answer. I know everyone is different, but it might be worth considering.

Offline kaatrin

• Registered member
« Reply #51 on: Monday October 14, 2013, 11:29:47 PM »
Hi Smokytopaz, actually Methylisothiazolinone + Methylchloroisothiazolinone was included in the patch testing I had done - I had the North American Series 80 patch test manufactured by Dormer - on their website there are detailed descriptions of the series. 

I am glad that you found something that you are sensitive to.  I still have no idea.  Now I am off steroid cream for 2 weeks and have huge breakout.  I am starting phototherapy next week.

Offline salvanost

• Registered member
« Reply #52 on: Sunday October 20, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »
well that's explain why i got some itch feel while using some soap and wet tissue
but my main trigger still from home made coffe, milk and tea

Offline smokytopaz

• Registered member
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday October 30, 2013, 05:03:38 PM »
A month into avoiding methyl chloroisothiazolinone and methyl isothiazolinone, checking everything that may touch my skin and changing the product to something that does have these in...... and? My hands are 95% clear and joy of joys also my feet.   :D It has not been easy finding substitutes nor has it been cheap but I am about there. Anyone want several bottles of shampoo, conditioner, washing up liquid, laundry detergent or packets of make up remover and baby wipes??

Offline Aquababe241

• SkinCell God
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday December 17, 2013, 09:16:59 PM »
Hi folks! Sorry to be so silly, but what is pompholyx? Is it blisters on the hands and feet soles that are very itchy? If so, while I was in Turkey for 2 weeks this year, I got a few on my hands and soles of my feet. I did not know what they were....

Anyway, when I returned back to the UK, the blisters disappeared on their own.  However, the rest of me was a flaking mess! I had to stop the medication that I had been taking for 4 years for something else, stop eating out and stop using all creams, ointments and salves except simple one-ingredient things like coconut oil, shea butter or olive oil.

Jason Vales juicing books practically saved my skin and sanity...! I will be forever grateful to him.

Obviously, we are all on different spectrums of learning curves when it comes to our skin and what we are willing to do to get it clear.

Having spent my teens in Nigeria and seeing people with flawless skin all around me, plus my own eczema going into remission while I was there and 8 years after returning to this country...I realised that Nigerians mostly have beautiful skin because they eat a lot of meaty stews made up of things like oxtail, liver, tripe, cow foot, chicken feet, neck, chicken gizzards etc. Nigerians eat these soups either meat, or fish based at least 2ce a day.

Even in their 60s onwards, they have beautiful skin.  I realised that in my quest to eat raw I have cut out these types of stews and as a result I am ageing very fast, especially after last year's flare up of seb derm on my face.

So what is so special about these stews? It is all the minerals and gelatin which the bones and skin provide when cooked real slow for several hours. Gelatin s the building block for collagen, which keeps joints young and supple and skin firm, smooth and wrinkle free, even in old age.  Call them bone broths aka Weston Price Foundation.  Most cultures do bone broths, or stews or chicken soups from scratch...Pardon the pun...

Since I cannot get organic cow feet in UK, I am opting for organic pigs feet.  Study the Chinese. Pigs feet broth is renowned for keeping their skin young and beautiful. And most of them have it everyday.

When ethnic people switch over to the Western diet, that is when their skin goes strange. Also, most people who stray away from how people used to eat pre World War 2 gradually, get more and more wonderful diseases which we are still at a loss as to how to treat.

Ah we'll..hope this leaves a few clues as to the answers...

Love from Aqua
It's really nice to be free, free to be me
I'd rather be free and happy
Than nobody and sad

Offline crisbabau

• Registered member
« Reply #55 on: Friday February 07, 2014, 06:32:19 PM »
Hello everyone,

I had Pompholyx since September 2012. I did not see any doctors and did not take any medication all this time. Based on my diet, I realized what kind of food triggered my flares. When I look at some of the pictures I took 8 months ago, I feel disgusted. One nail in particular was extremely deformed (see attached photo). That nail is normal again.

I realized that I had flares one day after I would eat anything that contained oil (any kind of oil). I stopped eating deep fried foods, deep fried chips, sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, almonds. My hands look a lot better now. I don't have any blisters anymore unless I eat the foods mentioned above.

Hope this helps someone in pain.

Offline cfcath

• Registered member
Pompholyx Advice - PLEASE READ
« Reply #56 on: Friday February 21, 2014, 02:56:49 PM »
Hello everyone.

In the Summer last year I was diagnosed with Pompholyx. I had been suffering with the dreaded itchy bumps/bubbles and dry skin to the point where my hand looked like that of a burn victim, it was so bad it looked like I had done the washing up with hydrochloric acid. Touching objects felt like I was holding my hand over a flame, and I ultimately had to walk around with bandages on my hands. They were in an absolute state, to the point where it was ruining my life. I totally understand what all of you are going through, it was horrible and something I hope never happens to me again, or to anyone for that matter.

It got so bad before my wedding that I was considering getting married with bandages on my hands, but luckily I managed to get some help. These forums have been such a great help to me that I thought I should take the time to post this message in the hope it helps someone else. I went through months of trying different products (E45 - all types, manuka honey, bulldog, allergenics, eucerin, aveeno, steroid cream, fungla cream... plus dozens and dozens more). I wont bore you with what didn't work, just with what did:

So, initially (after no creams worked, steroid cream just made them worse to begin) to clear the main bumps that were covering 90% of my hand I was prescribed steroid pills (prednisolone 30mg per day for two weeks). I took these and the bumps went away instantly. If you have a massive flare up, I can guarantee these help. Then, to clear the burning feeling and the dry tender skin, I CANNOT recommend this enough. Go and buy it now:

- Cetreben

It comes in a massive pot and is wonderful. It clears up dry skin in days and has hardly any ingredients, you can also use it to wash your hands as it lathers. It is brilliant.

So, I had another flare up on holiday, so I took the steroids again and they cleared straight up away, but obviously I couldn't keep taking Steroids. After lots of research and getting tips from other sufferers I started taking the following vitamins:

Zinc
Vitamin D3
Sea Kelp
B6
Flaxseed oil

These are about 8 quid a month from Holland and Barrett on average, it is affordable. I do not know if these help, because since taking these I have had a few small flare-ups, but nothing like before (touch wood). I regularly use cetreben and never ever touch or come into contact with other commercial washes, Cetreben also do a shower gel, and I hear natural products are OK. But I suggest avoiding cleaning products.

Anyway, after months I still have had the odd flare up, but in general I am controlling it using only cetreben and taking those supplements. If I ever get itchy, I take:

Benadryl Allergy relief

I take one of these a day to make sure I do not start itching, you can take up to three. They are great and two doctors have said one a day does not harm you. I also smear on some:

Cider Vinegar to itchy areas

It seriously relieves itching and dries the bubbles up, The smell wears off after 5 minutes or so too. I also apply:

Steroid cream (Dermovate) to clusters of bubbles. A think blob for a few days, I do not rub it into my skin

So... After tons of visits to the dermatologist I was convinced I had an allergy to something, I knew I would always have Pompholyx, but I KNEW something was contributing to it flaring up. I know it gets worse when:

I am hot / sweating
I am stressed
I drink a lot of alcohol, particularly if I sweat the next day
Handle lots of dusty objects
Drink a lot of coffee

But I assume that, in general, these would probably contribute to most Eczemas anyway, I knew there was something else. So after pushing and pushing and pushing I FINALLY got put through for patch-testing. It turns out that I have a REALLY big allergy to this:

Methylchloroisothiazolinone / Methylisothiazolinone (aka Kathon CG)

My back, after the patch test was SO itchy, and the results were VERY similar bubbles to Pompholyx on my hands. It is defintiely related. Now I know exactly what it is that I am allergic too, and this preservative is found in SO MANY different things, particularly head and shoulders (which I was using daily when my hands were at their worst). Please, if you take anything away from these ramblings, push for a patch test. I am not saying it will cure your Pompholyx, but if you are allergic to something it WILL stop flare-ups. I cant stress this enough.

So, in a nutshell, this is what helped me:

USE:
Cetreben moisturiser
Cetreben Shower Gel
Dr Organics Shampoos
Steroid Cream (do not overuse. Apply thick blobs to any appearing bubbles nice and early, do not rub in and do not use for more than a few days)
Cider Vinegar (Apply onto bubbles when they appear, it really helps itching and dries them up)

AVOID:
Anything with Methylchloroisothiazolinone / Methylisothiazolinone (aka Kathon CG)
Cleaning products
Excessive sweating when possible
Excessive alcohol when possible
Commercial washing products

TAKE (I do not know if this does help, but it doesn't harm you either way and is good for your skin):
Vitamin D3
Zinc
Sea Kelp (Iodine)
B6
Flaxseed Oil

ALSO:
Benadryl Allergy Relief, one a day

I hope this helps anyone suffering, I know what you are going through. It made my life miserable and still has an impact on my life now, but hopefully with the above you can keep it at bay. Please feel free to send me a PM if you want to know anything in more detail.

Cheers,

Sean
« Last Edit: Saturday February 22, 2014, 07:59:33 AM by M@t »

Offline Maria94

• Registered member
Alternative medicin against pompholyx
« Reply #57 on: Sunday August 24, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »
Hi, everyone!
My name is Maria, I'm 20 years old and I'm from Norway.
I have been struggling with what I strongly believe to be pompholyx for about two years now. One morning I woke up with swollen lips and a terrible aggressive incredible itching rash mainly on the inside of my hands and under my feet. Well, the rash wasn't that sudden, but my lips swolling up certainly was. I went to the emergency room and they told me it was some kind of allergy and gave me a pill for that.
After that incident I had no rash for half a year, but then it bursted out again. Frustrated I went from doctor to doctor, and none of them could offer me any help except to exclude any serious illness.
At last I went to a skin specialist and I thought I finally was going to be saved from this itching hell that had not only ruined my night sleep for a while, but my psyche was harmed too. I may sound a little melodramatic here, but people like you with the same condition may understand my feelings.
He offered me antibiotics and cortisone tablets, which are strong medicaments. They solved my problem but they also gave me a lot of side effects. I was also given strong steroid cremes and allergy pills to curb the itching.
These strong medicaments helped there and then, but as the skin specialist also admitted they would not solve the cause of the problem, but only treat the symptoms coming from it. I continued to get my rashes and the winter/spring of 2014 I had a rash every month (for over six months), and each outbreak lasted for three or four weeks, and this was with the assistance of strong steroids. The rashes under my feet made walking painful but the rash on both my hands was the worst; it kept me up at night.

Then, and here comes my miracle: My mother in law took me to her acupuncturist. At first I must admit I was a little skeptical, but I was willing to try anything that could cure me. I only needed one session with this acupuncturist. He took one look at both my hands which were full of rash, and then he took my pulse through my wrist. After doing so, he stated very specific what my problem was: I had a damage on my nerve, and the nerve damage was located on the left side of my chest. He then asked me if I could remember on which hand my rash first had outbursted. I honestly couldn't remember, and I told him so. Then he said firmly: "It was on your left hand, because that's were your damage is located."
I just laid there and looked at him like he had just seen through me or something. I have had some pain in my chest and in my left arm, but I didn't tell him about that because I couldn't imagine how that would be relevant to a rash on my hands and feet. When I got home I tried to think back at the time of my first outbreak, and then I remebered it actually had started at my left arm. The acupuncturist put a nail in my chest and instructed my boyfriend to press the spot of my nerve damage every day. When he pressed at that very spot it hurt so much I cried out in pain. He had definetly spotted something.

It has been three months since that visit. My boyfriend has been doing his homework and I have not had a single outbreak. I know it still hasn't been such a long time yet, but for almost a year now I have had outbreaks every single month, and now it's all gone.

I really wanted to tell you this, because I visited this forum when my pompholyx was at its very worse, and I sat here crying reading your posts about your symptoms and your frustration. I am fully aware that I cannot promise any of you anything, but I still want to encourage you to try acupuncture.
If you guys are like me and have tried every doctor and medicament there is, and was just as depressed as I when I read online there was no cure for this condition, please give this a try!

Thank you, that was all I wanted to say. I sympathize with all of you and I sincerely hope you will all get rid of this one way or another.

Best wishes from Maria. :)

Offline madeleine20

• Registered member
« Reply #58 on: Monday October 13, 2014, 05:51:57 AM »
Hello, I just wanted to share what I have discovered about pompholyx. I have had it on and off since I was about 6 so I have been through just about every treatment in the book. I know how much it can weigh on your self confidence, not to mention the physical disability and un-comfort it presents. So this is what I have found:

1. As annoying as it is, there is a trigger, and it seems to be different for everyone, you just need to find yours. I would definitely start with diet, thats what I did. When I would get an episode, I would stop eating dairy, gluten and sugar. And by slowly introducing these one at a time back into my diet and seeing my skin's reaction, I worked out that most definitely for me, it is sugar.

2. Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix with water (around 40/60) and soak your skin for about 10 minutes. When I have a really bad episode, as well as cutting out sugar, I hit it hard with the vinegar and it does wonders.

3. Stress or change. I find I will get an episode if I have moved somewhere new, or gone on holidays, or I am particularly stressed.

So these three things means that I never get a complete episode of pompholyx. EVER. I am sure if I cut out sugar permanently I would no longer get it at all, but it's hard !! I like cake lol. But if I do see the beginnings of it, those small blisters (which usually come if I have eaten alot of sugar over the last few days). I cut out sugar straight away and it never takes hold, it is gone within a couple of days with no interruption to my life at all, the beginnings aren't even really visible so I don't have to worry about being self conscious.

I hope this helps someone, don't give up hope on finding your trigger !!
Maddy