Author Topic: Granuloma Annulare - natural remedy  (Read 174420 times)

Offline Aimerlou

• Registered member
Re: Granuloma Annulare - natural remedy
« Reply #60 on: Saturday January 24, 2015, 03:26:31 PM »
I'm 34 and was diagnosed about a year ago but I've had it for years! I always just assumed that it was some sort of heat rash since it only appeared when I was on vacation or sometimes in the summer. In the last year it has been more consistent.
I have tried many different things to try and help to get rid if it: Apple cider vinegar, cutting out wheat, creams....but nothing has worked. I've the last few months I have been monitoring it though and have noticed that it tends to flare up two weeks before I get my period. Has anyone else noticed this as well? That hormones are playing a roll in the flare ups? Once my period arrives it disappears, for the most part. 
It used to flare up across my chest but lately it's only attacking the upper part of my arms and a few spots on my stomach. Heat makes it worse and very itchy as well.
I'm almost desperate to find some relief. I went to Florida last year and spent most of the time with a sweater on as it rapidly spread all over my chest arms and knock as soon as I was in the sun. I am planning a trip to Maui in June and do not what the same thing to happen there as well.
Any help would be appreciated!

Offline cg6122

• Registered member
« Reply #61 on: Friday October 16, 2015, 03:29:09 PM »
Hello, My name is Christa. I am 28 years old and I live in south Florida.

I was just diagnosed today with GA after about 8 months of treatment for acne! Yes, my dermatologist thought it was acne and prescribed me everything under the sun to treat it but it just got worse. The GA is unfortunately on my face and thats why the doctor thought it was acne. I went to a new dermatologist today who diagnosed me with GA. He prescribed me a cortisone ointment called Ultravate. I will let you know the results.

I've been reading up on GA and its a little daunting. I'm thankful to find this group. Honestly I would rather have this anywhere else on my body instead of my face. Its so embarrassing... I use to have beautiful skin and never really wore makeup. At first I was covering it up daily. I didn't even go to the grocery store without covering it up. Now I'm at a point where I just don't care. I use a light powder (which barely does anything) to cover it up. I just can't be caking on the makeup every day.

I've read through all the posts which have been very helpful. I'm definitely beginning to think its a problem with my immune system. Some of you suggested Vitamin D, Zinc, no wheat diet, apple cider vinegar and going out in the sun. I'm going to gradually start trying these things and let everyone know the result.

::FINGERS CROSSED::

Offline Alvino

• Registered member
« Reply #62 on: Friday October 30, 2015, 02:18:55 AM »
My GA which I had on the back of my right hand since 2010 or so is gone. Except for a small scar in one location, there is no trace of it. None.

I "juiced" green veggie juice for 3 straight months. 600 calories of it per day. 18 kale leaves, 2 cucumbers, 1 or two zuchinnis or squash, 10 sticks of celery, 1 small apple, and 2" of raw ginger root.... In a brevelle juicer.  Not the pulp, only the juice. 60 to 80 ounces of it a day.  When i didn't or couldn't make my own juice i used "Suja Mighty Green Essentials" which i bought at costco.  Close enough.

To this diet i added two or three eggs, usually hard boiled (you need protein), a few almonds, and 12 or 16 oz of rassberries every day. I also occasionally had a little meat.  Hardly any processed foods at all. Zip.  None. Gave up all coffee, all soda, and most bread.

My G.A. Is gone!!  I know it was GA cause it was biopsied by my dematologist who said there was no cure for it. I may have found the cure.  Side effects include feeling better than ever, having twice the energy i used to have, and general perfect health.

After 6 weeks i learned to crave the green juice.  Didnt like it at first but now i love it.  Best of all, the supposedly uncurable GA is gone.
« Last Edit: Friday October 30, 2015, 02:38:16 AM by Alvino »

Offline Alvino

• Registered member
« Reply #63 on: Thursday February 25, 2016, 07:57:56 PM »
It's the end of February now in 2016 and still no trace of the GA after getting rid of it by drinking 500 to 600 calories of Green Veggie juice every day for 3 months straight.  Over half of my calories were from the veggie juice.

GA is supposed to have no cure.  I'm now convinced that I cured mine with green veggie juice.  No reoccurance so far.   Completely (and I mean completely) gone from my elbows, my arms, and worst of all the backs of my hands.  I hope this helps somebody.

Offline kaitlin0414

• Registered member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday June 30, 2016, 08:06:56 PM »
Hi everyone!

Here is what I would love to do. I would love to compile a list of email addresses and start some kind of spreadsheet where we can list our personal experience with GA. Obviously, no one has to use their real names if they don't want- I realize this is the internet! If we get enough traction, I would love to eventually present this to some well-known dermatologists and doctors. At the least, we may be better able to unearth some cures or causes ourselves. Would anyone/everyone be up for doing this? If there is enough interest, I will take the next month or so to start posting on other sites to gather as much GA people as possible. If anyone has a better idea than emails and spreadsheets, please throw it out there. I would love to be able to view it all, though, rather than bouncing around to a million different sites.

Things we would need to include on the spreadsheet:

1. Years with GA.
2. Symptoms (red, itchy, etc)
3. Location
4. Known food and environmental allergies (wheat, sugar, mold, etc)
5. Known health disorders (diabetes, thyroid, cancer, etc)
6. What treatments have worked, and for how long has the GA stayed away? (Apple Cider Vinegar, juicing, sunscreen, getting more sleep, cutting out food groups, etc)

My GA experience: It started about ten years ago, when I was 18, as a little spot on my forehead. Over the next eight years, a spot or two would show up randomly and then disappear. This past year it has become its worst yet- climbing up both sides of my neck, on my chest, and now some are starting to spot my face and hands. They are flesh colored, thank goodness, with a little red inflammation on the edges.

I have poured myself into research, and the best advice I can give anyone is: don't try shots, light therapy, creams, pills, etc. All of that is a temporary fix and has long-term repercussions that are not worth it. Auto-immune disorders are caused by stress, allergies, etc. GA is caused by something we are putting into our bodies, and therefore, we must find out 1. what that is and 2. how to remove it. Not everyone is the same- your GA could be caused by diabetes, the sun, stress, anxiety, wheat, dairy, exercise, etc. The trick is to try a variety of different cures to see which works best for you. Ideally, you want to experiment with natural cures first since these have only positive effects on your body.

Offline candacea

• Registered member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday September 15, 2016, 05:55:05 PM »
I am 45 and have had granuloma annulare since I was 8 years old. It has always been on my feet/ankles. Recently it has made its way to a spot on my waist and now on my breasts. My dermatologist said it was the worst case she has ever seen (that was when it was only on my feet/ankles at 8 years old). I have tried topical cortisone only and have dealt with it so long that I never worried much about it. It has come and gone but seems to get a lot worse during the summer months (I assume because of sun exposure). I don't know why it has gotten so bad this year as I haven't been out much.

I am hoping to find remedies from something like essential oils - I am trying to cut back on what drugs I am on. My health history is CFS and Fibromyalgia, as well as hypothyroidism, IBS and restless legs.  I am wondering if all of this as well as the granuloma are all connected.  Sadly I just started gabapentin (antidepressent) for my fibro, so I am avoiding other drugs and hopeful that I can find something else that might help out with the granuloma - I have hit my limit with this crap when it makes it to my breasts!

Any advice would be helpful if anyone knows of an essential oil or other natural remedy that might help me.
« Last Edit: Thursday September 15, 2016, 06:00:21 PM by candacea »