Author Topic: Hi I am new - granuloma annulare  (Read 2550 times)

Offline slowalker

• Registered member
Hi I am new - granuloma annulare
« on: Saturday February 20, 2010, 03:58:03 PM »
How great to find folks that have the same conditions/concerns!
I started developing itchy spots on one hand about 2 years ago, and when they turned circular I thought I had ringworm!  But no, it took another 12 months of research to diagnose the GA, and then only because a friend has it as well.  I have it on both hands,
I am interested in learning about what alternative treatments have worked for other folks...the drugs are just too scary for me.

I just read about combining Tea Tree Oil/Vit E oil/Emu oil in equal amounts and applying this 2 times a day.  I have the Tea tree and Emu oils, so I mixed some up last night and applied it.  My GA was pretty itchy, and applying this stuff made it itch even more for awhile.  I applied more pure Emu oil a couple of times, gently rubbing it in, until the itchy feeling subsided.  This morning I see big difference!  Less raised edges, less redness, skin much softer!  Wow!  I'll be continuing with this treatment (adding the Vit E oil) to see what happens over the next month or so.
Looking forward to reading more about what all of you have discovered!

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
Re: Hi I am new - granuloma annulare
« Reply #1 on: Friday February 26, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »
Glad you found something that seems to be working! And welcome!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline frankmc

• Registered member
granuloma annulare
« Reply #2 on: Monday July 04, 2016, 08:17:37 PM »
Granuloma annulare--a manifestation of infection with Borrelia?
Ziemer M1, Grabner T, Eisendle K, Baltaci M, Zelger B.
Author information

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Among the theories of origin of granuloma annulare (GA) are those of infection. Reports gave raise to the assumption that there is evidence for Borrelia as the causing agent.
METHODS:
To assess the evidence for infection with Borrelia in GA, tissue sections were stained with a polyclonal Borrelia antibody. With focus-floating microscopy (FFM), slides were scanned at a 200- to 400-fold magnification. Part of the material was also investigated with a Borrelia-specific polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
RESULTS:
A total of 157 biopsies of GA have been investigated. Using FFM, Borrelia were detected in 127 cases of GA (80.9%). Borrelia were more prominent in localized (85.2%) than in diffuse GA (62.1%). In 27 cases of GA analysed by PCR, Borrelia-specific DNA could be detected in only one case (3.7%), but was positive in 21 cases by FFM (77.8%). About 93.3% of 15 control cases of borreliosis were positive with FFM and 46.7% with PCR, while all controls other than borreliosis remained negative for spirochetes.
CONCLUSION:
FFM is a reliable method to show Borrelia in tissue sections of GA, which is more sensitive than PCR. This underlines the possibility that Borrelia are involved specifically in the aetiology and pathogenesis of GA.
PMID: 18616764 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]