Author Topic: pompholyx :[  (Read 4375 times)

Offline deedan1

• Registered member
pompholyx :[
« on: Monday July 26, 2010, 09:41:48 PM »
I figured with what i read and from the images i viewed online and how connected i felt to other stories that i too had pompholyx. It began last summer around my feet after i had athletes foot, then after two weeks it went away it was the happiest moment of my summer i was afraid that the heat was also the cause of it so i feared summer, my summer is almost at its end this year the weather hasn't been hot at all and i have avoided wearing socks indoors , and i have been washing my feet carefully to prevent it from occurring again, i noticed that i was getting little blisters around my toe so i acted, it went away then a few days ago past and i began to itch and yesterday i noticed little blisters underneath the skin on my bottom right foot (its always the right foot)
..... :'(

I have some questions i hope someone could answer.

How to keep my feet moisturized when I have dry skin and sweaty feet? Soaps, lotions?

What products should i use to keep blisters away?  

What should i use to heal?

how much is a derm?

Im in college and ill be going soon, so im on a tight budget  :-\
I hope someone could answer one or all my questions, thank you for your time :)

Offline Big Ears

Re: pompholyx :[
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday January 11, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
I've been dealing with about the same condition for the last 2 years. I too need to wash my hands frequently (I work in a food production facility).
In the research and trials I've done with my own condition, here's what has worked for me:
1) Apple Cidar Vinegar is good, but I've gotten the same results (and much less stink) from Witch Hazel - and I didn't go for the soak, just cotton ball application. Seems to calm down the active phase of the condition. I actually pierce the blister and apply a generous amount of Witch Hazel to the blister.

2) Acitretin: No anti-depressants here, but I'm currently on a Vitamine A derivative called Acitretin (Soriatane). I've experimented with 25 mg/day and 50 mg/day (one or two pills). If you have visited a dermatologiest, they can perscribe this med. Only issue is that women looking to get pregnant should not take this drug. I didn't really see if you were a woman or a man, but this drug helped control outbreaks for me. Side effects: dry cracking lips, and peeling dry hands. It beats having the little blisters, though!
http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=444

3) Tanning! (UV light therapy). Seems strange, but I'm going more and more to the tanning booth - cause it helps keep the tiny blisters away. I'm looking into getting a hand/foot Narrow Band UVB tanning system for home use - so my wife quits calling me "the tan man".
http://www.natbiocorp.com/

4) I used it much more 5 months ago and kind of fell off with it, but I had thought that Tea Tree Oil seemed to keep the blisters away, too. I don't know how effective it was, cause I now have replaced it with a tar/Sylalic Acid/Betamethasone ointment that the dermatologiest made special for my conditon. I guess it's working. http://www.wedgewoodrx.com/items/betamethasone-lcd-salicylic-acid-ointment.html

All in all, the condition is up and down - even with all these treatments listed above. My best results have been with #2 and #3 above. They really seem to make a big difference.
But, to tell you the truth, I'm getting a bit tired of the drug. It's making my eyebrows get really thin and my body hair as well. I know body hair is not usually though to be attractive, but when it's happening because of your skin meds, it is concerning at the least.

Good Luck and welcome to our wonderful world!
Take Care,
BIG EARS

Offline carolethecatlover

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday August 24, 2011, 07:50:01 PM »
Get rid of the athlete's foot.  A non-visible infection, called a colonization, can still cause the allergy that is dyshidrosis.
BURN your socks, throw out old shoes and wash with bleach and white vinegar ones you keep.  Wash sheets with bleach.
Soak your feet in  white vinegar//dilute 50/50  smother the footsies in Canestan or other AF cream before bed and wear socks to bed.
I am a podiatrist studying this, and I see it a lot. 

Offline Rachel_88

• Registered member
« Reply #3 on: Friday July 01, 2016, 09:42:19 AM »
Hey. I also have these problems.
« Last Edit: Friday July 01, 2016, 10:41:01 AM by Rachel_88 »