Author Topic: Surgeries  (Read 2769 times)

Offline avenger298

• Registered member
Surgeries
« on: Sunday July 18, 2010, 01:32:40 AM »
Hey guys I have had a couple surgeries both in my armpits. I am writing a blog that has pictures as well so that people going in for surgery can know what they are getting into... or at least somewhat anyway. Everyones surgery will obviously go different, but I just thought it would be helpful. So please go check it out if you have questions ask me in a comment and I will try to answer as best I can. Some of the pictures are obviously pretty gross. http://hidradenitissuppurativa-tracy.blogspot.com/ http://hidradenitissuppurativa-tracy.blogspot.com/

Thanks! Have a great day!

Trac

Offline johnboy

• Registered member
Re: Surgeries
« Reply #1 on: Friday August 13, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »
Hello I have just read your blog and think you ahve done a fantastic job for many of us...well done.

I am basically at the end of the road in so much as wide excision surgery is the only option as all else has been tried and failed. I have suffered for many years although only been diagnosed 10 months....I am at stage 3 of the disease and have upto now had sugery 6 times to drian, remove sacks, sinus tracts etc....Now I have 5 open sites permanently leaking, looking very similar to your pics in general with one sight quite a bit worse than any others I have see. The red rings are awful, painful and difficult to deal with, them from the leaking infection.

My problem is my plastic surgeon says he has to take 2 very large pieces from each groin / thigh area and I am unsure as to if I can go ahead with it....my own dr is trying to out me off and the plastic surgeon says it is a last resort and he expects it to be a long recovery / healing process. I am just unsure as to what to do....

Anyway thank you so much for you blog, the information for someone in a similar situation is brilliant as it is just not available anywhere else like you have done it.

Well done and good luck.

John