Author Topic: Hi, I have Hs Stage 3  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Jnay

• Registered member
Hi, I have Hs Stage 3
« on: Saturday October 10, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and Im so glad I found it  :)

I was diagnosed with HS 17 yrs ago and have dealt with it on my own, mainly through being embarrassed about going to the doctors.
But the last 2 yrs have been awful so I made an appoinment with the derm dept at my local hospital and went yesterday.
They wanted to do surgery but I want the least invasive treatment possible, if they dont work I will try surgery but I wanna try other things first.
They put me on antibiotics for 3 months and gave me a skinwash.
Im hopeful with the antibiotics cos i have had HS for so long and had no treatment for it, I dont know, im just optimistic about it lol

My HS in in my groin and at the moment I have one behind my ear.
I have had then under my breasts in the past but never under my arms.

I gave up smoking 2 yrs ago and although I was over weight, I lost 5 stone and my HS got worse when I lost the weight.
I have a few female cousins that have HS and I know my Nan had it too though it was never diagnosed , her doctor just used to say that she was prone to boils!!!!
I hope to get this condition under control and get out and enjoy life, 17 yrs was too long to be a prisoner in my own home. I soooooo  wanna get a job and be active again

Hope to meet new friends here, I am in the north west of England

Offline Jnay

• Registered member
Re: Hi, I have Hs Stage 3
« Reply #1 on: Saturday October 17, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »
Well its been a week since I posted in the hope of talking to fellow sufferers of HS
36 people have read my post and not one of them could find the time to just say hi to me!!!!

A total waste of time!

Offline smokey

• cheeky girl!!!!
Re: Hi, I have Hs Stage 3
« Reply #2 on: Friday October 30, 2009, 07:36:37 PM »
dont get so downhearted, when i first joined this site it was really busy not so many people on now, jst busy thats all, believe me this site is not a waste of time some of the information you could gather could be very useful to you, i dont yet know of anyone who has not gained something from it, I too have hs but unlike you I didnt wait for years to get diagnosed, I got diagnosed approx 3 years ago and only just recently found out what triggers mine, look around the site not just the hs board there are many tips on pain control, remedies, things to soothe the pain eg vicks vaporub, yep put some of this on a hot itchy lump and feel the soothing coolness, dont give up, i dont have as much time as I would like to be on here, if you havnt already, post on the introduce myself board first, I hope the antis work for you, you didnt say what they were, but stick with it if you can, keep your chin up xxxxx
Life is for living, not worrying about tomorrow.