Author Topic: Pompholyx Eczema  (Read 52233 times)

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
  • Administrative Bleeper!
  • Token Nutcase :D
Re: Pompholyx Eczema
« Reply #20 on: Friday August 29, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
:) Hope you have as much luck with it as I did. :D Let me know how it goes!
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline SarahM

• Registered member
« Reply #21 on: Monday September 22, 2008, 10:52:41 PM »
So after much searching I believe this is the condition I have.  I have never had this condition in my life and it first appeared when I started a job at a call center for Tmboile.  I was getting the first on my toes and tops of my feet and it progressed to my palms and fingers.  I have since left that job but my person relationship continues to put a ton of stress on me and I believe this is my top contributor.

I just wanted to say to everyone on this thread has given me so much hope that I can take care of the small bumps myself (because I don't have insurance).  I am trying on things at a time that way I figure out the best treatment for myself.  Today I ran cold water over my hands to clean them, then soaked in hydrogen peroxide, dabbed neospoirin on the few spots that I have broken open, and then finally massaged eucerin cream into my hands.  The feel a bit better but still a bit itchy. =(  I really hate it though, before I discovered this site and the recommendations on here I was becomes more and more depressed with the condition of my hands. Especially when I've always had very soft skin without too much work.  I am really hoping this will soothe them enough so they just go away and of course I am also trying to relax.  ;D

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Monday September 22, 2008, 11:39:12 PM »
Good luck with it, love. Don't forget the vinegar... it also keeps hands smooth. Unless I'm mistaken, this stuff takes a while to show up, so it's not really uncommon for it to happen all of a sudden later in life. (It hit me when I got married.)

And welcome to skincell!! :hi:
I'm more confused than a mood ring on a paranoid bipolar schizophrenic chameleon in a bag of skittles!

Offline badhands

• Registered member
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday October 22, 2008, 04:25:42 AM »
I suddenly started getting breakouts of pompholyx exzema about 6 years ago after first child was born. It seemed to come and go and get very bad at times. I tried all kinds of treatments and was left frustrated. I have know found out what might be only effective solution that works for me. Looking around and seeing a common treatment for this was anti-biotics and a distilled solution always containing vinegar. Remembering something I learned about our washing machine was vinegar kills the mold that accumulates in you washing machine from wet clothes. Which got me to thinking.... Why would my hands break out more at night than during the day and why do they break out more during stress. My conclusion was stress caused my hands to be more sweaty and the pillow I slept on would support my sweaty head that I wrapped my hands around....So not only do you need to keep your hands and body clean before bed but try throwing your pillow in the dryer to kill some of the nasties. Also straight distilled vinegar ( soak for at least 3 minutes will sting but no pain no gain) will show breakout you never knew you had ( soak every night before bed. I try not to use cream at night.) I also use a aloe and grean tea hand wash that derma labs makes. This treatment is something I am using with the current breakout along with a steriod cream when they get to dry.

Offline badhands

• Registered member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday October 22, 2008, 03:22:56 PM »
I have found something very interesting. In researching this I have learned something very essential. Why had I contracted this all ofa sudden six years ago and not before then? I believe this eczema is somehow directly related to candida. I searched post and saw some of the symptoms from some of the other posts. They seemed to be things I suffered from also so I was curiuos as to the cause and treatment. First off it has something to do with the bad bacteria. fungis in your body's stomache and digestive system. Which seemed plausible since vinegar kills fungis and mold and was an effective treatment for pompholyx treatment. As I began to search more I learned of a common good bacteria known as L-acidopholus. I knew I had seen this somewhere and really didn't want to spend a fortune on supplements. What I found is most yogurts contains this good bacteria. I have been eating yogurt for only 2 days and have already noticed the difference not only in my hands but in my digestive sytem. I will keep you updated as to how this works.

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday October 22, 2008, 03:27:29 PM »
I believe this eczema is somehow directly related to candida.

I am very interested in this. Candida rashes are probably my worst skin problem... it takes constant... personal maintenance... to prevent, whereas my pompholyx is something I can afford to forget about for a day.

Interestingly, I have apparently been this way for my entire life... Mama says my diaper rashes were something to behold when I was a baby. And I get the world's worst case of sailor's seat... ugh.

Please, let me know what you find out!

Offline badhands

• Registered member
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday October 22, 2008, 06:47:47 PM »
It seems that this bad fungis or yeast, appears to have an affect on our immune system which fights off infection causing the skin to become hyper sensitive. That is why there can be many different contributers depending on the person that has it. So there can be any trigger that will cause a breakout, it all depends on the individual. It was obvious when someone posted they had pompholyx and were physically fit. Most foods these days are shipped and distributed ( sitting for longer periods of time than 30 years ago ) My emphasis now is to try local foods or organic with a good dose of good bacteria injested into system. Most people who have this love bread products ( yeast ) and I think this could be a contributor to breakouts ( ate pizza buffet and got breakout ). I am going to try anything and everything right now as I have more time to devote. I can say the vinegar has helped.

Offline badhands

• Registered member
« Reply #27 on: Thursday October 23, 2008, 03:54:39 PM »
I have become the regular now. Upon further research their seems to be something else very simple and non-abtrusive. It can help diabetes, and fights fungal infections internally and externally. Its as simple as taking a pill that contains cinnamon. My mother took these to control sugar levels when metmorphin was unavailable. It seems to also fight externally just like the apple cider vinegar does. It probably smells better too. You can buy clove oil and cinnamon pills at local health food stores so I think this might be the most cost effective and newly discovered treatment for these forms of fungal and yeast developing skin diseases. Will try this therapy and give results.

Offline deedan1

• Registered member
« Reply #28 on: Thursday June 11, 2009, 03:28:13 AM »
I'm a new to pompholyx, it started about a few days ago. At least i think its pompholyx, i would upload pictures but i find it gross. They're little bubbles that are covering about 50% of my hands, mostly in my palm and fingers. an about 10% in my feet.  :(

I have athletes feet,(on one foot) i just got it a week ago and i think it is the reason of why im getting these little bubbles everywhere.  At 1st i went to the the emergency room because i thought i was bitten by a bug and it was getting really swollen and was spreading, Ive never had athletes feet before.(I take showers but i dont fully dry my feet and i like to wear socks :-X) That's when i notice the tiniest bubbles popping on my palms. I told the doctor after waiting for like 6 hours  about the bubbles and as well as my toe, and she didn't know what it was. I have no insurance to be going to the doctor, so im trying to heal this on my own.

I am 21 years old female btw :-P... i have been soaking my hands and feet (except my right foot toes where i am in recovering from the fungi that was growing) for almost 5 days now. The apple cyder vinegar helps me from itching but when im done soaking for about 15 minutes (each hand and foot) my hands burn from the dryness and cracking. i don't know whether to put lotion or not. Im putting Calamine but it doesn't take away the itchiness,  :-\...It wasn't so bad until a day ago, i think im healing? idk....my mom says that i am but im not sure because it seems like the pumps are moving towards my arm... :(...I feel like i have chicken pox all over again!

i have been scared to touch my sisters or anything that isn't mine, thinking that i might contaminate them...Can i contaminate them or anywhere else in my body if i touch it? I'm super careful not to touch other parts of my body or face. I wear bags on my hands to shower.... :-\.....
i dont know what im doing im just following the advice im reading online, this site has helped me so much, im scared of washing my hands with soap, my mom or dad doesn't seem to know anything bout this, its never happen to them or anyone they know before, i think its because of my foot fungi that i started breaking out so is it possible that itll all go away after im fully recovered by it? omg im don't know what to do anymore the itchiness is getting worse. :( its summer and im going to start my new job soon, i don't want to go like this  :'(

Offline itchychick

• Global Moderator
  • Peachy Sunshine
« Reply #29 on: Friday June 12, 2009, 03:19:26 AM »
Hi Deedan, and welcome to the forum.

The bubbles you describe certainly could be pompholyx or dishydrotic eczema, but it could also be other things, and the only way to know for sure is to get a proper diagnosis.

You mention athlete's foot.  Fungal infections can absolutely trigger dishydrotic e (I'm not sure about other skin disorders), and my sister (a dermatologist) told me of a study where they treated with oral antifungals, and when the fungus was systemically cleared, the dishydrotic e cleared as well.

If it is pompholyx, then don't worry about contagion.  It isn't transmissible.  You also don't need to shower with bags on your hands, unless the water hurts too much.  Soap can definately be irritating, so use extreme caution with it.

Finally, if it is pompholyx, there is no real cure.  You can control the symptoms, but the disorder itself is always underlying.  If you have any way of getting to a dermatologist, they could advise you of your options.

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Friday June 12, 2009, 09:41:31 AM »
I'm with Itchychick as far as seeing a derm goes. Make sure it's a derm and not a regular doctor.

We've actually got another member on here that got pompholyx from athlete's foot. Please don't panic... pompholyx isn't contagious, and athlete's foot is less contagious than people usually believe. It's not likely going to spread to other parts of your body, either. But you're not the first sufferer to put bags on your hands to shower... just because the hot water irritates the skin.

I'm really surprised that the ACV drys your skin. It moisturizes mine. ??? The fact that your skin is drying is actually a good sign. When the blisters dry up and crack, that means you're healing... it hurts a bit for a day or two, and after that it just looks ugly for a week or so. I've noticed personally that this is when people ask me what happened to my skin, and the phrase "it's called pompholyx; it's not contagious" generally settles things. Come to think of it, the blisters do look like they're spreading up to my arm when I'm getting over an especially bad breakout. Those will probably sink back in and go away quietly (wish the others would do the same!)

Best of luck, Sorry to hear you're suffering so much. :hugs: Welcome to Skincell. :hi:

Offline deedan1

• Registered member
« Reply #31 on: Saturday June 13, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
Thank you both for responding :] :hug:

my mom spoke to a Derm. and he told her there wasn't much he could presc. he gets a lot of patients, even parents that bring in babies.
He said that i do have pomp. and that i will heal in a week or too. I have to moisturize and if i was in real pain he would give me something.
I think that SARNA worked best on me, every time im itching i put some on and it keeps me cool. Its like vics, it smells nice and it keeps your skin moist. Its what has been working for me these last few days, im noticing that they are popping ( i don't literary actually see them popping) but they are blending with my skin, its bumpy but im recovering.

I still see tiny bubbles though underneath my skin, im not sure what to say bout them...they kinda make me want to lose hope, i see a lot on my foot, and on my palm on my hands, are they new bubbles? :( ???

Offline Bamawing

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Saturday June 13, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »
The new bubbles might be new, but my bet is they'll go away soon. And anything that keeps them cool is your friend.

Yeah, mine look like they popped by themselves when I'm getting over it. Soon, this will be but a happy memory (not really).

Offline deedan1

• Registered member
« Reply #33 on: Friday July 17, 2009, 07:57:16 AM »
its been a few weeks that ive been healed, I don't have it as bad as i did anymore thank god,
i thought it be something in the past, but go figure lol i can see a few, bout 3-4 bubbles total on my palms,
is it possible that they might be coming back? does anyone know what i can do to prevent them
from coming in the future? how frequent is it?  :'(

Offline MamaZ

• Registered member
« Reply #34 on: Thursday August 06, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »
Interesting what you are all saying about Candida.
I'm beginning to think the Pompholyx is just another manifestation of yeast overgrowth/gut imbalance. I've dealt with this on and off for years (mostly on) and it seems to pop up in so many different ways. Currently for me it's my hands with the DE. I'm sure I'd benefit from doing a cleanse and then overhauling my diet but that sounds so overwhelming. :(

I keep hearing about how DE runs its course. Is that true?? Mine seems to be going cyclical but never ending. Every few days or so it seems like it's finally under control only to get worse yet again. WTF??! This is insanity. I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to need to wear gloves for the rest of my life.

Btw, I'm pretty dramatic. LOL.