Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 22278 times)

Offline gfpaperdoll

An 11 Day Success Story!!
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday February 17, 2010, 12:24:40 AM »
There is another person posting on my thread on the Gluten Free and Beyond Forum, she has been on the gluten free diet for 11 days now & is seeing some old spots that she has had for TWO years - almost gone!!!!!

Here is the link - some good posts... http://www.glutenfreeandbeyond.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3729&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

jeanne

P.S. Liga Girl/Vicki, I am reading about a lot of skin problems from corn!!!!  Of course I think that you should also be soy free, and dairy free, but corn is in everything & could be the missing link that you are overlooking...

Offline gfpaperdoll

New Findings
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday September 07, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
I have recently discovered that not only do people with HS have a problem with gluten, sugar and dairy but that in general we cannot tolerate the normal amount of carbs that most people eat.

So just going on a gluten free diet & eating gluten free grain treats will not work.

Most of us that are in remission are on a low carb diet with the occasional "carb treat".  Please read the thread mentioned in the previous post on the Gluten Free and Beyond Forum.

Basically you want to be gluten free and dairy free & give up other grains.  So that would be grain free.

Some of us can tolerate the occasional rice, corn or other carbs but we find that the occasional consumption is best.  Eating something more than one day in a row - usually will result in a boil for us - or major pain.  It is a process to change your diet for something that works for you.

I have been mostly grain free for many years.  My main trigger foods are dairy, rice, chocolate and nuts.
I cannot eat rice at all - one grain causes me very bad problems.  I can eat chocolate once every 7 to 10 days.  I cannot eat nuts or sesame seeds at all.  I can sometimes get away with a little dairy.

I seem to be okay with a little corn, occasionally.

Offline gfpaperdoll

"Sugar the Bitter Truth"
« Reply #42 on: Saturday September 18, 2010, 05:24:41 AM »
This is an hour & a half video by an MD - totally worth the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

enjoy
jeanne