Author Topic: New member  (Read 1898 times)

Offline scarbutt

• Registered member
« on: Thursday July 23, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »
I'm new to this site but not to HS.  Have had it now for 27 years!!!!!  For many years, the bumps would only come up and go down.  For the past 5 years they have become increasingly worse.  I lived in a small town before, so of course no temporary solutions, antibiotics, creams, etc. were recommended.  Your ideas are all fabulous and certainly warrant me trying.  Just got over a BAD bout.  Got one in the butt cheeks (as usual), it had gotten very inflammed, painful and caused 103 fever.  Went to ER and they took blood, told me I had sepsis and promptly performed surgery.  I am healing via "secondary" healing which means they leave the surgery site open.  They have put a drain in it, packed it and say it takes about 6 weeks to close up.  I also get them in the groin, but it's been a while (knock on wood).  I had a hysterectomy years ago, but was forced to go back to the store for kotex and plaster them on my ass to keep the drainage off my clothes.  I've never been to a dermatologist for this (again, small town) but have now moved to a bigger city.  Planning to make an appointment next week.  Can any of you give me pointers on what questions to ask, what to accept for management of these things and what to steer clear of?  How will I know if the dermatologist is truly familiar with this?  Any insight would be great!!!!!

Offline welshmummy

• Registered member
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: Friday July 24, 2009, 05:10:56 AM »
Hello!
Good luck with the healing following your op. I've had similar ops  few times, so I know how painful itcan be. In my experience the first couple of weeks are the worst, then the body starts healing at a remarkable rate.
I've got a fantastic dermatologist, I found him by googling all the ones in my area, and i found that one of then had written lots of papers on HS, so I picked him!
With regard to treatments, don't rule anything out based on what you might read on the internet... All of us have different reactions and what works for one doesn't work for another. I'm not saying don't read about it, just don't let someone elses bad experiences stop you trying something that might help you.
Good luck, let us know how you get on xx