Author Topic: Suggest a doctor in India.  (Read 4147 times)

Offline hssufferer

• Registered member
Suggest a doctor in India.
« on: Friday March 26, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
Hello everybody,

Can you please suggest a good doctor whom i can consult in India.

I am based in Bangalore,India.

Pls help.

Thanks,
AJ

Offline gfpaperdoll

Re: Suggest a doctor in India.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday March 27, 2010, 05:58:02 AM »
I do not know of a doctor in India, but you might check into omitting dairy and wheat, rye, oats & barley from your diet.

Offline hssufferer

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Saturday March 27, 2010, 08:20:17 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

To omit those from my diet means to go Gluten free right?I have heard that only if a person has Celiac he has to go on a gluten free diet else not.Is that true? how do i check if i have celiac?

Much appreciated.

Thanks,
Aj

Offline gfpaperdoll

Gluten Free & HS
« Reply #3 on: Sunday March 28, 2010, 05:24:26 AM »
Yes gluten free.  The real test is if you go gluten free and dairy free and omit those things from your diet, say give it a go for 8 weeks & be strict, then if your HS gets better then you know you have a gluten problem.

You can eat all meats, seafood, vegetables and fruit & nuts if you can tolerate nuts.  Prepared simply at home with no soy sauce which is made out of wheat unless you find one that is made out of soy.  But, you should be careful not to eat too much soy at first until you start getting well & can tell what is bothering you in the way of food.

One thing I know is that it is something that you are eating that is causing the boils.  HS is a genetic autoimmune illness just like celiac.  The only known trigger to an autoimmune illness is gluten.   There could be other triggers but people that are studying autoimmune illnesses look at the gluten because it is the only one that is known. 

Going Gluten free  will not cure your HS but your symptoms will abate unless glutened.  Some people can tell a difference in days.  The problem is that you could have mutiple food intolerances or you might be lucky not have any additional food intolerancs.  It really depends on the genes that you have.  Some of the other common food intolerances are soy, dairy, corn, nuts, chocolate, & eggs.

here is a thread on Gluten Free & HS http://www.glutenfreeandbeyond.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3729

You can also read on this forum about taking B12 & D. 
jeanne

Offline hssufferer

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Friday April 02, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
Thanks Jeanne for all the info.very helpful.

I have been recommended by the doctor to go for a surgery.I am confused.I believe i am in the stage 1 of HS.

What does your experience say?

Blessings,
AJ

Offline gfpaperdoll

Try the diet !!!
« Reply #5 on: Saturday April 03, 2010, 03:34:04 AM »
Stage 1 - totally do not do the surgery.  You can be fairly healed pretty quickly if you change your diet.  I think diet is totally worth changing before surgery!  I think that you will regret it if you have the surgery. 

There are additional posts on HS-U.S.A. forum about people trying diet changes & it is working for them.  I nearly fell out of my chair the other day when I read a post from the guy that is head of that forum & he mentioned to someone that the Gluten Free diet was working for some people.

I will try to add another post to my thread on gluten free and beyond forum this weekend.  I have permission to post from a lady on a Yahoo forum that is telling everyone to try the gluten free diet.  I think she also has other food issues but got them all figured out etc.

I will check back here tomorrow.  If you want you could post what your typical food choices are for one day & I could try to give you some alternates.  Feel free to PM me if you want to.

You can do this...
jeanne