Author Topic: Granuloma annulare  (Read 4287 times)

Offline slowalker

• Registered member
Granuloma annulare
« on: Saturday February 20, 2010, 04:45:15 PM »
Hiya,
new member here, but I just had to post this new experience!  I have had GA for 2 years now, on my hands, and I have tried lots of things.  Last night I read about someone using a mixture of Tea Tree Oil/Vitamin E/Emu Oil in equal amounts.
My hands were really itchy and red after doing house cleaning stuff all day (I should use gloves) so I decided to try this.
I only had the Tea Tree Oil and Emu oil, so I mixed them in equal amounts and applied it to my hands.  The itching intensified!  I decided to apply more Emu oil, (a couple of times) and just kept rubbing it in gently.   After about 10 minutes the itching subsided enough that I could do other things.
This morning there is a noticeable difference in how the GA looks!  Much less red and raised.  No itch.  Wow!  I am going to get the Vit E today and add it to the mix, and will use 2 times a day (or maybe more).
Will let you  know what happens.  If anyone else tries it, please let me know your results.
By the way, has anyone tried the herbal stuff listed as "cures" like Greneton, Granoffin?

Offline jackson12

• Registered member
Re: Granuloma annulare
« Reply #1 on: Monday April 19, 2010, 11:44:13 AM »
I have had GA for about 2 years.  I started using Doxycline 100mg per day (for acne) and the GA is clearing up.  It has only been a few weeks but is almost completely gone. 

Offline wildwitch51

• Registered member
« Reply #2 on: Sunday July 11, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »

Hi everyone - I was diagnosed with GA 19 years ago - tried just about every treatment without success but was then diagnosed with Coeliac nearly 3 years ago.  Following a Gluten and Wheat free diet has totally eliminated my GA.

It is not easy initially - you have to become an expert in choosing your food and understanding all of the ingredients.  I tend to batch cook meals and freeze individual portions.

You also have to ensure that you do not unintentionally cross contaminate so you need your own pans/chopping boards/butter/jam etc.  I initially cut out only Gluten but then had a flare up of GA about a year ago and believe that this is down to Wheat - some Gluten free foods still contain Wheat starch.  Cutting out all of the Wheat related products has meant that the GA has cleared again

Good Luck everyone

Kirstie

Offline alice52347

• Registered member
« Reply #3 on: Friday July 16, 2010, 06:30:31 AM »
Hiya,
new member here, but I just had to post this new experience!  I have had GA for 2 years now, on my hands, and I have tried lots of things.  Last night I read about someone using a mixture of Tea Tree Oil/Vitamin E/Emu Oil in equal amounts....
I only had the Tea Tree Oil and Emu oil, so I mixed them in equal amounts and applied it to my hands.  The itching intensified!  I decided to apply more Emu oil, (a couple of times) and just kept rubbing it in gently.   After about 10 minutes the itching subsided enough that I could do other things.
This morning there is a noticeable difference in how the GA looks!  Much less red and raised.  No itch.  Wow!  I am going to get the Vit E today and add it to the mix, and will use 2 times a day (or maybe more).
============================================================================
I've suffered from GA for about 6 yrs. now.  I also read the same post about the oil mixtures...it's posted on several forums.  (I looked for cheapest oils and came out to over $30 for ingredients, kinda pricey)  I've tried it for 5 days now twice a day and it's not doing anything.  :-[  Waste of money.  The thing is with GA is that it changes appearance day to day in response to weather (esp humidity I've noticed), and types of foods, etc.  So that is deceptive.

Offline idiotbynature

• Registered member
« Reply #4 on: Friday August 10, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »
I've had GA off and on for about 15 years now....  each time it comes back it's spread a bit more, to the point that I have it all up my legs and a bit on my arms and the backs of my hands.  I've tried the apple cider thing - went through 3 bottles, drinking a couple of tablespoons in hot water and honey each morning religiously.  It made no difference at all to the GA.
Most recently, I've been rubbing coconut oil on my skin, and after a few weeks, I'm seeing a definite difference....   The backs of my hands are getting better.  I was afraid the scarred skin would not go away, but my hands look better than they have in a long time.  The GA on my legs is more stubborn, but I'm seeing some improvement there too.  It's hard to say for sure that it's the coconut oil that's doing it - the GA seems to come and go in waves over the years, so I can't say for sure that it's not just going into remission again.  Also, I've been ingesting coconut oil everyday (on toast, popcorn, instead of other oil in frying eggs, etc....)
I hope this helps someone!

Offline Sharon Lee

• Registered member
« Reply #5 on: Sunday January 13, 2013, 04:44:50 AM »
Hello everyone,

I've had GA now for about 40 years.  It seems that it began just after the birth of my first child.  I've had very poor results with any derm products recommended by physicians.  It has appeared on my legs, elbows and feet.  It always appears as a ringworm infection, but then grows to unbelievable proportions.  The flare-ups typically begin after a bout in the hospital (childbirth, breast cancer, hysterectomy) or something else that seems to affect my immune system.

By accident, when visiting an extremely dry climate (Colorado), I used Vaseline to stop the cracking of my feet.  I also had an outbreak of GA at the time and decided to apply the Vaseline to the area as well.  Much to my surprise, the GA stopped spreading.  Also, over a few months time, the rash began to diminish and flatten out. It has never completely disappeared, but at least I'm now able to leave the house without long pants.

For those of you who've had little success with Rx types of solutions, try this.  It's worth trying, and it's cheap.

:)