Author Topic: ppp and joint problems?  (Read 2943 times)

Offline arctic

• Registered member
ppp and joint problems?
« on: Tuesday September 01, 2009, 07:12:11 PM »
hi
i'm new here.

i got problems with two fingers 14? years ago. first these bubbles under the skin and then problems with the joints. this spread from one finger to another, and now all the fingers and joints and the wrists are horrible. the bubbles are now very rare, but the joints are awful. the last 4 years i have been unable to write and knifes/forks/shoe lices etc are very difficult. the pain comes and goes, sometimes almost nothing, and then Bang, on again. seems like they come hardest and most often when i have been exhausted and then have time to relax again. and it is bad when i sit much still, for example for exam reading.
i was at the hospital some years ago and diagnosed with probably ppp, and nothing to do about it.
also i have got really bad coordination in the fingers (the reason why i can't write... i loose the pencil and can't controll it at all), and bad reflexes. since i'm quite active in many tough sports i have broken fingers 20-30 times too, probably because of the reflexes, because there is nothing wrong with the bones.

have any other of you with ppp these problems with joints in the hands?
the doctors at home don't understand this, and now i live over 1000km from the nearest doctor...

btw. i'm a 22 year old girl and use no medications

arctic

sorry for the mistakes in english, not my favourite language, but hopefully you understand ;)
« Last Edit: Tuesday September 01, 2009, 07:18:35 PM by arctic »
god bedring : )

Offline CaresseD

Re: ppp and joint problems?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday September 01, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »
I sent you a personal message about this, so click on "My Messages" and you will see my message!

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday September 02, 2009, 04:16:39 PM »
Hi arctic and welcome to SC!

I have osteo in some of my knuckles closest to the finger nails. I think I had that before the PPP.

Yours is somewhat different I suspect, and Caresse is a great person for that!

Do you live in the arctic?

Jane
It's a good day when you laugh!

Offline CalamityJane

• SkinCell Grand
  • of Whimsy
  • Dogs speak every language!
« Reply #3 on: Thursday September 03, 2009, 03:12:36 AM »
Hi arctic, we have a whole thread dedicated to PPP and it's problems, located here:

http://www.skincell.org/community/index.php/topic,23555.0.html

I have just posted a reply there. We look forward to you joining us and sharing your thoughts and story further.

Jane
It's a good day when you laugh!