Poll

Dont know

What is this for
0 (0%)
I
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Happy regardless of topic  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Mslunarshadow

• Registered member
Happy regardless of topic
« on: Thursday March 10, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »
I'm happy I have found out (no thanks to docs) what this skin condition is. I have suffered with some form of it since I was 11 with docs telling me to shower better and that I was just plain old not a clean person. I thought to myself at 14 how many showers does a normal person take a day? I was doing what the do s sed and still getting worse. I never mentioned it to any one I was too ashamed. Not even to my own mom, I was just so horrified by this disease.  I am 32 now, and looking back, I see that my thoughts on it have still not changed.  I still feel gross, humiliated and ashamed. I now have a wonderful man that I wish to marry after a horrible 15 yr marriage to man who told me I was disgusting. He never mentions the lesions which I have prominately on my breasts and underarms as well as the scars from the last 17yrs on my groin area along with the welps I suffer from currently. We Have been together for 6 yrs. But I have trouble talking to him on this subject ( I guess big duh there huh) I'm afraid that he thinks that I'm cheating on him since I have just recently found out what was wrong with me and am on the Internet constantly looking things up on HS and reading blogs and looking at pictures about the disease since after almost 20 yrs dealing with this I have found out that not only am I not just dirty and i am not alone. I guess I would like to know how you others out ther might have handled or would handle this situation. My son who is 10 has also recently asked about the lesions when he saw me in a tank top which was to be worn under a shirt of course. I told him the kist of the HS problem And he asked if he was going to get it. So I guess I also have to ask if any of you have noticed a genetic thing in your children of this. Atleast i could prepare him just in case although my 17 yr old daughter shows no sighns or symptoms thank goodness. I guess I have rambled enough I am really so happy to have found a forum though where I can speak on this subject. I wish there was a chat or txt or something where we cud all talk if one of us was having a particularly bad day with it. Neway thank you all for listening to the ramblings of a crazy woman

Offline Mslunarshadow

• Registered member
Re: Happy regardless of topic
« Reply #1 on: Thursday March 10, 2011, 01:26:42 AM »
I hope that someone will reply. Let me know that you all are real people and not just another sad end to my outreach to someone who has been devastated by HS

Offline M@t

• Administrator
  • Admin Geezer
  • The World's Happiest Uncle
    • Matt's English Adventures Blog
« Reply #2 on: Thursday March 10, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
Hi there!

We're all real here!

I don't know that much about HS. There are a few active members with HS though, and I'm sure they'll post eventually.

Take care,
Matt
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
The Doppler Effect - Why bad ideas seem good when they are coming towards you at high speed. Don't rush things!!!

Offline gfpaperdoll

« Reply #3 on: Monday March 14, 2011, 01:50:52 AM »
Hi Ms. Lunar, sorry I hardly check this forum these days.  We are having a lot of success in putting people in remission with a gluten free - grain free - dairy free diet.  The other food triggers might be caffeine, artificial sugars, chocolate, white potatoes, nuts & seeds.  Most of us cannot eat rice - a grain, but I mention it because most people think rice is a harmless safe food...

Let me know if you are still checking this forum & if you want more information on HS.  Yes, it is a genetic auto-immune illness and has nothing to do with how many baths or showers that you take.  Stupid doctors...
Your children most likely will not get it. 

You want to change your diet and eat any meat, seafood, veggies, eggs, and fruits.  Eat as many whole foods as you can.  If you can learn to like Kale it is very good for you.  Cooked greens are also good to add to your diet.  Our grandmothers knew what they were saying when they said "eat your greens"!!  You can add full fat coconut milk to your diet to cook with in place of dairy milk.  & no, we do not tolerate goat or sheep cheese either, I will save you those trials..  We are also on facebook, "HS and Gluten Free"  you can also look me up I am Jeanne Webb & my avatar is a photo of red & yellow roses.
Hope you join us in your quest for remission.  Be sure to drink plenty of water.

Offline bouncy332

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday March 15, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
hey mslunar  :hi:

i'm new here too only just finding out today what my condition is

i'm now browsing round trying to find as many hints as to how to help myself with this

hope to bump into you on here in the future too  :hugs: